Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Seat leather repair?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-18, 11:39 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,825 Likes on 2,388 Posts

Brush in combination with dirt means abrasion there is nothing to argue about here the only question is how much. But you can avoid this by using Leatherique which by the sounds you have never tried. I've seen that video before the perfect example of working hard but not working smart. Leatherique would have cleaned that perfectly without almost no effort I know this because when I got my Lexus the leather has not been cleaned since new it was filthy. I started out using various brushes etc. then discovered Leatherique I wish I had used it on the entire interior.

Here's a test I did the results speak for themselves. NO brushes or scrubbing.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...ique-test.html
Old 08-23-18, 02:58 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,113 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
Brush in combination with dirt means abrasion there is nothing to argue about here the only question is how much. But you can avoid this by using Leatherique which by the sounds you have never tried. I've seen that video before the perfect example of working hard but not working smart. Leatherique would have cleaned that perfectly without almost no effort I know this because when I got my Lexus the leather has not been cleaned since new it was filthy. I started out using various brushes etc. then discovered Leatherique I wish I had used it on the entire interior.

Here's a test I did the results speak for themselves. NO brushes or scrubbing.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...ique-test.html
I have used it and is a good conditioner. The Op still needs to agitate the seams to get the dirt out. Hilarious you are arguing against two of the most respected car detailers but just keep on doing what you are doing because you know more and have much more experience detailing leather than those two professionals. Again your post said using that brush will damage the leather which is ridiculous.
Old 08-23-18, 10:05 PM
14RX350
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I will say that detailing your personal car and detailing as a profession are two different things. You have to make compromises and often times use different products and methods when detailing as a professional.
Old 08-24-18, 06:00 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,825 Likes on 2,388 Posts

I can understand that, a detailer can't generally wait a day or more for a product to work. For me I would never let anyone use a power brush on my leather especially since there are better ways. But if people like it done that way go for it.
Old 08-24-18, 11:00 PM
14RX350
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I would not either. I'd want to do the least amount of scrubbing necessary using the softest material possible.

Leather Care from the 2014 RX350 Owners Manual:

Protecting the vehicle interior:
Remove dirt and dust using a vacuum cleaner. Wipe dirty surfaces with a cloth dampened with lukewarm water.

Cleaning the leather areas:
Remove dirt and dust using a vacuum cleaner
Wipe any dirt and dust with a soft cloth dampened with diluted detergent
(use a diluted water solution of approximately 5% neutral wool detergent)
Wring out any excess water from the cloth and thoroughly wipe off all remaining traces of detergent
Wipe the surface with a dry, soft cloth to remove any remaining moisture. Allow leather to dry in a shaded and ventilated area.

Cleaning the synthetic leather areas:
Remove loose dirt using a vacuum cleaner
Apply a mild soap solution to the synthetic leather using a sponge or soft cloth
Allow the solution to soak in for a few minutes. Remove the dirt and wipe off the solution with a clean, damp cloth.
Old 06-29-22, 11:46 AM
bdecker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leather seat

I would appreciate any help with this. My 2015 Lexus 350 had the same leather wear as some of the other pictures. Before I found this site someone suggested to me that I use Meguiar's leather clearner and a small soft brush. All it has done is make the places very dark and possibly even bigger. I have attached a picture. I would love
some advice as to what steps I can take on my own to make this less noticeable and prevent further damage. Thank you.