Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Black 03 GS300

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-03 | 02:20 PM
adale
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black 03 GS300

Just wanted to get an idea of how others are waxing their black Lexus. This is my second one and I can not get the wax swirl marks off the hood. The trunk lid and cabin top are no problem just the hood. I use Maguires #6 carnuba and any polishing needs are done with 3M polish. That stuff works better than claying and is much easier too. I like carnuba simply because here in Oklahoma the days are long and hot (like over 100 for the last week) and the polys seem to not hold up as well. I tried several including Klasse and a few others and although they beaded well for months the depth of the shine just went away quickly. And pulling them off even with Dawn is almost impossible. BTW I wash my care at least once a week, buy hand and at a minimum wax it every two months. Any input would be much appreciated.
Old 07-21-03 | 05:15 PM
Deanski
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swirls

I'd advise you to vist this site: Autopia

As for swirls, you will need a "PC" or Porter Cable polisher, some foam pads, yellow for cut, white for polish, grey for finish.

If it's bad, I'd start with Megs, DACP followed by 3M PIII-MG and Mez-FP. You can view my results on the site: My SC430

The Autopia site is full of info, area for learning and ALL THE FORUMS! There is so much info, you'll go nuts! If you want to detail your car the best possible way, DO IT YOURSELF! It's not so hard and you will know the results!

There are so many polsihes and waxes and sealants. I use Zaino as it brings a wet look to the SC430, BUT your finish has to be very perfect as it highlights defects it's that good and optically clear!

If you don't have a PC, here's a site: Porter Cable 7424

This is the best price I've seen for it.

Also, good site for products: Products and help

Good luck and enjoy!

Regards,
Deanski