Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Best ceramic coat? Choices...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-18, 10:59 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I kind of went through the same thing. Used a not so great compound to get alot of deeper scratches out, thought it was working as they seemed to be disappearing but after I washed the car with dawn they mostly came right back after using a bright light at certain angles, the compound was just filling them in and was no more effective then a standard polish. I was furious because it took so long so to polish so I used a stronger compound that I did not like using with a PC because it dries too quick but it was more effective. I washed it again and then did a final polish. Unfortunately after I washed it again even with new micro fiber towels/rags and taking all the precautions I saw more swirls under the bright light. (I hate soft Lexus clears especially on a black car) but I was so over all the hours and hours of polishing I just decided I was going to put the ceramic coating on anyways and just deal with the not perfect finish, in a couple years maybe I will try to make it perfect. It still looks great in just about all lighting conditions except maybe a few angles in bright sun you can see some swirls if you look for them. I scratched the ceramic finish with the car cover anyway so a perfect finish would not have mattered too much anyway.
Old 11-30-18, 12:45 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

I feel your pain. I did paint correction on 2 cars prior to my truck. Truck turned out ok. My wife's civic turned out decent, but ironically my ES turned out the best.

ES:

Ram:

Wife's Car Before:

and After:
Old 11-30-18, 01:18 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Blue!

Love the Blue!

THAT is a great looking truck right there "ArmyofOne!" Like you I own a rig myself. Swore that if I lived thru my 9 month deployment in 2004 Id buy my Dream Truck. Though I escaped death numerous times, I did fulfil my own promise. Im a Dodge Ram Cummins man myself. Matter of fact, I just had it decontaminated, polished and sealed before Thanksgiving. The paint has sufferred a bit over the years, but nothing can kill a Cummins! 🇺🇸

Love using my Porter Cable 7424XP w Pinnacle Products as my preference. Now that I had my RCF done w Film and CQuartz Finest Reserve, I must be cautious of the products I use on it. Now its GTechniq in my Foam Cannon. 😳

Semper Fidelis,

Gunny

** If there are any Veterans reading this in the Northern Virginia area, the Co who detailed it offers a Complete Detail - Inside and out...FREE as part of their "Xtreme Ops" Program for those who have served. 🇺🇸

PM me for details!
Sorry to derail the Thread here OP. Im sittin in a hospital w too much time on my hands.
Old 12-25-18, 08:47 PM
Break2
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I did my car twice. The first time with Crystal light serum (wore off way to quick in my opinion). I tried that Naisol on one panel, but it left lines in the finish. I buffed it off and tried again, same result. I will say it resists scratching pretty good. I took my wedding ring and "scratched" the finish and did not leave a mark at all. When I did the same thing on the CSL, it left a mark almost immediately. The problem I seem to see on the Amazon feedback is the lines in the finish and it does not last long. If you got 6 months out of it, I'd be surprised. This last time, which I did a few weeks ago, I went with Gyeon Pure. Its a little harder to apply, but the finish is 10x nicer that Crystal Serum Light.
Old 01-08-19, 09:18 PM
124c41
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I recommend Gyeon Mohs or Kamikaze Zipang Coat with Miyabi.