Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Deoderizer

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-03, 12:12 PM
jbbreeden
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deoderizer

My dealer sprayed the interior of my LS400 with an "air freshener" last time it was in for service and now it smells like Pepe Le Pew (cartoon skunk). Seriously, it is a sickly sweetish sort of vanilla odor.

Can anybody personally recommend a good deodorizer for the interior. Not another smelly thing like Air-Wick or a pine tree on the rear-view mirror, but a NON-SMELL spray?

Thanks,

b.
Old 08-02-03, 10:01 AM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As far as the stuff on store shelves goes, i can't help you much there, i've only tried Febeeze and Ozium. They're effective to varying degrees but it depends on the source as to just how effective-some odors will come back-especially with microbial growth in the mix. Autopia recommends "Kids & Pets Brand" odor eliminator -you might want to try and find that.

This is a another good approach ;

http://www.no-odor.com/

Because you can enter in the odor you're trying to eliminate, and it finds the product that will be effective on it.

You may want to punch in "perfume" or something similar for your concern.

I have found Automotive International's (www.autoint.com) odor control spray to have almost no odor whatsoever, and it works well .

They supply to the detailers/detailing industry, (of which I am one listed there) this is both good and bad in that- they are quality products, but you pretty much have to buy in bulk quantities. You might want to email them and I'm sure they could send you a small sample, as that's how they got me onto their products. Best of luck.