Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Quick Detailers Preference

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-19, 08:38 PM
MSterling
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Quick Detailers

In a totally subjective opinion, I would love to know if either one of these products is better than the other.
I have a 2019 ES350 in Matador Red.

A) 303 Quick Car Detailer
or
B) Maguiar's G14422 Ultimate Quik Detailer
The following users liked this post:
Beachtyme (04-02-19)
Old 04-02-19, 06:23 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,289 Likes on 897 Posts

Originally Posted by MSterling
I hope I'm not violating Fourm rules, but I have learned to trust this group's thoughts.

So if anyone wants to chime in on my Detailing post, I would be most appreciative.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...detailers.html

Thanks.
I use Meguiar's and find it to be easy and effective and producing a high gloss shine. Another product that I use (was given to me) and was surprised how good it was is Turtle Wax synthetic spray wax. IMO this is even better than Meguiar's. Goes on easily and, more important, comes off very easily. Excellent shine that lasts. I use 303 protectorant for the black plastic parts on the car such as the rear valance on the 2019 and on my previous 2013 mud guards. I've not used 303 quick detailer. You'll probably get a lot of replies here with members all stating that theirs is the best. It's all a matter of choice and, as you say, very subjective.
MSterling (04-02-19)
Old 04-02-19, 07:53 AM
Beachtyme
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

I lean towards Gary Dean's ultimate use detail juice, it's cheap and works on pretty much anything. Not to mention I can mix it at different concentrations depending on how strong I want to use it.
MSterling (04-02-19)
Old 04-02-19, 09:23 AM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Regular ONR, same dilution as for washing, only in in a spray bottle. Spray lightly on on a microfiber and wipe down. Spray on a makeup brush for tight areas. No need for additional products unless you'd just prefer a specialty product. Be careful with some of those gloss products, particularly anything petroleum-based. They should not be used on your infotainment screen. Many of them also vaporize and cause build-up on your interior glass.
MSterling (04-02-19)
Old 04-02-19, 10:06 AM
MSterling
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthonyMJ
Regular ONR, same dilution as for washing, only in in a spray bottle. Spray lightly on on a microfiber and wipe down. Spray on a makeup brush for tight areas. No need for additional products unless you'd just prefer a specialty product. Be careful with some of those gloss products, particularly anything petroleum-based. They should not be used on your infotainment screen. Many of them also vaporize and cause build-up on your interior glass.
Thanks for providing further understanding. Although, I should have indicated that I'm just looking for something to shine up the exterior paint, without having to do a wash or just to get water/rain spots off.
Old 04-02-19, 11:32 AM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Turtle Wax Ice (not the old green Turtle Wax) is my current favorite. Mequiars Ultimate Fast Finish and Mequiars Hybrid Ceramic are also good. If money is no object, there is a plethora of products out there to research.
The following 2 users liked this post by AnthonyMJ:
Beachtyme (04-02-19), MSterling (04-02-19)
Old 04-04-19, 05:36 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Cool All I Need To Say....

My new go-to / all time fave = Ammo Products. Beats ONR application and shine quality hands down!
My Ammo Thread - Guess people thought I meant "Ammunition" and passed over it!
Old 04-04-19, 07:52 AM
Born2saw
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I have used several and feel they all do a decent job but do not replace a regular wash and wax, don’t last long. Meguiar s gold class and Griot’s speed shine are probably my favorites. I have a car duster which I always use before using any quick detailer. Just remember any grit or dirt on the paint when you use these can scratch.

I have also used several more expensive products (Zaino for one) and although they work great I don’t feel they are with the extra $

Last edited by Born2saw; 04-04-19 at 08:04 AM.
Beachtyme (04-04-19)
Old 04-04-19, 09:08 AM
Beachtyme
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Born2saw
I have used several and feel they all do a decent job but do not replace a regular wash and wax, don’t last long. Meguiar s gold class and Griot’s speed shine are probably my favorites. I have a car duster which I always use before using any quick detailer. Just remember any grit or dirt on the paint when you use these can scratch.

I have also used several more expensive products (Zaino for one) and although they work great I don’t feel they are with the extra $
I too am a fan of GG's speed shine, but after using detail juice I've converted over.
MSterling (04-06-19)
Old 04-04-19, 10:01 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer is my go to product, although lately I've been using Kenotek Showroom Shine and Bead Maker (not necessarily promoted as a detailer) and both of these provide very good results. I'll probably keep all three on hand mainly because I'm fickle.
The following 2 users liked this post by LexBob2:
Beachtyme (04-04-19), MSterling (04-06-19)
Old 04-04-19, 09:38 PM
bob123
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I think Meguiar's Last Touch D15501 is under the radar. I primarily use it as a drying aid. It leaves behind great gloss and a week or two of protection. Great value for the price even if you don't dilute it.
MSterling (04-06-19)
Old 04-07-19, 07:49 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 542 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer is my go to product, although lately I've been using Kenotek Showroom Shine and Bead Maker (not necessarily promoted as a detailer) and both of these provide very good results. I'll probably keep all three on hand mainly because I'm fickle.
I like the Kenotec just because it's so easy to remove. It's the easiest wipe off I've ever used. I also like to use Adam's H20 G&G combined with their Ceramic Boost.
Old 04-08-19, 06:27 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts

I only use ONRWW and I want to know what are the best Towels to use for this? Can you guys agree on a GO TO Towel for ONRWW?

Thanks in advance.

Vince
Old 04-08-19, 07:12 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 301 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by fwhomeboy
I only use ONRWW and I want to know what are the best Towels to use for this? Can you guys agree on a GO TO Towel for ONRWW?

Thanks in advance.

Vince
Eagle Edgeless 350 https://www.theragcompany.com/eagle-...owel-lavender/
fwhomeboy (04-08-19)
Old 04-08-19, 07:59 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by np20412
I ordered those and I also got some of these Just because. Thanks again.
Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: Quick Detailers Preference