Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Zanio

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-03, 03:45 AM
additude
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Zaino

The other day I did an "Accidental" experiment and was so impressed with the results I just had to post them.

I hadn't cleaned the leather in my car for maybe a year, so it was getting pretty dirty. I had picked up some softscrub after reading about it here, I also had some Lexol cleaner and conditioner plus a bottle of Zaino leather cleaner that I bought when I bought the wax from them in spring of 2002. However I wasn't really impressed with the looks of the Zaino leather cleaner bottle and figured I'd just "Try it some day" and left it sit while I used the Lexol products.

So, I go to clean my leather and go to get the cleaner and conditioner I had left over from last year. I also see the Zaino cleaner spray bottle sitting there with that stuff and just pick it up also, I take it all outside.

I start with the Lexol cleaner and see that it doesn't appear to really be lifting the dirt. The folds in the leather have ground in dirt, etc. so I keep working it. After a bit, I go get a soft brush to help and still I see remanents of dirt. Well, I don't want to work the leather to hard, a lot of rubbing and brushing could damage the leather.

So, I remember the Zaino and decide to give it a try.

I spray the entire seat bottom area and edge closest to the door (Which was really dirty) and wiped it with a clean cotton terry towel.

I just couldn't believe what I saw. The dirt and grime just "Wiped" away. Here I was, struggling with Lexol and the Zaino just cleaned it like Windex on a dirty window. I have natural color leather so it's light colored and the dirt simply wiped off leaving a beautiful natural tone color. I was like "Shock and Awe".

I was so impressed I immediately tried the Zaino on my wifes RX. Now her seats are dark gray and simply filthy. On one seat there is this big black mark. I don't know what it is, but it looks like a shoe scuff mark on a lineoleum floor.

First I tried the Lexol on it. Didn't even touch it. Then I used the Zaino. Well it was just gone. It took a little rubbing and I mean like 5 rubs and it was gone.

Then her passenger seat. There was a magazine ink imprint on the seat. She had laid a magazine on the seat and left it there on a hot summer day and the ink from the back cover must have melted into the seat. I couldn't get it out with Lexol cleaner, but after three applications and rubs with the Zaino there is only a small light stain left that's not noticeable unless you know it's there.

I was just amazed.

I finished my whole car, using the Zaino on everything in the car, the dash, the plastic, everything and now my car looks so sweet inside. It simply looks brand new. Like the day it came off the showroom floor.

I've read about people using Softscrub, Lexol, McGuires (sp?) and other stuff here in these forums, but I have to say, I'll personally never use anything else other than Zaino. In my opinion anything else is just a waste of time. There just isn't a comparison.

I just ordered some more cleaner to finish my wifes car off and I also ordered Zaino's leather conditioner. I figured if that can make a product like the cleaner, then they must have one hellofa conditioner.

That's this weekend.

If you haven't tried this stuff then I'll tell you that you owe it to yourself to at least try it and see for yourself. I swear you won't be dissapointed. Don't waste time and effort with the other products. In a little over an hour I cleaned (and I mean cleaned) the interior of my car and conditioned it. (I did use Lexol to condition it because I didn't have the Zaino conditioner at the time).

I just thought that this might sound like a commercial, well it's not. I'm not associated with Zaino in any way or fashion other than being a customer. They have no knowledge I am writing this.

Last edited by additude; 08-15-03 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-15-03, 04:47 AM
acf
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that's killer. Can you buy that stuff in a retail store or must it be purchased online?
Old 08-15-03, 05:00 AM
additude
Intermediate

On Line at:
Zaino Web Site
Old 08-15-03, 07:09 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,237 Likes on 1,356 Posts

There's also a local Charlotte Zaino distributor that the S2000 guys recommend.

Steve Treece
Carolina Shine
10201 Kilmory Terrace
Charlotte, NC 28210
704-759-0142

cashine@juno.com
Old 08-15-03, 10:36 AM
BuyERTS
Lead Lap

To clairfy, can you (additude) confirm that it's the Z-9 cleaner that you're describing? Not the Z-10 conditioner, right?
Old 08-15-03, 01:37 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 351 Likes on 205 Posts

I really need to order some! I've been using this orange cleaner to scrub stuff out and using Meguires (which sucks) to condition the leather. I've seen photo's of an entire Zanio-fied (is that a word? ) car and they are just.. well wow!
Old 08-15-03, 01:39 PM
BuyERTS
Lead Lap

Originally posted by vraa
...Zanio-fied (is that a word? )
I believe the correct spelling would be Zainofied. And yes, it is a word -- as of right now.
Old 08-15-03, 04:53 PM
additude
Intermediate

Originally posted by BuyERTS
To clairfy, can you (additude) confirm that it's the Z-9 cleaner that you're describing? Not the Z-10 conditioner, right?
It was Z-9, right. But I am going to use the Z-10 also.
Old 09-08-03, 01:49 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Z-10 is great - smells great cause it has leather oils in it, but I haven't used the cleaner yet. This is amusing...