Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Tips on Caring for our leather seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-20, 06:15 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 550 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by chinee
It's more of a protectant and not so much a cleaner. You should clean the surface first, wipe with a warm damp cloth to remove any lingering detergents, then wipe with the 303.
I ordered a bottle and this stuff is truly amazing. I mainly bought it for my wife's NX which sits outside. It truly does brighten up everything and adds depth to nearly every surface. It even lets the sparkle shine on the sparkly grey plastic (its more prevalent in the NX but still a bit in the GS). I then used the saturated cloth for a light wipe on my GS and the interior looks brand new and everything has the right amount of new OEM sheen. Thanks for the recommendation!
Old 07-01-20, 08:59 AM
websurfer
Racer

Received 328 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by BMGS
I ordered a bottle and this stuff is truly amazing. I mainly bought it for my wife's NX which sits outside. It truly does brighten up everything and adds depth to nearly every surface. It even lets the sparkle shine on the sparkly grey plastic (its more prevalent in the NX but still a bit in the GS). I then used the saturated cloth for a light wipe on my GS and the interior looks brand new and everything has the right amount of new OEM sheen. Thanks for the recommendation!
How does that 303 smell, does it leave any oily feel afterwards?

I also found:

MEGUIAR'S G10924SP Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner and Conditioning Spray, 24 Fluid Ounces

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07R7S13...v_ov_lig_dp_it

How does it compare?

Last edited by websurfer; 07-01-20 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-01-20, 09:43 AM
MX5NES350
Lead Lap

Received 100 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by websurfer

I also found:

MEGUIAR'S G10924SP Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner and Conditioning Spray, 24 Fluid Ounces

How does it compare?
In my experience 303 is a bit better as far as needing to re-wipe. I use the M's on household furniture but prefer either 303 or Lexol depending on what I have on-hand or at close reach.
Old 07-01-20, 12:25 PM
BMGS
Racer

Received 550 Likes on 338 Posts

I also found:

How does it compare?
It smells like almost nothing, just a generic cleaning product smell. There is no oily residue or feel. It's not comparable to a leather cleaner or conditioner. It's a UV blocker that can be used on interior and exterior surfaces other than clear plastic, suede and canvas. It does act as a renewer in a sense for interior pieces by adding more depth and color as its wiped on the surface.

If you want a great smelling leather conditioner then Zaino Leather In A Bottle will do the trick as that's the only reason to use one on coated leather.
Old 07-23-20, 12:17 AM
ViperTim
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

So far I haven't tried this in my Lexus as it's recently detailed before I bought it.
I've tried various of cleaning solutions, far from all on the market, but maybe 5-10 different higher quality ones.
So far nothing has had baby soap beat. My old BMW was absolutely disgusting inside when I bought it. Baby soaped the entire cars inside (took me a whole week!).
Works absolutely wonders on all materials, I use it on fabric, plastic and leather. Only place I haven't tried it on is the floor mats.

I take a bar of baby soap, smash it to little bits and put inside just your everyday bottlesprayer with water, mix it and spray it on.
1 bar of soap is good for atleast 3-4 cars.
Not only does it clean everything spotless, it also moisturises so any leather conditioner afterwards is not only unecessary but also creates a worse surface than the baby soap does.
Try it, it's almost free.

EDIT:

I also found:

How does it compare?
I actually compared my baby soap to this.
Baby soap beat it around the block and to the moon and back.... Gave the meguiars away.
Old 11-02-20, 06:02 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 328 Likes on 257 Posts

I ended up trying this instead. 303 leather care, it's very light and no lasting smell. Not oily and not bad smelling either.

I didn't get rid of the dirt but does a good job adding moisture to the leather though. I didn't see the 303 Protectant Interior and Exterior for sale.
Old 11-28-20, 04:48 PM
Savjam
Pit Crew

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by jdpdata
Another vote for 303 Protectant. Stuff is great, smells good, and relatively cheap. I use on all interior trim and also use to polish my dress shoes
Be careful. I used it on my 2018 GS leather and it removed some of the color. I now only use the Lexol cleaner / Conditioner. Although the leather is sealed, a conditioner makes the surface smooth which reduces friction and consequently wear. 303 Protectant is an excellent products for plastics and vinyl which I use on the GS. Used it on my BMW and the dashboard still looked new after 11 years.
Old 12-27-20, 03:52 AM
Seattle SCone
Advanced

Received 293 Likes on 175 Posts

Finally tried Woolite and wow. It cleaned my Ecru leather like nothing before. I've used Lexol and found it did little in terms of removing darkening on my light ecru leather.
Zaino 9 worked obviously better than Lexol and restored leather brightness when Lexol achieved no discernible cleaning.

I would have never believed that Woolite would clean my leather even better than Zaino 9. Wow. Sold.