Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Crystal Guard - Revolutionary Car Protectant?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-03, 08:07 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Crystal Guard - Revolutionary Car Protectant?

The guys on the 350z forum are raving about this stuff, any new car i get im definatly looking into using this stuff... what do you guys think about it, have any of you heard about it? what about you TXSTYLE have you had any experiance with it? These guys look very very professional! Watch the demo video where they are washing and brand new lambo.

http://www.crystalguard.com/

Here is an article from My350z.com:

CrystalGuard: Say Good-Bye to wax today!!
Shine & Protect your car very QUICKLY!

CrystalGuard is a new generation of paint sealant coating based on glass fiber technology instead of teflon. CrystalGuard bonds to any smooth surface to create micro thin glass layer. Sounds informercial??? But this is REAL. This product was invented by some chemist, not by some wax company mixing oils here & there.

CrystalGuard Quick is instant version of CrystalGuard. With one bottle, you can do up to 8 applications or so!!! and....
Your Z can look like this in 30 mins!

CrystalGuard's benefits are:

1. Durability
Shines and protects your car for months & months

2. NO MORE WAX
You don't need to use wax anymore.

3. Brightness
CrystalGuard adds more brightness even to brand new cars

4. Wheel protection
Brake dust won't stick to your wheels anymore!

5. Easy application
CrystalGuard Quick needs only 30 minutes including car wash. After car wash, it takes only 15 mins!!

6. Multiple layers capability
CrystalGuard creates transparent glass layer over the body. CrystalGuard doesn't contain any detergent, wax or oil. More you apply, deeper your car shines!

If you would like to know more about CrystalGuard, please visit
CrystalGuard Web Site

Let's hear what our members say:

Pure Evil
I will simply tell you to throw your waxes away, Crystal Guard is going to revolutionize the industry!!

VQracer
Surprisingly easy to apply yet yields the results of hours of work. Anyone can do it. I can't stop touching it!

Westpak
Crystal Guard is the easiest of car finish applications I have used over the years with the most return on your efforts. The result is a deep shine and smooth surface finish that is also easy to clean later without much effort. The ease of application, just spray and wipe, makes this product well worth it.

MaxHax
After paying top dollar to top of the line detailers for sub par results I thought I would give this product a shot.

The ease of use combined with the outcome (even after rain) is all it took to convince me that this is the product I will stick with for the life of my vehicle. It is amazingly easy and gives my car that deep gloss showroom shine in 30 minutes.

VandyZ
This stuff makes the car look like it has been dipped in a gloss. By the end of the day it was looking even better.

hfm
Outstanding shine, easy application, long-term sealant protection and a price less than one detailing job makes Crystal Guard a must buy for any car afficionado.

StrictlyZ
I must say I was a big skeptic as well, but after seeing it put on I must say I'm pretty impressed. I still can't believe that something that can be put on so fast can look so good. So I am in the same boat as a lot of you are.

GodZilla
What it is to me "I think it's something that going to revolutionize the way we maintain our cars." For all those people that like to keep their car shining and outshine others to get that show car appearance.

zPilott
The finish with CrystalGuard feels very slippery. I noticed the next morning that some water had run down the passenger window, and all the way down the door. The trail wiped off very easily with just a clean microfiber towel. When I got home, I saw some bug guts over the door, and they too came off with the using the towel. We had a light sprinkling of rain also, and though my windshield looked very nasty afterwords, the body of the car still looked great.

Psyence
I have used CG Quick on my silver and the results are unbelievable. I've used just about every type of wax and sealant under the sun and there is really nothing like CG. The *extreme* ease of use is what really gets me. A simple car wash and 10 minute application/removal of CG gets my silver really glowing without spending a couple hours buffing. CG gives silver and other light colors an amazing richness and depth...

Bruce_with_z
WOW! It is just beautiful. It's not like bling bling shine like metal with lots of flare (or it's because the sun is not that bright today), it's more of a deep shine. It looks like a thick layer of class on the paint.

fdao
I noticed that the shine is much more glasslike in appearance, and yet, still brings out the richness of the the Redline color. Better yet, no white residue in between crevices/panels!
I couldn't imagine how simple this product was!

Yoshi @ ferrarichat.com
I have just eye-witnessed the AMAZING mirror like deep wet look ad\nd reflection of CRYSTAL GUARD! I had been hearing about such productin Japan,which is well famous for a new super glass polymer combines glass and fluorine fibers. Its application is also said to be the easiest and requires the shortest time.

some Porsche owner's impression

If you would like to add your impressions here, please let me know by PM
Old 09-15-03, 08:22 PM
Hopeful
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Sounds like Zaino

Old 09-19-03, 05:43 PM
Deanski
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG

Whoa there, it's not Zaino! I use Zaino on my SC430, and it does a fine job, however as with all sealants, your finish has to be mirror level as sealants do not hide ANY swirls or spider-webbing. Zaino is very optically pure. After Zaino, some top it with wax to add a bit more depth, wetness and reflectivity.

Klasse is another very high quality sealant. Less cost, and good results!

There have been some great reviews on this product over at Autopia.org. I would read those, then make up your mind if you want to use this product.

I would be very cautious on this product from what I've read.

Regards,
Deanski