Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

New tire product, worth a look

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-03, 07:40 AM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New tire product, worth a look

Although I've been using both 303 Aerospace protectant as well as Zaino's Z16 (tire gloss) on my own cars over the last few years, I bought this product to test it out on my customer's cars. I need a tire dressing to last weeks if possible, even through rain, which was one of the hyped claims on this Prestone product. Nothing worse than a customer that comes back and tells me the tire dressing turned gray during rain 2 days after a detail. The Zaino and 303, while providing the look I want, don't have the longevity in the wet.
This compares to Meguiar's Endurance pretty much, but perhaps not quite so shiny. That may or may not be what you prefer. It does hold up in the weather very well. Not quite as thick of consistency as the Meguiar's. Haven't noticed much sling, if any, but then, I wipe all tires after initial soak in. I found this product at Pep Boys for ~$6

I recommend you spraying these type of products onto a sponge or tire swipe, then wiping on the tire. You avoid silicone on your brake rotors and rims, as well as your fenders etc. that way. Cheers.

Here's the link;

http://www.prestone.com/framer.cgi?p...roducts/69.htm
Old 10-10-03, 10:55 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Old 10-10-03, 11:13 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the review.