Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Foam gun / pressure washer - budget combo advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-23, 04:05 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 194 Likes on 151 Posts
Talking Foam gun / pressure washer - budget combo advice needed

Hi. I would like to start foaming my cars and rinse it off time to time.

What is the cheapest way if my budget is $150-$200?
  • Pressure washer (electric)
  • Foam gun
I know quality won't be there, but all i need is foam to be thick and stick. I am not trying to win car shows.
Old 01-17-23, 01:29 AM
ultimase
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 60 Posts

You honestly, don't need to spend a ton. I'm using a greenworks pressure washer I got from target on close out from probably 7-10 years ago, with a generic foam gun from amazon that I switched the orifice with. Honestly, likely under $100 total in that setup, more than likely under $50. Running straight or slightly diluted gold class soap and I get pretty good foam, admittedly not like shaving cream foam, but thick enough that I can do each panel with enough time. All that equipment is at least 7-10 years old, I'd assume foam guns have progressed a bit since then.
The following users liked this post:
joedaddy1 (01-27-23)
Old 01-17-23, 02:34 AM
Oneops
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I don’t have a pressure washer yet and just using a foam gun from Adam’s with the garden hose. It works great! I’m still wanting a pressure washer for my off road rigs but it’s not needed for the is.
Old 01-17-23, 09:34 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 194 Likes on 151 Posts

okay. i bought a cheap pressure washer for $50 on clearance.
bought a foam gun with short handle for $30 + $6 for 1.1mm orfice.

I have the Chem guys Extreme car wash and wax already, so lets see how it goes.

I don't expect this setup to last more than a year.. but I will upgrade once I get a hang of things..
Stay tuned to hear how a <$100 setup is working out..
Old 01-18-23, 09:33 AM
Julius071
Intermediate

Received 124 Likes on 91 Posts

I over did it for my pressure washer setup (link below to my youtube channel on my setup) and I knew my budget of $200 was very low for what I wanted. My goal was to have it more convenient than a pain to drag out and store pressure washer setup for example hose and gun etc.
Old 01-18-23, 04:19 PM
testerab62
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

what would u guys advise for those who live in apartments and dont have access to water hose?
Old 01-19-23, 03:14 PM
Julius071
Intermediate

Originally Posted by testerab62
what would u guys advise for those who live in apartments and dont have access to water hose?
IK multi pro 2 sprayer with DIY Rinseless wash with their new sponge
Old 01-21-23, 01:18 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

I say just use the coin opt washer. Save up and it won't take long to have a decent setup. I mean I have the active 2.0 it cost $350 with 10% coupon. Plus I just swap over all my upgraded fitting , hose, wand and foam cannon. I say it worked better than my Ryobi cause it not surging with the longer hose like the ryobi. But a ryobi a good starter if need be. At the end of the day buy what fit your budget and what your will to live with.
The following users liked this post:
Julius071 (01-23-23)
Old 01-22-23, 09:15 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by laobo979
I say just use the coin opt washer. Save up and it won't take long to have a decent setup. I mean I have the active 2.0 it cost $350 with 10% coupon. Plus I just swap over all my upgraded fitting , hose, wand and foam cannon. I say it worked better than my Ryobi cause it not surging with the longer hose like the ryobi. But a ryobi a good starter if need be. At the end of the day buy what fit your budget and what your will to live with.
Is the active 2.0 quiet?

I've had my ryobi for 5 years now and it's still going.

Old 01-23-23, 08:18 AM
Julius071
Intermediate

agreed. Had thought to upgrade my Karcher to the Active 2.0 but I think it wont be much of an upgrade and I'll just upgrade to the Kranzle in my dreams only haha. @laobo979 lets see your setup!
Old 01-23-23, 03:25 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
Is the active 2.0 quiet?

I've had my ryobi for 5 years now and it's still going.
Its a little bit quiet but mainly it doesn't surge with the longer hose. With the longer hose the Ryobi just keep surging even when not in use. With Active after I rinse I let sit and it won't surge at all that a bonus.
Originally Posted by Julius071
agreed. Had thought to upgrade my Karcher to the Active 2.0 but I think it wont be much of an upgrade and I'll just upgrade to the Kranzle in my dreams only haha. @laobo979 lets see your setup!
I don't have pic as its sitting in the basement for now since it winter here in Ma. Northeast area. I love to get the Kranzle but for now active 2.0 is a upgrade from the box store cheaper pressure washer. As with all my upgrade parts it doesn't surge while just sitting. Here list of what I have and stuff I bought during Black Friday which help with discounted price. Once summer come around and I finish my garage. This setup with have a permanent wall mount.
1. Active 2.0
2. 75ft Kobrajet hose
3. Mosmatic spray gun
4. Mosmatic wan 20"
5. MTM foam canon
6. *** reel for Hose
7. All stainless steel fitting disconnect.
Old 01-23-23, 06:28 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Its a little bit quiet but mainly it doesn't surge with the longer hose. With the longer hose the Ryobi just keep surging even when not in use. With Active after I rinse I let sit and it won't surge at all that a bonus.

I don't have pic as its sitting in the basement for now since it winter here in Ma. Northeast area. I love to get the Kranzle but for now active 2.0 is a upgrade from the box store cheaper pressure washer. As with all my upgrade parts it doesn't surge while just sitting. Here list of what I have and stuff I bought during Black Friday which help with discounted price. Once summer come around and I finish my garage. This setup with have a permanent wall mount.
1. Active 2.0
2. 75ft Kobrajet hose
3. Mosmatic spray gun
4. Mosmatic wan 20"
5. MTM foam canon
6. *** reel for Hose
7. All stainless steel fitting disconnect.
This is my wash setup:
1. Ryobi 2000 PSI pressure washer
2. 50 ft Kobrajet non marking hose.
3. MTM SG35 swivel gun
4. MTM Stainless wand
5. MTM foam cannon
6. *** hose reel with stainless fittings
7. All stainless quick disconnects

Old 01-23-23, 10:05 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Blkexcoupe Nice setup no surging with that ryobi? I have the same metro blaster. bought from Adams polish back 6yrs ago 20% off, free shipping and couldn't pass up.
Old 01-24-23, 05:48 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Blkexcoupe Nice setup no surging with that ryobi? I have the same metro blaster. bought from Adams polish back 6yrs ago 20% off, free shipping and couldn't pass up.
It does surge, but I never really thought much of it until this thread. lol

I've barely used the metro blaster since I got it. I still reach for the leaf blower every time and forget I have the metro blaster.
Old 01-24-23, 05:49 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
It does surge, but I never really thought much of it until this thread. lol

I've barely used the metro blaster since I got it. I still reach for the leaf blower every time and forget I have the metro blaster.
Yeah that why i went with the active. I just didn't like the cheaper washer surging all time during the washing process. For me upgrade was worth the peace and quiet haha...I use mine all the time maybe cause i mount the blower in my garage and pull my car in to dry it off. Great for drying the door jam, trunk jam, rims and engine bay.

Quick Reply: Foam gun / pressure washer - budget combo advice needed