Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

fells in socal: do you wash your car these days?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-03, 08:33 AM
ikankoi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fellas in socal: do you wash your car these days?

do you guys wash your car these past 2 days? i just plan to wash mine it all covered wth ashes from the wildfire. i think its gonna be useless to do so for the nest few days (hopefully the fire will be put out soon - best luck to LAFD - thanks God they are not on strike ) but im just wondering if the ashed willl make damage to the paint if it stays too long? never been in this situation in my life....

my concern goes to those who lives in san bernadino/ventura county... hope yall doin fine there during this unfortunate disaster....

Last edited by ikankoi; 10-26-03 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-26-03, 05:11 PM
whitelotus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't think so... I've never had a problem with ashes doing anything to my paint... just dusted it off with the Cali duster a minute ago since the ash isn't too bad where I am... but then again, with a nice new coat of carnauba wax, nothing sticks anyway.

Good luck and stay safe driving out there... roads are crazy right now.

(Edit: Okay, that has bugged me since I posted... a couple of people have since told me that ash and soot can damage your paint...but I've NEVER had issues with it. If it's really covered, I can't imagine leaving it on there could be good for it. Okay, I feel better and less liable for any paint damage. )

Last edited by whitelotus; 10-28-03 at 02:25 PM.