Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

2023 Lexus IS350 Subwoofer Replacement Project

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-23, 10:51 AM
ljerr2
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Factory amp is behind the passenger rear wheel in the cubby below the trunk floor. Just FYI that the wires are aluminum. I chose not to tap them because of that and made a specific harness to grab my signal.
Old 06-07-23, 01:50 PM
Lee3333
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ljerr2
Factory amp is behind the passenger rear wheel in the cubby below the trunk floor. Just FYI that the wires are aluminum. I chose not to tap them because of that and made a specific harness to grab my signal.
I would like to make such a harness myself.
Old 07-16-23, 06:53 PM
dakest
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm following this since I just got a 2023 IS 300 and want to upgrade the sound and keeping it OEM looking.
Can you post some part numbers for the speaker harness and maybe an update on sound?

Thanks
Old 07-20-23, 01:32 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 811 Likes on 410 Posts

Really cool you went through with this and completed it.

Only piece of advice I can throw your way is to work on your soldering a little bit. A lot of the joints you posted were either dry and didn't have enough solder or/and were cold soldered. Id also recommend marine grade heat shrink next time, the kind with an adhesive sealant on the inside to prevent ingress of moisture.

Everything else is absolutely solid!
Old 09-05-23, 06:37 PM
TheKidLX
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would this work on a 2020 Gen 3 Lexus IS300? I don't have the Mark Levinson variant so I can't find a plug and play replacement.
Old 10-05-23, 08:25 PM
09twofiddy
Driver

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKidLX
Would this work on a 2020 Gen 3 Lexus IS300? I don't have the Mark Levinson variant so I can't find a plug and play replacement.
Yes this should also work for your vehicle. You will have to do some custom work but nothing too big.
Old 10-09-23, 03:38 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Hi guys, I have an 23" IS as well and I want to do the subwoofer install like to use the factory sub frame method, can you guy shown me how to remove the rear deck to get access to the sub deck? Thanks
Old 10-10-23, 09:14 AM
dakest
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ohiois350
Hi guys, I have an 23" IS as well and I want to do the subwoofer install like to use the factory sub frame method, can you guy shown me how to remove the rear deck to get access to the sub deck? Thanks
There is a YouTube video on that, but I don't have the link,
It may be posted on this thread, I haven't started mine yet, it is a lot of work, I'm still trying to decide if maybe I should go with a 10" in the trunk instead.
Old 10-10-23, 11:15 AM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by dakest
There is a YouTube video on that, but I don't have the link,
It may be posted on this thread, I haven't started mine yet, it is a lot of work, I'm still trying to decide if maybe I should go with a 10" in the trunk instead.
yeah I checked on YouTube but only see the factory sub remove from a 2nd gen Is not the new one like we have
Old 01-09-24, 06:03 PM
uakozak
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=ljerr2;11478836]Started Saturday........hope to finish it up today. Took some pics yesterday along the way.

​​​​@ljerr2 great install man! Realize this is an older thread but hopefully you're still around somewhere.. I have upgraded all my speakers and installed an 8 inch sub in the factory location on my 21 IS350. I used a bracket from a Toyota Highlander which is an 8".. it wasnt as clean as your install but its in there tight with zero movement and plenty dynamat around. Looks pretty factory with everything put back. Now the sub I got is pretty low rated, 300 watts but the stock amp is still not able to really push it that well. Looking to pick up this tiny small mono amp that I found for $50 which puts out around 300 peak with an LOC. I was going to tap the subwoofer/metra harness directly to get my LOC in place, as far as the speaker wire goes and then tap into 12v+ somewhere on the amp for the remote (unless cigarette lighter route is easy to get to?) My question is where do I get this harness below? And with that harness, assuming you wouldn't have to tap into the subwoofer wiring at all? I was going to tap into the subwoofer wire/metra connector by the actual sub location not by the amp unless that wouldnt work for some reason? Hopefully what I am asking makes sense. Thanks in advance and again awesome work on this project

My intercept harness to tap my speaker signal
Old 01-09-24, 06:30 PM
ljerr2
Driver

[QUOTE=uakozak;11646901]
Started Saturday........hope to finish it up today. Took some pics yesterday along the way.

​​​​@ljerr2 great install man! Realize this is an older thread but hopefully you're still around somewhere.. I have upgraded all my speakers and installed an 8 inch sub in the factory location on my 21 IS350. I used a bracket from a Toyota Highlander which is an 8".. it wasnt as clean as your install but its in there tight with zero movement and plenty dynamat around. Looks pretty factory with everything put back. Now the sub I got is pretty low rated, 300 watts but the stock amp is still not able to really push it that well. Looking to pick up this tiny small mono amp that I found for $50 which puts out around 300 peak with an LOC. I was going to tap the subwoofer/metra harness directly to get my LOC in place, as far as the speaker wire goes and then tap into 12v+ somewhere on the amp for the remote (unless cigarette lighter route is easy to get to?) My question is where do I get this harness below? And with that harness, assuming you wouldn't have to tap into the subwoofer wiring at all? I was going to tap into the subwoofer wire/metra connector by the actual sub location not by the amp unless that wouldnt work for some reason? Hopefully what I am asking makes sense. Thanks in advance and again awesome work on this project

My intercept harness to tap my speaker signal
Yeah I'm still lurking about! Shoot me a DM if you want to.
Old 01-29-24, 03:45 PM
Bee305
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

was wondering where the stock plug for the sub would be. can it be accessed from the trunk on the underside?
Old 01-29-24, 03:51 PM
ljerr2
Driver

Originally Posted by Bee305
was wondering where the stock plug for the sub would be. can it be accessed from the trunk on the underside?
No, it is on the topside of the rear deck.
The following users liked this post:
Bee305 (01-29-24)
Old 01-29-24, 04:08 PM
Bee305
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, it is on the topside of the rear deck.
Guessin no way to unplug it without taking the whole thing apart?
Old 01-29-24, 04:33 PM
ljerr2
Driver

Originally Posted by Bee305
Guessin no way to unplug it without taking the whole thing apart?
Unfortunately, no. But you can grab signal at the factory amp if that's what you're after.

Quick Reply: 2023 Lexus IS350 Subwoofer Replacement Project