Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

My 3IS 250 F-Sport Daily

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-23, 08:07 PM
sunamer
Advanced

Received 181 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowlaneAZ
Quite the write up. I can't even keep track of my fuel fill ups.
I snap a picture of a gas pump with the price and how much was put in, and one more picture with the dashboard ODO reading.
I used to use fuelly for that, but now I simply store the info. I can get back to it later if I need to.
Old 11-13-23, 09:00 PM
ScytheDC
Intermediate

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by sunamer
I snap a picture of a gas pump with the price and how much was put in, and one more picture with the dashboard ODO reading.
I used to use fuelly for that, but now I simply store the info. I can get back to it later if I need to.
This is so bizarre
Old 11-13-23, 09:05 PM
sunamer
Advanced

Originally Posted by ScytheDC
This is so bizarre
Why would you think it is bizarre to attempt to preserve that info?
Literally takes just 10 seconds. But now I have 5 years of uninterrupted stats on how my car is doing mpg wise and how many miles it went with weekly points.
I also have uninterrupted sequence of gas prices, by extension.
Old 11-14-23, 07:50 AM
ScytheDC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sunamer
Why would you think it is bizarre to attempt to preserve that info?
Literally takes just 10 seconds. But now I have 5 years of uninterrupted stats on how my car is doing mpg wise and how many miles it went with weekly points.
I also have uninterrupted sequence of gas prices, by extension.
I just don’t see how taking the time to collect that kind of data and then processing it will have any impact on your life. What’s your goal?
Old 11-14-23, 08:21 AM
sunamer
Advanced

Originally Posted by ScytheDC
I just don’t see how taking the time to collect that kind of data and then processing it will have any impact on your life. What’s your goal?
It is mostly for being prepared/aware + satisfy my curiosity.

Ex:
Lower mpg? Where did it start? How long has this being going on, etc?
All of that can easily be answered. Since the mpg is fairly consistent for a given fuel type + type of driving + tires, any significant drop (by more than 1-2 mpg on average) would indicate some sort of issue either with the fuel or with the engine/fuel system.

It also covers some rare but unfortunate things like ****ty fuel damaging your car.
Suing becomes much easier if you have "the receipts".. literally, in this case.
The following users liked this post:
arentz07 (11-16-23)
Old 12-19-23, 04:09 PM
iamroddy
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Rotated tires, new cabin filter, new wiper blades. It has been two months now, with no CEL/P0420 code. Nice.
While the wheels were off, I quickly wiped the dirt/dust off the inside of each wheel, and that took care of a slight vibration I'd picked up at 65+ mph.
~122,800 km/76,300 mi
Old 01-26-24, 07:21 PM
iamroddy
Rookie

125,000 km/77.700 mi
Picked up some oil and a filter today...Liqui Moly (Molygen) 0W20, and Toyota A3 filter. I'm hoping to get the time to do an oil change this weekend.
The right headlight has developed a condensation issue...will try to tend to that as well.
Old 01-28-24, 05:51 PM
iamroddy
Rookie

Oil and filter done. That oil is bright GREEN.
No visible cracks on/around the headlight. A better look will require pulling the bumper cover...sounds like a springtime job. For now, I pulled the bulb out (single D1S on the F-sport 250), and gently heated the housing with a heat gun on low. About a half hour of slow passes ~6" away from the surface removed all the condensation. I will keep an eye on it to see where/when it comes back.
Old 02-04-24, 06:17 AM
iamroddy
Rookie

I miss-stated the bulb above...it is a D4S. Some of the condensation came back when I pulled the car out into the cold. It seems that I did not get the internals warm enough, so I'm trying again. This time, I'm using a hair drier, and heating/blowing from the inside out, rather than from the outside in. I had to remove the air cleaner housing to get the bulb all the way out and replace the o-ring seal. I should get better results this time.
I've also drained the transmission pan again. If I have time today, I will drop the pan and see if I can do the line pressure adjustment shown here in the forums.
Old 02-04-24, 08:11 PM
iamroddy
Rookie

Did the line pressure adjustment...it was at position 2, now at the third (highest) setting. I got about 4.7 litres of fluid out of the transmission. The pan is back on...just have to fill it up, put that pain in the **** exhaust bracket back on, and test drive.
Old 02-04-24, 10:09 PM
sunamer
Advanced

Originally Posted by iamroddy
Did the line pressure adjustment...it was at position 2, now at the third (highest) setting. I got about 4.7 litres of fluid out of the transmission. The pan is back on...just have to fill it up, put that pain in the **** exhaust bracket back on, and test drive.
How did you adjust line pressure and what does it affect?
Old 02-05-24, 05:14 PM
iamroddy
Rookie

There are several threads here on the forums with general info/procedures on the subject.
Here's one... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...which-way.html

First impression...it does make a difference in the shift feel. It's not night-and-day, but part throttle shifts do feel a little quicker/more firm. I need more seat time in town to get a feel for it.
Old 03-30-24, 07:27 PM
iamroddy
Rookie

129,288 km...Wash, vacuum, Install fair-weather wheels/tires, and inspect brakes.
Old 03-31-24, 09:07 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Received 141 Likes on 118 Posts

How is this thread still open :/

You could write all this in a Google Docs and spare the rest of us of when you wash/clean your car...
Old 04-02-24, 07:14 AM
ScytheDC
Intermediate

Agreed… lol at least start posting some pics of your work, car, and products

Quick Reply: My 3IS 250 F-Sport Daily