Here is my 2021 RC350 AWD F Sport in Caviar Black:

I'm a huge fan of the 2019+ facelift.

Current Mods:
RR Racing Road & Track R2 Coilovers
RR Racing Street USRS LCA Bushing
F-Sport Performance Exhaust
RC F Aluminum Shift Paddles
RC F Puddle Lights
Uniden R8 Radar Detector (Mirror tap + Blendmount)
Spacers: 20mm Front, 25mm Rear

The following users liked this post:
slickster9901 (05-19-24)
Old 12-24-23, 07:18 AM
PeteinPA
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Car looks great. Question on the exhaust did you also have to change the diffuser? I have a 2023 and was under the impression that if you go with the Fsport exhaust you need to change the diffuser as well.
ma3o (12-24-23)
Old 12-24-23, 11:02 AM
ma3o
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default My thoughts/review on the coilovers and USRS LCA Bushing:

After having both the coilovers and USRS LCA Bushings installed at RR Racing in Pennsylvania about six months ago, I've had plenty of time to appreciate their pros and cons.
Before the coilovers, the car felt severely under sprung and underdamped, even in Sport Plus mode. This meant the ride comfort was great, but the car would roll all over the place and dive hard during braking. This was especially noticeable on track, and felt like you were fighting the car through every corner:

Stock suspension on track: body roll galore

At RR Racing

First, the pros:
- Body roll is basically gone: The car handles flat and responds much quicker to steering inputs. The car doesn't wallow through high speed turns anymore, the dampers do a good job of keeping the car composed during mid corner bumps.
- Steering feel: Driving along at city speeds I didn't notice a huge difference in steering feel, but when driving at highway speeds or closer to the limit you can definitely feel more of what the front tires are doing. The steering felt completely disconnected before. I had both the RR Racing coilovers and USRS installed at the same time, so I'm not sure which one of these made more of an impact. Also the USRS solving the inner tire wear issue is a great bonus
- Adjustability: There are 24 clicks of adjustment on the dampers, and every click makes a difference. You really can adjust them for comfort, or sport/track duty. Not something that can be said about the stock "Adaptive Variable Suspension".
- Lowering: the car sits at the perfect height for me now, but if I ever want to go lower I have the option to. One side effect of fixing the monster truck front gap was that the wind noise and turbulence at triple digit speeds was massively reduced.

The cons:
The aggressive 16k front and 14k rear spring rates make the car rough over broken pavement, especially at low speeds. RR Racing does offer softer spring rates but I wanted max performance. Lol.
However, the offsets of the stock wheels are super conservative, allowing for a 20mm front and 25mm rear spacer to be added. After the installation of the spacers, the car changed completely. The suspension felt far more compliant and almost as comfortable as stock. From what I understand, the addition of the spacers increased the wheels' leverage on the suspension, lowering the effective spring rate. This could be completely wrong, but the difference was so night and day that it was the only theory I could come up with. I assume the same thing will occur when I add wheels with a more aggressive offset, which I plan to do in the future (Apex EC-7 18x9.5 +35).

Old 12-24-23, 11:08 AM
ma3o
Rookie

Originally Posted by PeteinPA
Car looks great. Question on the exhaust did you also have to change the diffuser? I have a 2023 and was under the impression that if you go with the Fsport exhaust you need to change the diffuser as well.
You don't need to change the diffuser, the F-Sport Axleback will fit without any mods. There is no matching diffuser for the 2019+ models, so you just have the round tip in the stock triangle-ish shaped exhaust outlets. Looks a little bit funny, but I like that you can see the stainless mufflers from the back.
65GTO (07-27-24)
Old 12-25-23, 04:22 AM
B14CK1iN3
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ma3o
You don't need to change the diffuser, the F-Sport Axleback will fit without any mods. There is no matching diffuser for the 2019+ models, so you just have the round tip in the stock triangle-ish shaped exhaust outlets. Looks a little bit funny, but I like that you can see the stainless mufflers from the back.
There IS a diffuser made by TRD which can be bought together with the OEM F Sport exhaust or separately if your RC has the single tip F Sport exhaust. It is the only diffuser that I’m aware of for the 2019+ models.
Old 12-25-23, 01:40 PM
ma3o
Rookie

Originally Posted by B14CK1iN3
There IS a diffuser made by TRD which can be bought together with the OEM F Sport exhaust or separately if your RC has the single tip F Sport exhaust. It is the only diffuser that I’m aware of for the 2019+ models.
Yep there is a 2019+ TRD diffuser for $2,000, but it still looks like it works better with dual exhaust

the pre-facelift f sport diffuser is $100 (PTR54-24150) so I might get one and cut up the exhaust surround and stick it on the stock bumper insert.
Old 01-23-24, 04:24 PM
raspresso
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Build looks great! I just got these coils installed on my RC350 AWD -- but have been dealing with some very subtle clunking/clicking sounds coming from the rear ever since installing. Have taken it back to the shop that installed them several times to check that everything is bolted down to torque specs, etc -- but haven't been able to figure out where the noise is coming from. I'm wondering -- do you deal with any noise at all? Mine is only noticeable at low speeds, because it is so subtle, once youre at speed you cant hear the noise over the road/wind/exhaust noise.

Thanks!
Old 01-23-24, 04:50 PM
ma3o
Rookie

Originally Posted by raspresso
Build looks great! I just got these coils installed on my RC350 AWD -- but have been dealing with some very subtle clunking/clicking sounds coming from the rear ever since installing. Have taken it back to the shop that installed them several times to check that everything is bolted down to torque specs, etc -- but haven't been able to figure out where the noise is coming from. I'm wondering -- do you deal with any noise at all? Mine is only noticeable at low speeds, because it is so subtle, once youre at speed you cant hear the noise over the road/wind/exhaust noise.

Thanks!
I’ve recently noticed some sound at low speeds too, wasn’t there when it was first installed. If everything is torqued then I’m not sure, maybe the coil is rubbing against the fender liner? Sway bar end links? If you find a solution please let me know
Old 01-31-24, 11:04 AM
TheHummus
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The build looks awesome ma3o! Quick question on the exhaust, do you happen to know the part number for the FSport exhaust you installed on the RC? I know there is an FSport exhaust for both the IS and the pre facelift RC, and I believe they are slightly different, as the part numbers are different, if I’m remembering correctly. Just curious if you got the exhaust meant for the IS or pre face lift RC installed on your 2021 RC.

Old 05-01-24, 03:01 PM
ma3o
Rookie

Originally Posted by TheHummus
The build looks awesome ma3o! Quick question on the exhaust, do you happen to know the part number for the FSport exhaust you installed on the RC? I know there is an FSport exhaust for both the IS and the pre facelift RC, and I believe they are slightly different, as the part numbers are different, if I’m remembering correctly. Just curious if you got the exhaust meant for the IS or pre face lift RC installed on your 2021 RC.
I don't recall the exact part number, but I ordered the exhaust after they had discontinued the RC350 specific pt#. The parts guy seemed pretty sure they were the same exhaust
Old 05-01-24, 03:33 PM
RA051724
Pit Crew

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Gawjus mate! Luv it.
Old 05-10-24, 08:45 PM
ma3o
Rookie

Default New wheels, staggered fitment

Ordered some new wheels, track edition/bbs inspired. 19x8.5, 19x10. I’ll post updates when they arrive.
Old 05-21-24, 11:10 AM
ma3o
Rookie

Default Wheels shipped

Thought I’d share a pic from the factory, painted and ready to be shipped

Old 05-31-24, 12:56 PM
blackbond
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ma3o
Thought I’d share a pic from the factory, painted and ready to be shipped
cant wait to see these installed. where did you get them?
Old 07-12-24, 10:13 AM
ma3o
Rookie

Default Baby track edition

LexusRC805 (07-26-24)

Quick Reply: ma3o's 2021 RC350 AWD F Sport Build