Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

Solution for No Sound from Radio - 2003 LS 430

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-24, 10:44 AM
Pbtay
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solution for No Sound from Radio - 2003 LS 430

I replaced the OEM radio and CD player with a Pioneer touchscreen radio at Best Buy. Initially worked great. When my battery went bad and a new battery was installed, the radio display worked but there was no sound from speakers.

All fuses checked and were fine. Initial diagnosis - a dead amplifier. Amp is in the trunk in a hard to reach spot between the right fender and wall of trunk. Youtube videos show how to remove.

Ordered a used amp on eBay (about $130 USD). Took to Best Buy Car Audio shop.

Technician could not get new amp to work. He told me he didn't think it would do any good but he removed the "brain" a small rectangular box containing circuits that is behind the dash and connects the radio to the car. He had a replacement one and installed it and the sound returned. My original amplifier works. It was the "brain" object that needed to be replaced.

If your Lexus speakers stop working, before removing or replacing the amp, have a technician try replacing the "brain" unit in the dash to see if that fixes the problem.

From the Best Buy receipt the "brain" part is called - PAC - Radio replacement and steering wheel control interface for Select Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Vehicles Black/Blue, Model No.RP4.2-TY11, SKU4972400.

Price for the part was $159.99 plus $11.20 sales tax.

I hope this helps others.
Attached Files