Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3GS owner vehicles

My 07 GS350 Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-24 | 10:38 PM
SDGSGUY
Driver School Candidate

Default My 07 GS350 Build

Just wanted to show off my build so far. I would describe my mods as OEM+ type build. I知 happy with my progress so far, and I知 very close to being done. I知 the second owner and bought it at 65k miles earlier this year. I need to get some body work (curb rash on the bumpers) done to the car, so no pics of the outside yet. My next project is to add OEM park assist. A project for the back burner is to add dynamic cruise control.

Current mods done so far:

-Replaced all incandescent bulbs with LED (super easy since most of the bulbs were LED anyway)

-2IS steering wheel with paddle shifters

-2IS chrome shifter ****

-Prius start button (for white backlighting) with red TRD style button

-Replaced all base speakers with aftermarket JBL speakers. I used OEM Mark Levinson speakers for the corner dash speakers

-Replaced the OEM Pioneer amp with a OEM Toyota JBL amp from a Sienna/Avalon

-Installed Grom Vline2 for Apple CarPlay

-Fsport pedals

-2010/2011 style auto dimming mirror

Last edited by SDGSGUY; 09-21-24 at 10:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Oro (09-21-24)
Old 09-21-24 | 10:54 PM
Oro
Pole Position

This sounds cool. Going to look forward to following this.

I am doing a mid-life refurbishment on an 09 awd right now - I bought it from a family member when it hit the point it needed brakes/shocks/axles, some exterior cosmetic work, etc. It should be quite nice when I’m done - and I’m looking at finding small improvements to make. It sounds like you know what you are doing.

2IS steering wheel with paddle shifters
Are they functional? Because that would be neat. I do not like the stick auto-manual function. I was driving a 23 ES UL hard a week ago and liked the paddles.

These mods you are doing should make your car really quite neat.
Old 09-21-24 | 11:00 PM
SDGSGUY
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Oro
Are they functional? Because that would be neat. I do not like the stick auto-manual function. I was driving a 23 ES UL hard a week ago and liked the paddles.
Yes, the paddle shifters are functional. I followed another thread on CL to wire them. Rather than splice into the existing shifter cables, I went to my local salvage yard and acquired a male and female connector for the shifter assembly and basically extended the existing harness in my car. If you池e not happy with shifting in sport mode with the shift ****, you probably won稚 want to install the paddle shifters.
Old 09-21-24 | 11:05 PM
Oro
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SDGSGUY
Yes, the paddle shifters are functional. I followed another thread on CL to wire them. Rather than splice into the existing shifter cables, I went to my local salvage yard and acquired a male and female connector for the shifter assembly and basically extended the existing harness in my car. If you池e not happy with shifting in sport mode with the shift ****, you probably won稚 want to install the paddle shifters.
Got it. I just found this old thread, probably what you referenced.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...t-on-3-gs.html

Interesting and I知 going to study it. I see the point re: it won稚 do any more wrt performance and shift logic than the existing shifter.
Old 09-21-24 | 11:09 PM
SDGSGUY
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Oro
Got it. I just found this old thread, probably what you referenced.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...t-on-3-gs.html

Interesting and I知 going to study it. I see the point re: it won稚 do any more wrt performance and shift logic than the existing shifter.
Yep. That痴 the one. But I found that the shifter cables are extremely thin and difficult to tap into. I didn稚 want to cut them either, so that痴 why I extended the harness. An interesting thing about the 2IS steering wheel is that it痴 0.5 inches smaller in diameter overall. I actually prefer it over the original one.
Old 09-22-24 | 12:40 AM
Oro
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SDGSGUY
Yep. That痴 the one. But I found that the shifter cables are extremely thin and difficult to tap into. I didn稚 want to cut them either, so that痴 why I extended the harness. An interesting thing about the 2IS steering wheel is that it痴 0.5 inches smaller in diameter overall. I actually prefer it over the original one.
I actually thought it looked a little smaller. Which agreed, is not a bad thing on this car. I LOVE the wood wheel, but a slightly smaller diameter would be desirable. I致e got to give this some thought. I have a bunch of work still to do, but I知 putting this down on the spreadsheet/punch list to investigate more in the future.

Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
SDGSGUY (09-22-24)
Old 10-17-24 | 07:10 AM
SDGSGUY
Driver School Candidate

Installed lighted door sills. Got a really good deal on these, so I couldn稚 pass them up.