Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My '97 SC 300 6spd (updated pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-04, 06:16 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by sc300tt
Lol....The S in SW stands for Sriyantha. Saad is one of the evil Supra owners from AZ and one of SW's bitter rivals.
Doh. Guess my head grew to AZ proportions.

Chris
Old 03-09-04, 08:48 AM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I couldnt even read this whole thread. I got stuck on the first page. A M A Z I N G. + your other cars...
Old 03-09-04, 11:30 AM
AzLex
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by sc300tt
Lol....The S in SW stands for Sriyantha. Saad is one of the evil Supra owners from AZ and one of SW's bitter rivals.
AZ still has the fastest supras around.
Old 03-09-04, 01:28 PM
SupraBlur
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: Hands down

Originally posted by Anthracite SC
Hands down...I think SW(clint's former) car...the blk/blk SC300 is the best SC lb for lb..I've ever seen....bar none. I can't think of any other car in this forum that comes close.

I know there's a couple that are faster (barely)..but nothing this clean and classic looking w/that kind of sleeper power
How do you know how fast it is? As far as I know, nobody even knows anything about the engine. I think the tuning philosophies on this forum so far are a lot like the ones on Supraforums, which seems to be focused mostly on drag racing and dyno queens. I don't think the engine I'm using will be received very well. I'll post it as soon as I find a good shell to put it in.

-Ray
Old 03-09-04, 01:43 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Supra Blur, remember different strokes for different folks, since this is Lexus forum, perhaps alot of us lean towards the clean exterior and sleeper look, with enhanced performance without adverse side effects (to the best of their ability).

There is nothing wrong with a RAW Supra, its a beautiful thing, but a few of your posts have a condescending edge to them. Since you are a new member, why not hang out and get to know some folks before you pass judgement, you never know, you may make some new friends.
Old 03-09-04, 02:04 PM
SupraBlur
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Supra Blur, remember different strokes for different folks, since this is Lexus forum, perhaps alot of us lean towards the clean exterior and sleeper look, with enhanced performance without adverse side effects (to the best of their ability).

There is nothing wrong with a RAW Supra, its a beautiful thing, but a few of your posts have a condescending edge to them. Since you are a new member, why not hang out and get to know some folks before you pass judgement, you never know, you may make some new friends.
I'm definitely on that same train of thought. I appreciate a clean look, and the 97+ stock appearance is timeless. I apologize for a somewhat rash impression.

My thoughts are that the 2JZ-GTE just simply doesn't belong in the SC. It's a brute force engine that's anything but luxurious in power delivery, and probably the closest thing to the "raw" vehicle you are describing. In my opinion, the 1JZ-GTE is the right motor for the SC (hence the Soarer 2.5GT-T). The power is much more linear and smoother, even with upgraded twins, and is as limitless as its 3.0L brother. The attributes of the 1JZ are almost the same as the Nissan RB26DETT... wouldn't it be nice to have the SC300 accelerate smoothly like a Skyline instead of like a Buick Grand National?

On topic though, I wasn't trying to say anything bad about SW's car, I just think that a lot of members like ACleanSC4, MrJohnTan, and nextlevelcoupe have achieved an equal amount of show worthiness and I couldn't figure out what singled out SW's from the pack.

-Ray

Last edited by SupraBlur; 03-09-04 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-09-04, 02:07 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default WHY...

It's because SW's car is my own personal favorite for keeping a near stock apperance and producing that kind of power. It's the best of both worlds.

The other cars have good looks aesthetically and some on the power but none in the same combination w/that kind of performance.
Old 03-09-04, 07:07 PM
Streetking
Driver

Default here we go again

Originally posted by AzLex
AZ still has the fastest supras around.
Please don't bring this over to this board too. Ryan Woon does have the quickest Supra 9.6 vs my 9.8, but not the fastest. No AZ street Supra has run faster than my 154mph in my '95 I did almost three years ago!!

SW
Old 03-09-04, 07:11 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by SupraBlur
I'm definitely on that same train of thought. I appreciate a clean look, and the 97+ stock appearance is timeless. I apologize for a somewhat rash impression.

On topic though, I wasn't trying to say anything bad about SW's car, I just think that a lot of members like ACleanSC4, MrJohnTan, and nextlevelcoupe have achieved an equal amount of show worthiness and I couldn't figure out what singled out SW's from the pack.

-Ray
I hear ya man, its cool looking forward to your project!
Old 03-09-04, 07:41 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default Hey SW

Do you think your SC300 can approach your supra's 9.8 time?

What happened to that supra anywayz?
Old 03-10-04, 05:29 AM
Streetking
Driver

Default Re: Hey SW

Do you think your SC300 can approach your supra's 9.8 time?

What happened to that supra anywayz?
I don't think the SC will be as fast, it's heavier, has smaller turbo and no NOS. I still have that Supra, it's for sale now.

SW
Old 03-10-04, 09:53 AM
SupraBlur
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: Re: Hey SW

Originally posted by Streetking
I don't think the SC will be as fast, it's heavier, has smaller turbo and no NOS. I still have that Supra, it's for sale now.

SW
What turbo did you decide to go with for the SC?

-Ray
Old 03-10-04, 09:54 AM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default yeah

Last I saw...Clint had an RPS T76 turbo with a 100shot of NOS to start that sucker up in low RPMs...I thought that turbo was bigger than the turbo in ur supra? Did you take that out?
Old 03-11-04, 03:01 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Default Flip Flop and drop, foo!

Originally posted by SupraBlur
How do you know how fast it is? As far as I know, nobody even knows anything about the engine.

-Ray
I think everyone is guessing, based on what USED to be in the car, SW's taste in cars and power, and the it MUST be fast since he won't give us any details on it.

Last I saw...Clint had an RPS T76 turbo with a 100shot of NOS to start that sucker up in low RPMs...I thought that turbo was bigger than the turbo in ur supra? Did you take that out?
Originally posted by StreetKing
Thanks for the comments, I will fill you in on the motor & driveline mods in a few weeks, I have a event coming up and want it to be a suprise.....

SW
I don't think he's gonna tell us the wattage of his hairdryer. (lol)
Old 03-11-04, 03:50 PM
Ikrshinji
Rookie

whew... just skimmed through the posts for this very long thread. I just have to give props to such a nice looking SC. It looks very very sexy with the performance specs to match the aesthetics. I am drooling as I am writing this.

Great Car

Quick Reply: My '97 SC 300 6spd (updated pics)