Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My '97 SC 300 6spd (updated pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-04, 03:56 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by SupraBlur
The SC300 posted here looks really awesome, but I'm trying to understand why everybody is bowing down to it. I'm about to buy my SC300, so please excuse the ignorance of this statement, but it looks like you could duplicate that look fairly easily, am I wrong?
First off remember this, its very easy to reduce someone else's car to "just a little this" or "just a couple of that", but when it comes time to replicate that car, things change.

I'll address your comments individually:

You could take a clean black SC with 97 bumper and taillights
The car is black and black, and as a former SC shopper finding a 97 blk/blk stick is like finding Tupac and Elvis performing at the local Walmart. Finding one, and swapping in a 6spd is plain old crazy! Also the paint is in immaculate condition and there seem to be no mis-matched paint on the panels, etc etc. Another rare quality in a 7 year old car

throw on nice 19's with a good offset
Although those wheels look really plain ( I like the simple look), I would bet they cost in the area of 800-1100 each without tires. So getting some 19s with a good offset, is not all thats too it, getting custom width, finish, offset, backspacing, etc etc is not as easy as you think. Try going to the local 'rim spot' and duplicating this look for 2k and you will see what I mean

customize the exhaust, tint it --- wouldn't you have the same appearance?
Once again that exhaust is a custom set-up, and based on the power the vehicle is most likely going to be putting down, I'm almost sure the local Muffler King did not perform it!!

Trust me, if you post your 97 SC and it looks like this, everyone will drool over yours as well!!!! Always remember, the marque of any great thing, is the amount of ease it APPEARS to be accomplished with!!

Sorry man didnt mean to jump on ya, but its a pet peeve of mine when someone hits me with the "oh he just got some rims, thats it", when I have lots of other detail work in my car!

Good luck with your SC and I hope it looks just like this only in the Bordeaux Red Pearl!!! (on of my fav SC colors )
Old 03-08-04, 07:26 AM
AzLex
Lead Lap

19 inch CCW wheels are pretty cheap they are ~$2200. Also the offset is easy just call ccw speak with john and tell him you want the same wheels SW has. He will look up the info on the computer and make the wheels.

The wheels are the easy part. If building a 97turbo SC was simple everyone here would have one.
Old 03-08-04, 08:11 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by AzLex
19 inch CCW wheels are pretty cheap they are ~$2200. Also the offset is easy just call ccw speak with john and tell him you want the same wheels SW has. He will look up the info on the computer and make the wheels.

The wheels are the easy part. If building a 97turbo SC was simple everyone here would have one.
More or less! I'm building '97 right now. Doing engine swap.

Chris
Old 03-08-04, 08:26 AM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

" Thanks for the comments, I will fill you in on the motor & driveline mods in a few weeks, I have a event coming up and want it to be a suprise.....

SW "

So I spy an FMIC?! (Sarcasim...)

...so what gives? Is the event over, or are you just teasing us? lol
Old 03-08-04, 09:06 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by AzLex
19 inch CCW wheels are pretty cheap they are ~2200.the computer and make the wheels.
Wow someone was trying to rob my buddy then, he called ant got a quote that was something like 950 per wheel!!! WOW that's really inexpensive for such nice wheels!
Old 03-08-04, 10:31 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SupraBlur
The SC300 posted here looks really awesome, but I'm trying to understand why everybody is bowing down to it.
-Ray
Actually I didn't break out my little bow down icon (which I try to use sparingly) until I saw the 550 Maranello and both of the Viper GTS. Anyone can appreciate a stable of cars like that.
Old 03-08-04, 10:36 AM
sniper
Lead Lap

Those rims are so hot its just silly i hope i can get a set like that down the road iv always loved that style and always will love it

Everything is perfect, i would not change a thing

Last edited by sniper; 03-09-04 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-08-04, 10:46 AM
AzLex
Lead Lap

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Wow someone was trying to rob my buddy then, he called ant got a quote that was something like 950 per wheel!!! WOW that's really inexpensive for such nice wheels!
Have your friend check supraforums I have seen a few sets over there for sale
Old 03-08-04, 12:08 PM
sc300tt
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by TurboB6
Clint has stuff forsale and hasn't emailed me yet
LOL. Right?

Originally posted by lex400sc
Either way, positive reinforcement for classy rides like this helps steer the impressionable members away from tasteless ricer mods.
Best post I've seen in a while.
Old 03-08-04, 06:42 PM
Streetking
Driver

Originally posted by RSTSpeed
" Thanks for the comments, I will fill you in on the motor & driveline mods in a few weeks, I have a event coming up and want it to be a suprise.....

SW "

So I spy an FMIC?! (Sarcasim...)

...so what gives? Is the event over, or are you just teasing us? lol
Not over yet, next week.

SW
Old 03-08-04, 07:09 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

SW, I'll look forward to meeting you aTX2k4 and getting to see the car in person. Just wish I was able to bring my sc300 down
We'll be trailering my buddies supra down, and it's only a one car trailer.

Chris
Old 03-08-04, 07:31 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default Hands down

Hands down...I think SW(clint's former) car...the blk/blk SC300 is the best SC lb for lb..I've ever seen....bar none. I can't think of any other car in this forum that comes close.

I know there's a couple that are faster (barely)..but nothing this clean and classic looking w/that kind of sleeper power
Old 03-08-04, 07:37 PM
Streetking
Driver

Default Re: Hands down

Originally posted by Anthracite SC
Hands down...I think SW(clint's former) car...the blk/blk SC300 is the best SC lb for lb..I've ever seen....bar none. I can't think of any other car in this forum that comes close.

I know there's a couple that are faster (barely)..but nothing this clean and classic looking w/that kind of sleeper power
Thanks for the compliment, but I haven't run my car yet.....

Btw, what is the quickest / fastest street SC so far?

SW
Old 03-08-04, 07:39 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Hands down

Originally posted by Anthracite SC

nuff said!
Old 03-08-04, 07:40 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default hmmmm

Others in the form could confirm higher times...but I think Ebanks who was running a T88 turbo up in the northeast was doing 1200hp..and was aiming in the 10s...
His(ebanks) car kept breaking from what I read......someone correct me if I'm wrong

SC300Turbo(Jeff) not sure if he sold the car yet..but years back I think he was in the 12s..
I don't know of any other turbo SCs putting up 12's or higher...

I think other cars might put out more hp..but again..if it breaks...it doesn't count.

Quick Reply: My '97 SC 300 6spd (updated pics)