IS300 TURBO project progress **many pics**

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-04, 03:15 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Beachtyme
Looking good, Anton.

We all know you are anxious (and sensitive...) to get your car back.

I am sure it will be worth the wait.
My name is MARC, please dont call me Anton anymore....Jeez

we'll see whar happens...words cant describe what i've gone through ....

Last edited by tsopranoMB; 10-20-04 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-20-04, 08:37 PM
Beachtyme
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Please change your username to MsopranoMB if that's the case.

Have you gotten a firm ETA on the work being completed?
Old 10-21-04, 10:00 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Beachtyme
Please change your username to MsopranoMB if that's the case.

Have you gotten a firm ETA on the work being completed?
it just ticks me off with the Anton business....and I did ask you before over on is300.net not to do that again and you did on here....thanks Beach

nope, nada, nuthin
Old 10-22-04, 09:34 AM
Unvme
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MArc. Glad to see you are still sane while going through the hellish wait. You will forget all this wait the moment you get in your car and boost it for the first time. The feeling of not being able to lift your head off the seat and watching the MPH gauge go faster than your RPMs is what keeps me going through the waits and problems. All worth it in the end. The longer Lance has your car the more reliable it will be and the safer it will be. Lance is a perfectionist and takes great pride with what he builds. If it takes a long time , you can keep at ease in your mind knowing that nothing is shortcutted and your car will come out SICK! Hit me up on AIM.
PS- We just had a couple days of cold weather here in Florida and the colder it gets the faster these damn cars go. I cannot stop driving my car, the gas station people know me by name now haha..
-Matt
Old 10-22-04, 03:19 PM
Choritsu-shi
Driver

Default Re: IS300 TURBO project progress **many pics**

Originally posted by tsopranoMB
for anyone curious....my car has been under the knife for quite sometime, in the trusty hands of Lance @ Toyomoto down in Miami, FL......
Understandably it's not as simple as "slapping on a turbo kit". Before seeing the pic's, I knew you were in good hands. After seeing those pic's, I am totally reassured that your wait will be well worth Lance's results.

oooh my gawd! I didn't realize he made a turbo exhaust manifold like that! I would have mistaken that as an actual HKS product. That is the best GE header design I have ever seen! Allow me to emphasize my enthusiasm...

He effectively and correctly makes use of the more responsive dual port flange design. ...putting 3 exhaust tubes per 1 port and 2 wastegate outet tubes. (1 outlet per 3 exhaust tubes) The exhaust tubes are very straight and long which produces tremendous velocity, resulting fast response, and tremendous amounts of power! The dual wastegate outlets will give you a much better ability to control the boost. You can't even compare it with those other GE headers that are being made here. ...don't even try.

As with products like HKS, it's sad that there are so very few, here in the states, that can and will ever, truly understand and appreciate the difference of real quality.

Sensei
Old 10-22-04, 03:43 PM
Unvme
Driver

Its such a great manifold that I spent $1800 on it , for it to crack 4 months later and be unfixable lol. Not saying that this will happen to Marc's . I had one of 2 prototype manifolds made by Lance when he first did the design. Mine unfortunately was the crappy one of the batch haha..Now I am running the Toymoto cast manifold and actually like it MUCH better. My 67 turbo spools MUCH faster and the car is alot quicker off the line and reaches the desired boost setting fast as hell. So in the end ,I am much happier. The funny thing is that the Cast is cheaper and anyone who has driven on both can note the extreme differences in driveability.
-Matt
Old 10-22-04, 08:25 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Unvme
Its such a great manifold that I spent $1800 on it , for it to crack 4 months later and be unfixable lol. Not saying that this will happen to Marc's . I had one of 2 prototype manifolds made by Lance when he first did the design. Mine unfortunately was the crappy one of the batch haha..Now I am running the Toymoto cast manifold and actually like it MUCH better. My 67 turbo spools MUCH faster and the car is alot quicker off the line and reaches the desired boost setting fast as hell. So in the end ,I am much happier. The funny thing is that the Cast is cheaper and anyone who has driven on both can note the extreme differences in driveability.
-Matt
Thanks for the insight Sensei.....

Matt, urs was a fluke...because Dan Taylor had the other prototype and drove the **** out of if, and it lasted him a long time on very high boost, abused and such....

i'll see what happens next year this time, perhaps I'll downgrade/upgrade to the cast manifold amongst other things I have for future plans...

we'll see what happens....
Old 10-23-04, 09:38 AM
Unvme
Driver

O I know it was a fluke..I stated that. I was mainly pointing out that I spent $1800 for something that I actually didnt like. The spool is longer..Yes the top end is great, But I am rarely doing hihg speed runs. The cast manifold is just all around better for street I feel. I mean there was a HUGE difference in performance. The car takes the ***** off now . It hit desired boost MUCH early and just rides it out. The tubular made the car feel lagy and it felt like it took a majority of the each gear to spool up..
You will enjoy it no matter what cause you have an Automatic. You only have the initial spool up then you just blaze and keep the gas mashed haha..
-Matt
Old 10-26-04, 04:09 PM
RTM3
Driver School Candidate

thanks..everything custom by TOYOMOTO http://www.toyomoto.com/is300.htm
Hey ma look! My car is on the internet! (the red one)

LOL

So your the owner of the car taking up Lance's space shop... LOL

jk your car is coming along well!

Rey
Old 10-26-04, 04:27 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by RTM3
Hey ma look! My car is on the internet! (the red one)

LOL

So your the owner of the car taking up Lance's space shop... LOL

jk your car is coming along well!

Rey
my car arrived at his shop on March 5th...its up Lance to finish it up and let me take it away from taking up space!!!! I've been ready for months now...

thanks Rey, I'm tsopranoMB on IS300.net as well....

I'd love to run you and that turbo M3 of yours.....great video of you and Randy making those runs!

I hope to pick mine really really soon......as soon as November 19th from what I've been told.....

Last edited by tsopranoMB; 10-26-04 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-26-04, 06:36 PM
RTM3
Driver School Candidate

my car arrived at his shop on March 5th...its up Lance to finish it up and let me take it away from taking up space!!!! I've been ready for months now...

thanks Rey, I'm tsopranoMB on IS300.net as well....

I'd love to run you and that turbo M3 of yours.....great video of you and Randy making those runs!

I hope to pick mine really really soon......as soon as November 19th from what I've been told.....
My M3 Turbo wouldnt be ready yet =*(. The motor is still being built. I wished my shoped worked quicker
as I requested them and it would've been done weeks ago. argh...

When you come down lemme know or Randy. We'll take you around MIami... cool?

Rey
Old 10-26-04, 06:38 PM
RTM3
Driver School Candidate

BTW I know its you, Randy told me specifically NOT to tell anything about your car at all costs!

LOL =)
Old 10-26-04, 06:45 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by RTM3
My M3 Turbo wouldnt be ready yet =*(. The motor is still being built. I wished my shoped worked quicker
as I requested them and it would've been done weeks ago. argh...

When you come down lemme know or Randy. We'll take you around MIami... cool?

Rey
cool Rey...if all goes as planned, I'll be there for the big meet weekend nov 19-20-21...
Old 10-27-04, 07:16 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

OCTOBER 27th UPDATE:

only things left are finishing the fuel system, dual walbro pumps, and oil lines for the turbo....and complete wiring for the haltech and should be running by first week of November according to what Lance told me tonight in an Email....

pics for those curious:

Last edited by tsopranoMB; 10-27-04 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-27-04, 09:06 PM
Unvme
Driver

WOW looks awesome marc..Only thing I hate is Lances new intake desing..Looks snakey..lol..But who cares bet you are PUMPED!
-Matt

Quick Reply: IS300 TURBO project progress **many pics**