Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC400TT Project Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-05, 01:23 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ooh ooh, pick me pick me... i know all about stage 2! hehehe

dont worry, i wont tell. cant wait to see what happens when its done. at least now you have the car back to finnish installing the other goodies that you have lying all over your house.
Old 09-18-05, 01:29 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You're up early Scott...You're one of the privileged few..Consider yourself trusted and blessed, a man of superlative character...

Yeah, those goodies are chomping at the bit to get installed and to start performing.

Ryan
Old 09-18-05, 03:23 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ryan,

Sorry to hear about the misfortune with the welder.
Good to see you are back on track again.
Hope too see and hear more about the car soon
Old 09-18-05, 11:43 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SC400T
You're up early Scott...
Ryan

nope, i was up late! i slept till 2pm!!
Old 09-19-05, 07:30 AM
FLex
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Good Luck!

Thanks for the update. I was beginning to wonder what was going on.
Old 09-19-05, 03:06 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default Unbelieveable!!!

A good and trustworthy buddy of mine went over to pick up the last remnants of my "stuff" that were still at the previous welder's shop. They were my second engine, and the whole stock exhaust. I own 2 cars and a SUV, but not a pick up, and my buddy has a pick up, so he graciously went over there on his day off to get my "stuff". Kudos to Chaz , my buddy...Beers and perfectly grilled steaks are waiting to please his culinary passions for helping me...

Would you believe this? The welder who took my money, dismantled my exhausts, and strung me along with lie after lie for 4 months, had the gall and audacity to start blaming me for the reason he did not finish my car... Yeah, really. Three to four weeks before I towed my car outta there, I had bought an engine for him to use as a jig because he blamed the looooong time that it took for him to build the headers on the fact that he had to build them with the engine still in the car. So, I took away that problem, found a used engine, and bought it at a local used auto parts dealer in town. While I was there waiting for them to locate the engine, I mentioned to the sales person that my only reason for doing this at that moment was because I paid a guy to do the welding on my project, and that he had my car for almost 4 months, and had basically done nothing. I found out that the salesman was this welder's friend, and the salesman told him what I said. The welder proceeded to tell my friend Chaz today, that one of the reasons he didn't finish my car was because I said what I did to the salesman. I never mentioned the welder's name to the salesman, nor the name of his shop, just my extreme disappointment in the welder for not working on my car...

The second reason...Because I was calling his wife at her work, and getting her in trouble. I did call his wife on her cell phone several times. This is true. Wanna know why? Because during the last month, he never answered his phone, never called me to inform me as to any work being done on my car at all, was never at his shop, did not inform me that he had picked up the engine (2 weeks after he was supposed to pick it up), did not inform me of the fact that he was 4 months overdue on his lease payments for his shop, etc, etc...I had no one else to call but her. They were even evicted 2 months ago for not paying rent for his mobile home, so no home number either...This is why I called his wife...she was my only link to him.

Anyway, if you live in Orlando, and are looking for a welding\fabrication shop to work on your car, I suggest you definitely do not have this man or his shop do it. I do not belive I have mentioned his name, or shop name. Send me PM's and I wil tell you who he is...

Ryan

Last edited by SC400T; 09-19-05 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-19-05, 03:46 PM
YZFR1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Sorry to hear about these past problems and continuing ones......... BUT...................... What are you going to do now

Do you have a place to actually do it?

You realize, many of us are eagerly awaiting Ryan

Dan
Old 09-19-05, 05:59 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by YZFR1
Sorry to hear about these past problems and continuing ones......... BUT...................... What are you going to do now

Do you have a place to actually do it?

You realize, many of us are eagerly awaiting Ryan

Dan
Well, if you read a couple of posts up in this thread, you would have seen that I have already found a new shop, and that work is commencing on my car. 30-45 days to completion...

Ryan
Old 09-19-05, 06:52 PM
chrisman
Driver

yeah,, keep us posted....id have gone down to florida personaly and kick that welders but--but im to busy.. if the next guy falls thru--we'll all kick his but.. ..maybe you should just turbocharge a honda--i hear you can buy all the parts you need at 7-11..
Old 09-19-05, 08:23 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chrisman
yeah,, keep us posted....id have gone down to florida personaly and kick that welders but--but im to busy.. if the next guy falls thru--we'll all kick his but.. ..maybe you should just turbocharge a honda--i hear you can buy all the parts you need at 7-11..
Yeah, I heard that too, Chris... I guess I could Turbo my Accord, then I could open the 7-11 Mod Garage for Rice and buy Hot Dogs and Big Gulps at the same time...

I can hardly wait to get it done...

Ryan
Old 09-20-05, 01:48 PM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chrisman
im gonna be away from my shop for a while,, but if ryans still havin to wait for progress--il go pick it up and do it myself--at the end of the summer.. il keep an eye on things via the net in the mean time..
Ryan Chris is back, and it's the end of the summer!
I say you make him drive down there!

I finally got on the site, and have now seen the pictures you keep taking about!

Car looks nice Ryan.

Hey Chris, If you give Ryan a hand with his car, try and make it fast, but just not as fast as mine!!!
LOL

Last edited by rdm20fan; 10-10-05 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-09-05, 08:45 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default Getting it back in the saddle

Well Folks, the headers are being made right now, and hoping to have them in my hands within the next week or two...The guy doing them is awesome, so, can't wait to see them, as I am confident in his abilities...

Guys, the design and install for the stereo was done by Marshall Woolford, aka MARS Audio. Great work, eh??? BTW, he lives in Orlando Florida, for any of you other guys that want great, custom work done...

In the mean time, since I have my car back in my garage, I went ahead and worked on the stereo with this expert installer that is a friend of mine. We re-did the pods, and recovered them in a much improved matching carpet, plus recovered that section of the door with the same material as well. Turned out fantastically well. Also, remade the rear plate for the amps, cap and the crossovers. Rewired them and connected them to power. Everything fired up, and the Stinger Cap is absolutely awesome...Blue LED numbers and series blinking blue LED's around the upper ring of the cap.

Still left to do...build the cover plate, the Sub box, and connect everything up front. Should be done next week.

What's exciting is that things are moving in the forward direction, and this car will hopefully be done by this Thanksgiving. Will keep you posted.

BTW, I need to delete some pics off my gallery because I am at my limit. Anybody know how to do this? I tried,, but no luck...

Thanks,

Ryan

Last edited by SC400T; 10-13-05 at 05:39 AM.
Old 10-09-05, 08:54 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

looking good! im picturing the cover for the amps and crossovers.... thats gonna look good. the pods look great too, although it would look better if the speaker grills were tan instead of black. gotta find a way to get rid or cover the factory grills in the doors too. other than that... its perfect. looks like a hell of a wiring nightmare back there withough the cover too.
Old 10-09-05, 08:54 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default additional pics

Here are some more...Notice the details in the wiring...placement of the wires, connections, and even the specialized clips used...Great attention to detail...

Ryan

Can't wait to get this done...

Ryan

Last edited by SC400T; 10-13-05 at 05:46 AM.
Old 10-10-05, 10:41 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Ryan the setup looks DAMN good so far. Those pods are sweet and the wiring out back is top notch. Should look sweet under that cover.

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car