Can't wait to see it finished.
Old 10-10-05 | 03:38 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Got alittle sidetracked here eh?
Old 10-10-05 | 03:46 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Yeah, that's what happens when you deal with a THIEF. A man of ZERO INTEGRITY. A man who takes your money and does not do the job...Yeah, I got sidetracked. But am back on course.

Ryan
Old 10-11-05 | 01:54 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default Engine Rebuild

My Custom Ross Forged Pistons and rings came in today, courtesy of TurboAndrew and Lextreme. These are part of my turbo project, as I am rebuilding the engine to handle the power I wish to attain...I have already decided that 500 HP is not enough, so, these pistons will lower compression to 8.5:1, perfect for boosting far beyond 6-8 lbs.

We partially took apart my second engine tonight...Got the heads off. The previous owner obviously did not change oil like I do, nor use synthetic like I do. Not a problem, the carbon build up will be cleaned up, and everything either honed, bored, polished, or ported. I will keep you posted with pics as soon as the heads and block are cleaned up a little...

Below are some pics of the Ross Pistons...A true work of Art...

Ryan

Old 10-11-05 | 06:38 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Very nice and u got a killer deal on it......... U are one of the truely lucky guys with the 1uzfe. Only a hand full of owners have forged pistons.

Last edited by Lextreme; 10-11-05 at 06:44 AM.
Old 10-11-05 | 07:39 AM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Very nice Ryan

BTW, I would scotch bright those sharp edges on the pistons around the dish and valve milling areas.
Old 10-12-05 | 09:33 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default Stereo almost complete!!!

Hello CL:

Things are continuing to progress very nicely...The heads are going to the shop, as well as the block this week. The stereo is working and almost completely finished...Still need to install the revised face plate tomorrow and the center console, but it is hooked up and sound is great, but the amps need tuning. Here are some pics of the completed trunk...Enjoy

Ryan

Last edited by SC400T; 10-12-05 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-13-05 | 09:28 AM
AURELIOMK3
Pole Position

Thumbs up

its looking good ryan your lexus is so clean can't wait to see it in action i will give you a call sometime need to get some knowlegde and info from you . good luck
Old 10-13-05 | 09:35 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

I hope it sounds as good as it looks
Old 10-13-05 | 10:20 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Richie
I hope it sounds as good as it looks

It sounds even better than it looks... Tuned the amps last night. Picked up the revised face plate for the center console....Looks fantastic. I will complete the install tonight, and post up the pics.

Ryan

Last edited by SC400T; 10-13-05 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-13-05 | 01:49 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Call me...or PM me.

Ryan

Originally Posted by AURELIOMK3
its looking good ryan your lexus is so clean can't wait to see it in action i will give you a call sometime need to get some knowlegde and info from you . good luck
Old 10-21-05 | 11:33 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default Stereo

Well, I still haven't gotten around to the final pics of the stereo. The other night, while installing the head unit, we blew a fuse. I did not know it at the time, but I was too busy with work, and decided not to mess with it until this weekend. It was the 7.5 amp fuse in the driver's kick panel. Replaced that, and the stereo and EDFC kicked right back on. Installing the head unit is more difficult than originally thought because there are so many more wires to deal with. In fact, I decided to remove the plastic harness collector that holds several of the electrical hernesses together. I still did not finish, had to take my Son to see Doom, the movie...good movie, we enjoyed it...

I will get the stereo completed tomorrow sometime. I will tell yhou all this...This stereo sounds absolutely awesome!!! I mean Kick a$$!!!! Clear and clean, pure sound, bass response is excellent with the new JL sub. The MB Quarts are crystal clear, no distortion, even at very high volumes... I am thoroughly satisfied with my stereo set up.

Now to get the turbo done!! I should have the headers back late next week, and Stage I gets done. WIll update you guys as I go...

Ryan
Old 11-02-05 | 09:05 AM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

HOTNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love the new look Ryan!
i know you've been telling me to look @ these pics for a while now, and now i see why.....
my time on cl has been somewhat limited as of late but, i see we've got some worthwhile projects (like this one) still alive and well....keep those pics coming man!!! i'll call you a little later partna'
Old 11-02-05 | 05:33 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Big Deron!!! Thanks for the props. I have worked long and hard on this stereo, and it is an integral part of my project. I am excited that the stereo is practically done, and that you like it. I always say that if it passes the "Deron Test", then you know you have done well and your work is clean...

Ryan

Originally Posted by nextlevelcoupe
HOTNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love the new look Ryan!
i know you've been telling me to look @ these pics for a while now, and now i see why.....
my time on cl has been somewhat limited as of late but, i see we've got some worthwhile projects (like this one) still alive and well....keep those pics coming man!!! i'll call you a little later partna'
Old 11-06-05 | 09:55 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default Head unit Face Plate

Hello gang:

Here are a few pics of the head unit. It is only a mock install, since I seem to have misplaced the bolts to hold the bracket in place. Sorry for the low quality pics, but it is late at night, and these are the best I can do for now. I will post up the finals after I get the bolts.

Also, I will have pics of the headers for you all within a few days. The heads for stage II are just about done as well.

Car should be done with Stage I Turbo by the end of this month. Stage II by the end of December. Will take lots of pics.

Ryan

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car