Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC400TT Project Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-06, 09:18 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kylessc400
hopefully you get it runnin how you want it......i haven't been keepin up with the posts....were you gonna make it a rear mount or were you gonna relocate the battery...etc.
Thanks, If you will go back through the thread, you will see the battery has been relocated...

Ryan
Old 01-17-06, 10:11 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Gang:

I have been out ill with a severe case of Bronchitis, Doc thought it was Pnuemonia, but just a very nasty bronchitis. Anyway, still recovering, but, I got word that the header and turbo have been attached on the passenger's side and work is being done on the driver's side . Just a minor update...

It sucks to get sick...

Ryan
Old 01-17-06, 01:29 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SC400T
Gang:

I have been out ill with a severe case of Bronchitis, Doc thought it was Pnuemonia, but just a very nasty bronchitis. Anyway, still recovering, but, I got word that the header and turbo have been attached on the passenger's side and work is being done on the driver's side . Just a minor update...

It sucks to get sick...

Ryan
Get well soon man!!!!
Old 01-17-06, 03:39 PM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just read through the entire thread, kudos to your patience and i hope the car turns out how you want it to!
Old 01-17-06, 05:01 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Well Gang, I stopped by and took some photos after my Doctor visit...Finally!!! A Turbo is attached to a header, which is attached to my engine. A ways to go, but progress is on...

Passenger side Header attached

Close up

Garrett GT2871R- Attached...

Another view

Close up

I will keep you updated as we FORGE AHEAD!!!

Ryan
Old 01-17-06, 05:20 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

finally some substantial progress!!! im getting excited for it to finaly be unleashed. cant wait.
Old 01-18-06, 07:56 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great man!!!
Can't wait for more updates
Old 01-19-06, 07:57 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2jznat
those pics may make being sick not as bad
Agreed!!!

Ryan
Old 01-19-06, 09:35 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Progress is what we live for. This is good news indeed!
Old 01-22-06, 07:37 PM
UpInTheLex
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I must have missed your switching turbo setups in following your thread as it has been sooo long. It must be frustrating for you I definately feel for you, but damn you're comming along and pretty soon you'll be away from header and plumbing headaches and into tuning headaches.

So your doing a Twin Turbo setup now instead of a single right? I like how you chose a turbo with integral wastegate as it is a major space saver of that Tial you had earlier. Definately high quality parts you've been going with. It's going to be an excellent example of what is possible with a little imagination and a lot of money.

Keep up the good work.

But I thought I'd add a little food for thought as the price tag for your buildup reaches 10,000 plus dollars... I still think the best permanent power adder for the sc on a budget is a m90 or m112 eaton blower. I think it's best for it's cost effictiveness and relative ease of installation. You can't boost a stock sc much over 6-7psi anyway and thats about all a little eaton blower is going to push out without blowing a ton of heat. I'd love to see one intercooled with the little blower all polished sticking out of the hood. Reminicent of an old 8-71 weiand with two 4's on a 69 camaro. I'd laugh my *** off....

But without question the best power adder for the Sc is a turbo setup. Just once you start getting into it it gets really expensive quick. Especially if you want to boost the car much over 7psi. You need to buy pistons and rods too for good measure. And while you're there you should do all the head work, and valve job on all 32 valves and replace all 4 cams and on and on and on. The price tag just escalates in a hurry.

Good luck with your project.
Old 01-23-06, 07:58 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UpInTheLex
I must have missed your switching turbo setups in following your thread as it has been sooo long. It must be frustrating for you I definately feel for you, but damn you're comming along and pretty soon you'll be away from header and plumbing headaches and into tuning headaches.

So your doing a Twin Turbo setup now instead of a single right? I like how you chose a turbo with integral wastegate as it is a major space saver of that Tial you had earlier. Definately high quality parts you've been going with. It's going to be an excellent example of what is possible with a little imagination and a lot of money.

Keep up the good work.

But I thought I'd add a little food for thought as the price tag for your buildup reaches 10,000 plus dollars... I still think the best permanent power adder for the sc on a budget is a m90 or m112 eaton blower. I think it's best for it's cost effictiveness and relative ease of installation. You can't boost a stock sc much over 6-7psi anyway and thats about all a little eaton blower is going to push out without blowing a ton of heat. I'd love to see one intercooled with the little blower all polished sticking out of the hood. Reminicent of an old 8-71 weiand with two 4's on a 69 camaro. I'd laugh my *** off....

But without question the best power adder for the Sc is a turbo setup. Just once you start getting into it it gets really expensive quick. Especially if you want to boost the car much over 7psi. You need to buy pistons and rods too for good measure. And while you're there you should do all the head work, and valve job on all 32 valves and replace all 4 cams and on and on and on. The price tag just escalates in a hurry.

Good luck with your project.
Thaks for the kudos... As I reach the $10,000 mark??? That is unfortunately blown away... Only bad thing about the project, as I like to hold onto my money or invest it into things that make me money...But what I am doing with this car is a passion, one of my passions...As I have said before, I have loved this car since I first saw one in 92. I knew I would have one some day, and I wanted it to be fast...since it is not fast enough, but everything else is where I always wanted it, The turbo was logical. I initially planned to go Supercharger, MP90, but too many problems with the guy I was dealing with from down under, and decided to go turbo, besides, turbo will always give more power, so, it was a kinfd of no-brainer. The Supercharger would definitely have been cheaper, but my project is best for my street monster...

Anyway, seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, so getting more and more excited...Can't hardly wait...A Built, twin-turbo 4.0 Liter Lexus V8 SC400.....

Ryan
Old 01-26-06, 01:58 PM
lxsc400
Driver School Candidate

more pictures!
Old 01-27-06, 03:32 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Next week, there will be more pics...

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 01-27-06, 11:21 PM
lxsc400
Driver School Candidate

sorry i didnt get to read the other posts on this thread, but i am planing to get a dragon torque converter and i just wanted to ask if you have a dragon torque converter and if you do, is it a big difference???
thanks
Old 01-28-06, 01:58 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

No, I haven't addressed that yet. it is on the list, but first I need to see the characteristics of how the car drives and handles once the turbos are in place...

Ryan

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car