Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC400TT Project Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-06, 11:15 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Downpipes went to ceramic coaters today, along with the turbine housings. All will be coated with high heat black ceramic to keep heat down in the engine bay, and keep heat in the pipes...The compressor housings are on their way to the polisher to get a mirror polish on the cast aluminum. we are still at least a week away, if not a little longer...but coming along well. The 2 Walbros still have to be installed, and the dual exhausts completed...Besides that, we're just about there...

Ryan
Old 07-21-06, 11:48 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SC400TT
Downpipes went to ceramic coaters today, along with the turbine housings. All will be coated with high heat black ceramic to keep heat down in the engine bay, and keep heat in the pipes...The compressor housings are on their way to the polisher to get a mirror polish on the cast aluminum. we are still at least a week away, if not a little longer...but coming along well. The 2 Walbros still have to be installed, and the dual exhausts completed...Besides that, we're just about there...

Ryan
Hurry up man!!!
Old 07-22-06, 06:21 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

One of the hold ups we had was with the rear end...I bought a new TRD LSD, and all the associated bearings and bolts to install, and decided to rebuild the rear axles, which means we needed to remove the rear wheels and unfortunately, the McGard key was nowhere to be found...seems it got lost from one of the previous shops that had my car...I found out that I could send in a high res digital pic into McGard, and they sent me another key...$47 for 2 keys and overnight mail..Not bad. I also registered with them, so they have me on file if I ever lost both keys...highly doubtful, I would, but good insurance...

Ryan
Old 07-22-06, 07:51 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

You know it has been a long time coming...Getting this project completed, and We are nearly complete with Stage 1...Stage II will come very shortly after...Built engine, forged internals, engine management, water injection, V160 swap...It brings a smile to my mouth to think that I will shorlty be able to **** off that black Mclaren I saw in Heathrow a little while ago, or the cocky lawyer with the 911 turbo, and many other rides on the street. I could even play with them for a little while, let them think they had a chance, and then let them see my taillights disappear quickly in the distance...In fact, it brings me a grin from ear to ear just thinking about it...I am not advocating street racing, but it is nice to know that my efforts, and patience are paying off soon...and the dividends will be well worth the costs, and aggravations I have endured...they are learning experiences...

I know this, when those guys see a black sc coupe, they will immediately have a little more respect for our rides power capabilities...and if they look hard, they will especially do so when they see my rear Billett Aluminum badge: SC400TT, or the side fender badges V8TT....That makes it all worth while...

Guys, I am not bragging, but I can buy a Porsche 911 turbo, right now if I want, or a 06 Viper, or Z06...But that is not the point...I have loved the SC coupe ever since I fist saw it on the street as a young man...It's smoothness, sleek body style, raked body stance, luxury accoutrements, etc...I have always felt it was a perfect car, except a bit underpowered...it looks much faster than it was made to be...But I knew it t had huge untapped potential...And I was determined to not give up the air conditioning...We have accomplished that...I am just injecting it with some healthy steroids and puting it through the bodybuilding it needed to gain the muscle this car always deserved...There will alwys be a faster car, but few and very far between...and I can live with that just fine...

I can't hardly contain myself...

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 07-22-06 at 07:58 AM.
Old 07-22-06, 08:10 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400TT
I will shorlty be able to **** off that black Mclaren I saw in Heathrow a little while ago

Ryan

Im assuming it was the mercedes SLR McLaren... not a McLaren F1. regardless... they really need to come to the resturant if they are rolling like that. so after you beat them, stop in and have a drink with them.
Old 07-22-06, 09:25 AM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it will be nice to see the car finally finished ryan, im glad i had the pleasure to come down and meet you and take a look at the car and have dinner but you do know that once its done your going to have to compete with me and david. im also sorry to say that we are going to beat you with 2 less cylinders and 1 less turbo.
Old 07-22-06, 01:48 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by soarer479
it will be nice to see the car finally finished ryan, im glad i had the pleasure to come down and meet you and take a look at the car and have dinner but you do know that once its done your going to have to compete with me and david. im also sorry to say that we are going to beat you with 2 less cylinders and 1 less turbo.
Thanks, it was nice to meet with you too...If you beat me, I can live with that...I do not need to be the absolute fastest, just one of the fastest cars out there....Remember, I can always throw more money and technology into my car, so, even if you beat me, I can turn around and beat you...

Ryan
Old 07-22-06, 07:48 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
Im assuming it was the mercedes SLR McLaren... not a McLaren F1. regardless... they really need to come to the resturant if they are rolling like that. so after you beat them, stop in and have a drink with them.
You got it right Scottie!!!

Ryan
Old 07-22-06, 08:15 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

But can you guys beat me?????
Old 07-22-06, 08:20 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jibbby
But can you guys beat me?????
Only when we are sleeping

Ryan
Old 07-23-06, 08:41 PM
jibbby

Ryan you are so humble...That probably means you can beat me out, not sleeping

You turbo'd guys better get the aggressive stall rate torque converters......I woud imagine your launches are going to be strained unless you brake torque and engage the turbo's that way from a dig...... There is some lag time with those exhaust turbo's right? .... I would love to race you guys for kicks.. turbo'd SC or LS it doesn't matter...Want to see what happens....I have never lost a race to a Lexus, ever....GS430's and the new IS350's are quick but no cigar, not even close........

I think I will be racing LEX in his turbo'd LS400 one of these days and that should be a good race......His car is stacked with all the goodies...Garrett turb, TC, shift kit, LSD, etc........I think he may take me...

Last edited by jibbby; 07-23-06 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-23-06, 09:28 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jibbby
Ryan you are so humble...That probably means you can beat me out, not sleeping

You turbo'd guys better get the aggressive stall rate torque converters......I woud imagine your launches are going to be strained unless you brake torque and engage the turbo's that way from a dig...... There is some lag time with those exhaust turbo's right? .... I would love to race you guys for kicks.. turbo'd SC or LS it doesn't matter...Want to see what happens....I have never lost a race to a Lexus, ever....GS430's and the new IS350's are quick but no cigar, not even close........

I think I will be racing LEX in his turbo'd LS400 one of these days and that should be a good race......His car is stacked with all the goodies...Garrett turb, TC, shift kit, LSD, etc........I think he may take me...
Thanks Jibby...I don't need to throw around testerone to feel good about myself...But I do like to throw it around to have fun sometimes...It's all in the attitude, you know? We are brothers here, so I wish all Lexus owners well... I will tell you that I did a lot of research before selecting the turbos I selected, and they will have very little lag time if any, especially with the way the whole system has been designed and engineered.. Also, I am going with the V160 swap, so no Dragon TQ needed. I will just need to practice on my launches so as to not introduce too much wheel spin...

Ryan
Old 07-24-06, 10:49 AM
jibbby

Oh that's right Ryan...I forgot about your V160 Supra tranny swap...Hardly no lag time, too? That's great!!!...... I surely would get worked over, I think I will pass on racing you.. However, I might still get you out of the blocks and hang with you for a little while...that is if your not running slicks and or have crazy weight transfer going on in your SC..........Anyway, great build Ryan, sounds like a monster...,,,Also a little testoterone being thrown around once in a while with the car to back it up is all good...I think I pulled a muscle flexing on that "can you beat me" post.....

The V160 is a super pic....the shifting is really smoothe, Horse Power holding capacity is what around 1000hp or more and that extra 6th gear really puts that tranny over the top.......You will surely not need to worry about your drivetrain ever again, you are set for life....I also wanted to swap in the V160 trans but I live in LA and there is a crap load of traffic here... Manual tranny's and traffic don't play well together....Too lazy too shift I guess....
Old 07-28-06, 04:08 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

We are still waiting for the Coaters to get the ceramic coating done on all of the DP's and the Turbo housings...It seems to take them a little while... But their work is top notch. In the mean time, I have gotten in additional parts...I have received my new Phillips Ballasts from Xenon Depot (A CL Approved Vendor), and they are an excellent company to deal with...They were extremely helpful, and I got everyting next day air from my phone conversation and order with them... I ordered these because the Audi TT retrofit I installed a while back had only one problem...The Audi ballasts were made for the audi, and the connecting harnesses were very short in length. I did not want to splice the wires and add more resistance to the system, so I was not able to place them in the most ideal position...Sometimes from a hard rain, or a hard carwash from me, a little water would get into the area under the hood, and seep onto one of the ballasts, and cause the HID's not to work until I dried them out...Or, worse yet, one time the ballast got wet enough that they shorted out my headlight relay...So, I ordered the Phillips ballasts, as I had them before on my 9006 rebased HID kit, and they are made with a long, heavy duty harness, and are quite resistant to water...Plus I got additional premade harnesses to make the stock connection to the headlights for easy connectivity, and non-conductive housings for the ballasts. I can now move the ballasts into the nose of the car and not worry about the water issue.

I also ordered the Water injection system for my V8TT. It will truly be an excellent add on to the whole setup...I will have much more efficiency at less boost, throughout the range...This system contains the new tried and tested prototype pump, specifically made for V8's, to be able to flow more water into the cylinders...Which will work in extreme synergy with my Bell FMIC, in getting me to my adjusted power levels...We will see, once we get everything installed and tuned...

Anyway, we are in the hurry up and wait game...until I get those coated pipes back, nothing new to report...Will keep you posted.

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 07-28-06 at 09:09 AM.
Old 07-28-06, 05:25 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Awesome news, Ryan.

Water injection is good stuff. Extra efficiency plus shiny bright cylinders to boot.

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car