Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome man
Old 08-04-06, 12:38 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jznat
oh yes he would, just like i tell that ANTI-CHRIST be bop the flop, if it was a 2j, you wouldn't have all these hurdles to jump through.....much love big guy, i waiting on you.
Dave, you are certainly all right in my book...I know you are always just poking fun to be on the light side...I really appreciate your statement above...

Ryan
Old 08-04-06, 12:56 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by soarer479
well the kit looks decent ryan alot better than i expected out of xtreme boost but the down pipe is horrible ... have to be a critic at either rate for what u paid frank for it you came out on top. although i could have down it much better and faster haha. i cant wait to see the car on the road.

and you have to admit you really wouldnt know what to do if david didnt give you **** for everything lol
You know man, I certainly never mind constructive criticism...But your comments and insinuations are not only of absolutely poor taste, but also surprising and uncalled for. I am not going to say what I would like to say to you for your serious lack of wise judgement in leaving such a post, but I will say that if you have issues, bring them up with me in a PM. I expect more professionalism out of you than that.

I don't have to defend Frank or his work...it is obvious that he is a master craftsman, and his work speaks for itself. If you have a comment or a beef with him, please take it up with him and not on this thread...As far as my deciding to go with Frank, the real reason was not price, if you want to know, PM me, and I will tell you. The price I gave you from Frank was only for the tubing, installation of that tubing and the turbos, and the coating of the headers. I paid for all other ceramic coating and polishing.. I have paid him many extra dollars for the installation and fabrication of things outside of that. Let's put it this way, Frank will end up with more money than you quoted me.

I do not want to get into a war with you, especially on this thread, so if you wish to take this up with me and comment further, take it off of this thread. If you choose to be disrespectful, and not honor this request, I will ask the mods to delete your posts...

This is a wonderful thread, because even though it chronicles my efforts to get this done, it is not really about me...This is about what it takes to get the first one done...And this really is the first one, because Chrisman's work, although awesome, was done by removing the AC and all of its components. This project keeps it all intact, and requires no AC modification at all... So, this thread needs to be kept clean, so others can benefit from its positiveness.

And, I disagree with you on the downpipe, and it certainly is not "horrible"...That was an uncalled for comment...FYI...the DP was made this way to keep maintenance in mind, in fact, the whole system, including the headers, was designed with maintenance of the car in mind. This way, more modular pieces, less parts to remove to get to the engine to service it.

Frank has done an excellent job...

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 08-05-06 at 05:57 AM.
Old 08-04-06, 02:43 PM
bossauto
Driver School Candidate

Ryan not everyone is going to agree with the way you have done something or who you have doing the work . You can't worry about other people think . On the other hand, Hank has been through most of this already , one you have to be about to take the good with the bad on comments on this project. Just remember when it comes out , i get to club you first and for god sake, make sure the drain plug is in the oil pan

PS: don't worry, BE FLOP and you are on the same clubbing list, just he is going to get beat by his OWN 2j..................lol

"make sure the drain plug is in the oil pan" , I've seen that posted and talked about but yet not one person has ever asked me about it . I understand that you heard that from someone and now you pass it along , but be sure you also understand that theres alot more than just that . One thing I do is take pictures of the work I do in every car to protect myself incase of any BS . And the car is question was actually put together mostly by one of his friends not me - but I guess that part was left out when you where told about the drain plug .

I do not make this post to start any type of BS in any way what-so-ever , I just ask that anyone that may have anything to say about me please have ALL the facts and that the fact be 100% dead-on . Understand that this is what I do for a living , this is how I pay my bills so yes I take comments like that pretty serious . If you or anyone else would like to ask me questions on this or any matter , just ask me . Anyone can and will make mistakes at any given time , this was NOT one of those times ! ! ! !

If you or anyone has any questions please E-mail me at contact@xtremeboost.com .

Frank

aka: xtremeboost
Old 08-04-06, 05:13 PM
UpInTheLex
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

For christ sake everyone shut the **** up.
All good threads get ruined by this B.S. on a constant basis because people get into pissing matches.

"This is a wonderful thread, because even though it chronicles my efforts to get this done, it is not really about me...This is about what it takes to get the first one done...And this really is the first one,"

Damn right! The bottom line is Ryan's a good guy.

Depending on which way you look at it he's either stupid for spending 40 grand
or he's the only one with the initiative and the money to actually TT his 4 liter.

I'll go with the latter of the two choices. It's a matter of opinion but take the negative somewhere else, that's not how projects get completed.
Old 08-04-06, 06:44 PM
Durrr
Lead Lap

last time i checked, this was a cool new project, forging something forward that has not been done very much before, and documenting every section of it. Not something that has been done so many times I can't even count..
Old 08-04-06, 08:18 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Ryan not everyone is going to agree with the way you have done something or who you have doing the work . You can't worry about other people think . On the other hand, Hank has been through most of this already , one you have to be about to take the good with the bad on comments on this project. Just remember when it comes out , i get to club you first and for god sake, make sure the drain plug is in the oil pan

PS: don't worry, BE FLOP and you are on the same clubbing list, just he is going to get beat by his OWN 2j..................lol
Dave, C'mon man...Give me a little more credit than that!! You know I am mature enough to know and understand that there will always be those that disagree...But to call something "horrible" is not disagreeing...That is down right disrespectful. And it is totally unnecessary. Anyone can disagree all they want, but they do not have to dis...

Also, Dave, you did not have to make that drain plug comment...again, unnecessary.

Guys, please respect this thread and take any further comments on this subject matter off-line...This thread is too good to get trashed...

Listen, let's get back on course here...Which is- Getting this project done....

Expect more pics soon.

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 08-05-06 at 05:53 AM.
Old 08-05-06, 05:42 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UpInTheLex
For christ sake everyone shut the **** up.
All good threads get ruined by this B.S. on a constant basis because people get into pissing matches.

"This is a wonderful thread, because even though it chronicles my efforts to get this done, it is not really about me...This is about what it takes to get the first one done...And this really is the first one,"

Damn right! The bottom line is Ryan's a good guy.

Depending on which way you look at it he's either stupid for spending 40 grand
or he's the only one with the initiative and the money to actually TT his 4 liter.

I'll go with the latter of the two choices. It's a matter of opinion but take the negative somewhere else, that's not how projects get completed.
Thanks Up!! Yeah, I had to think long and hard if I wanted to do this, but I absolutely have always loved this model...The SC400. It is still one of the best looking cars on the road, IMHO...it is a solid platform from which to build a modern looking car that will rival the best coupes being put out there...Then there is the unique factor...Do you know how many Mercedes, BMW, Porsche and other coupes you see out on the road??? They're everywhere, and they are not that hard to buy...with the new lease packages available, all you gotta have is a little cash for the down payment, say $3 to $5 grand, and good credit...Just sign and drive. Then you are driving the same one as almost everyone else who leased one is...

That is not what I wanted...I want a quality street coupe that is very customized, yet OEM in most appearances, and capable of slamming those "Dime a Dozen, no disrespect intended", standard coupes you see driving down the roads everyday. I still never see that many SC's on the road, and I am a salesman, and am on the road every day...I especially do not see that many clean ones that appear to be 97-2000 models, much more rare. My car is basically rebuilt, from the bottom to the top. It is like a new one, and in some cases much better than a new one. Once it gets stage II, with the built engine, forged internals, and the 6-speed manual, how many of those do you think will be on the road? In Orlando, at least for a while...only ONE car. That is why I decided to do this, and many other reasons...The SC400 reminds me of some of the fine women I dated in Hawaii...Hapa Houle (Oriental and cacausian mix) with blue or green eyes, long black hair, and a body to die for...plus, intelligent, kind and sweet in personality...Svelte, just like the SC400. Even my wife has long black hair, and green eyes...beautiful, but she also has character, is responsible, and is loyal...

I had to do this, with the V8, because I love V8's and I love their potential for power, not to mention their wonderful growl when you rev them up...It would have been much easier to get a SC300 with a 2J and go that route, buy parts off the shelf...But, when I am done, this will be a One of a kind vehicle. That is why I spent the time and the money, and stayed the course...It is more than just a car...it is an adventure, a challenge, a journey...And a very exciting one at that, especially at the stage we are in.

Again, I do not mind constructive criticism, I never have...But I do not appreciate disrespect, nor do I dish it out on this forum either...If we all can treat each other the way we want to be treated, for the vast majority of us, that means we will treat each other well. Let's go with that...Now, I am heading over to the shop in a little while, and am getting more pics...I wonder if we will be ready to crank over the car today? We will see...

I just can't hardly wait...It's like Christmas in August...

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 08-05-06 at 06:00 AM.
Old 08-05-06, 08:26 AM
bossauto
Driver School Candidate

well frank since you have chosen now to bring this to light. the car you speak of left your shop, then came back on a wrecker. you replaced the drain plug and the oil and you sent josh down the road again. got to about the same distance from your shop and then there went a rod . back on a wreck, and back to your shop and then josh gets a used junk block from me and thats the internals you put in.

sorry ryan but he asked for it.

Well , you make a statement about me and then say that it is me that " brings it to light" , let me just inform you that I one have ZERO in the dark and I have ZERO to hide !!!!!

Yet again you speak just a small part of what actually happen !!!! Its like coming upon an accident and feeling sorry for the guy that got hurt , well thats until you get informed that the guy was high on crack , talking on the phone and shaving while driving and I'm sure then you'll change your feelings!!!! Like I said before , I didn't make this post to hear any BS from you or anyone else - it just isn't my thing to E-thug . But when someone ( like you ) makes a statement like that it just cannot be ignored - I respect and understand that maybe he may be a friend of yours but its VERY clear to me you do not know the full story behind that car . Maybe you do not know the full story behind this and maybe thats because you where NOT told the complete story . I understand that you're making statements on things you believe to be facts but yet you never were told of many other facts which should also not had been left out the story when first told ! Lets leave this thread clean and free of this useless bull**** and if you'd like just start another . I'm sick of this BS and the other BS which has been said hehind my back ! Theres a bit more to this than I guess you know or have been told ,sometimes people say only that which makes them look the best and leave out a few things here-and-there ....

Like I said lets keep this thread free and clear of this BS and If you'd like fine details on this feel free to stop by my shop to get a full story in case you'd like to know a bit more about it ---heres my address :

4940 S.Orange Ave , zip : 32806

Best Regards
Frank

Last edited by bossauto; 08-05-06 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-05-06, 09:12 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

More pics, as promised...

Frontal view of TT

Another frontal...

These pipes do not even come close to touching...

More next week. Car will be running next week...

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 08-06-06 at 03:18 AM.
Old 08-05-06, 09:38 PM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

Its great to finally see some good progress . Can't wait to see what kind of power your setup puts down.
Old 08-06-06, 02:55 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great update pics again Ryan!!!!!
Old 08-06-06, 09:47 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,272 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Great progress Ryan!

2jznat, bossauto, take it to PM. I'm going to ask both of you to exit this thread permanently please and not post in it again. bossauto, please familiarize yourself with our rules on vendor promotions on our forum; we strictly enforce them.
Old 08-06-06, 09:57 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Coming along nicely are you going to bring this beast to lexfest?
Old 08-06-06, 10:01 AM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Congrats... been a long time comin. Looks sweet. Lets see some numbers.

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car