Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC400TT Project Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-06 | 10:34 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Ryan, we don't speak much, but I think from our previous conversations / posts, you already know where I stand!!

Much props and I'll be the first to say, you are giving me hope that I can too have a turbo SC400, which is the whole purpose I bought the car.

I'd probably fly out to where ever you are to ride in that car / see it for myself once it's done.

Keep up the good work, and I'll be waiting to see what the tuned dyno numbers do.

Later

NAZTY97
Old 08-06-06 | 10:49 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Thanks, DaveGS4....As I stated, I really believe this is a great thread for others to learn from to turbo their SC400 cars...That is why I have painstakingly taken so much of my time to document the successes and the pitfalls I have faced. There is no ego at stake here...Just a true learning process to share freely with any that are interested. This has been a long time dream to me, and we are almost there...

Gang, I am registered at Lexfest, and I tell you, God willing, I will be there with this car. If only Stage I is completed, then that is what you will see. If Stage II is completed, then that is what you will see. But I and SC400TT will be there...Stage I will have no problem with completion...I am shooting for Stage II by then, but if not, then Stage I will do just fine.

Come to LexFest and party with me and celebrate Lexus cars, great times, and the completion of this 2 year venture...

Ryan
Old 08-07-06 | 09:43 AM
wannasupra
Driver School Candidate

I just joined the forum to say a couple things. i happened to be in florida this weekend and was standing behind ryan as he took his newest pics. :edit: **** talking voluntarily removed... :edit: ryan, sweet *** car bro... by the time i move down there, your car should be up and running, repainted, and totally ridiculous. i've got dibs on a ride in it, on avgas. and to everyone who's been following this thread, i hope you've got a paper towel handy for when he posts up a dyno of that thing, otherwise you may need a new keyboard

later all,
matt

Last edited by wannasupra; 08-07-06 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-07-06 | 10:03 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Thanks, Matt...Love your SRT 4 as well...All black, a beaut!

You have definitely got a ride in my Baby coming...

Ryan
Old 08-07-06 | 10:24 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Lots of hating for a project tech thread, ain't it?

Maybe I won't post up my touchscreen install so no one slams my taste in blank DVD-R's. Heh.

The project is looking great, Ryan. Glad to see it's almost time to turn that key and awaken the beast from it's slumber.

Keep the pics and info comin'.
Old 08-07-06 | 11:00 AM
wannasupra
Driver School Candidate

did you guys start it yet? tell that cuban to get off his @$$. he said on saturday you only needed a coolant hose or some such thing, and you could start it
Old 08-08-06 | 07:47 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

These were ordered and paid for today, front and rear sets, calipers in anodized black, Wilwood Calipers, Wilwood pads, brakelines and mounting brackets. Great brakes, great prices...Thanks to Kevin at Revolution Brakes...

My rotors will be drilled only...

Ryan
Old 08-08-06 | 08:42 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Here are the Water pipes before coating...The color will be a gun metal grey...Also notice the nicely made heat shield before polishing....Really nice!!!! The water lines are fitted now and the oiling system is done. More pics to come, soon...

Look at that heat shield...

another close up...

Damn, this project is really getting cool...

Ryan
Old 08-09-06 | 10:23 AM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Ryan,
Everything looks good. I for one can't wait to see this car on the road

This is a perfect example of Car Crafting
Old 08-09-06 | 10:30 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

It's getting close Ryan!!
Old 08-09-06 | 05:38 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

You don't know how close, Richie...

Ryan
Old 08-09-06 | 05:41 PM
wannasupra
Driver School Candidate

so close you could smell it eh?
Old 08-09-06 | 05:56 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

I was at XtremeBoost today, and Frank took the time to review our progress, and the reasons behind his designs and welding techniques, Kind of the "Why behind the Why"...I do not know if I can elucidate to you all, the amount of engineering and "crafting" that has gone into this project...Pictures do not do this TT justice...It's like watching an artist start with a raw idea, then draw it out, study it, think on it, and then improve it, form it, shape it...Until he is satisfied, and then he sculpts it into the vision he dreamed up...It is so obvious that this is not some slapped together turbo kit, but a true desire to outdo ones' self.

Wait until it is all done, and really finished...All the little details...I am gonna hate driving it in the rain...

Ryan
Old 08-09-06 | 06:24 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

That project is insane, i can't even fit it in my brain. Thats like Davinci's painting, crazy and scary
Old 08-09-06 | 07:15 PM
wannasupra
Driver School Candidate

i'll race you in my SRT. i think you'll have even less traction than i do gonna be friggin sweet

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car