SC400TT Project Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-06, 09:02 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400TT
Split Second...
Nice! I went with a Perfect power SMT6, It also has a second tunable injector output.
Old 08-31-06, 09:08 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very nice...Looking forward to seeing you progress on your project...

The Split-Second controls the second set of injectors...It was made specifically for that purpose...

Ryan
Old 09-01-06, 11:25 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, I saw this on another site...Check out this Supra with a TT 1UZFE...I wonder how similar mine will sound? I am about to find out any day...

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Vantage88

Ryan
Sick!!!!!!
Whats the ETA Ryan?
Old 09-01-06, 01:54 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Seriously, is this project EVER going to be finished??

I'm sick and tired of having to wait for updates and subscribe to this thread only to be teased, when I expect to see a beast get unleashed!!

Hurry damnt! I wanna see killer turbo setup!!! The anticipation and wait is truly annoying me!!
Old 09-01-06, 02:07 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

looks like the great day of unveiling is finally close at hand!!!!....it's threads like this that keep me on these forums. Major congrats on the final days of this overbearing, stressful,ready to kill someone (or 2) project. This project is a prime example of how great things can be achieved with the use of patience,creativity,good improvisation and not to mention.....DEEP POCKETS!!!!!
R&D is and can be such a painful and expensive process. Unfortunately, this is the price to pay for venturing into the unknown and tackling projects that have not been done before. I personally applaud your persistance and perserverance to see the completion of this project through,despite the pitfalls along the way. It was a long hard road but, that journey has finally come to an end and a new, even more stressful path is on the horizon.....just getting it to work to your personal liking. I know your up for the challenge my friend,and we will all be here in full support. Take a bow Ryan, you've definetely earned the right this time!! -to hell with a pot of gold, I want twin turbos at end of my rainbow!
Old 09-01-06, 06:32 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Richie
Sick!!!!!!
Whats the ETA Ryan?
I will drive it out of that shop no later than Monday, possibly tomorrow...

Ryan
Old 09-01-06, 06:50 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kaotiq
Seriously, is this project EVER going to be finished??

I'm sick and tired of having to wait for updates and subscribe to this thread only to be teased, when I expect to see a beast get unleashed!!

Hurry damnt! I wanna see killer turbo setup!!! The anticipation and wait is truly annoying me!!
Sorry, Kaotiq... I do not intend to tease...It is just that little things come up as either changes, or have to be changed...For example, I did not check the flange for the Tial BOV that I bought, and Frank found out yesterday that the flange was steel...You can't weld that on an aluminum intake tube...So, we had to find an aluminum flange...Do you know how hard that is to find in Orlando? I found it today, and picked it up. So, that has to be welded into place tomorrow. The water lines are made of aluminized mild steel, and are being powder coated gun-metal grey...They were supposed to be back today. They were not back....I cannot drive a car without coolant lines in place...

Just minor things...It will be done by tomorrow or Monday...

I do have pice and a video coming up in the next post...

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 09-01-06 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-01-06, 10:53 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

I am having trouble uploading the video...If anybody can assist, please let me know. In the mean time here are some more pics:

V8TT

Close up

Additional Heat Shield- serpentine belt cover

Another heat shield pic

Another angle of Serpentine heat shield

Ryan
Old 09-01-06, 11:02 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

More pics from today....

Close up of installed driver side header over AC compressor

Another close up...Better pic of the custom Radiator bracket

Look at the quality of that bracket...

New completed exhausts

Custom Exhaust Tips

Ryan
Old 09-01-06, 11:13 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Ryan,
Its looking good! Top notch work! Thanks for the updates!
Old 09-01-06, 11:23 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nextlevelcoupe
looks like the great day of unveiling is finally close at hand!!!!....it's threads like this that keep me on these forums. Major congrats on the final days of this overbearing, stressful,ready to kill someone (or 2) project. This project is a prime example of how great things can be achieved with the use of patience,creativity,good improvisation and not to mention.....DEEP POCKETS!!!!!
R&D is and can be such a painful and expensive process. Unfortunately, this is the price to pay for venturing into the unknown and tackling projects that have not been done before. I personally applaud your persistance and perserverance to see the completion of this project through,despite the pitfalls along the way. It was a long hard road but, that journey has finally come to an end and a new, even more stressful path is on the horizon.....just getting it to work to your personal liking. I know your up for the challenge my friend,and we will all be here in full support. Take a bow Ryan, you've definetely earned the right this time!! -to hell with a pot of gold, I want twin turbos at end of my rainbow!
Deron:

Thanks, man...It has been a long time, but worth every bit of the challenges...My car started up tonight, and it ran great for not having run for over 1.5 years... Remember, the BOV was not on because they sent me a steel flange instead of an aluminum flange, so I got that in late this afternoon. The wastegates were open, so no boost could be applied.

Ryan
Old 09-02-06, 12:02 AM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

two words, "****ing Awesome"
Old 09-02-06, 08:27 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Deron:

Thanks, man...It has been a long time, but worth every bit of the challenges...My car started up tonight, and it ran great for not having run for over 1.5 years... Remember, the BOV was not on because they sent me a steel flange instead of an aluminum flange, so I got that in late this afternoon. The wastegates were open, so no boost could be applied.

Ryan
On the egde of my seat! In deep envy! Thats all I can say!
Old 09-02-06, 09:14 AM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like the license plate says...DTRMND!!!!! That is quite an understatement.... call u later Ryan

Last edited by nextlevelcoupe; 09-02-06 at 09:14 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old 09-02-06, 11:08 AM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Proud of you man!

To everyone else... If you have never been directly involved in a project such as this you have NO idea the cost, perseverance and patience necessary. Ryan has become very knowledgeable in turbos and support and will be earning his post graduate degree over then next few...

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car