Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC400TT Project Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-06, 01:05 PM
itsme4g63
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

keep on trucking, maybe it will be done this year.
Old 09-13-06, 12:01 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep the faith Ryan!!
Old 09-13-06, 07:06 PM
over40driv
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about some current pics.
Old 09-13-06, 08:33 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I picked up the revised header from the ceramic coater today...Looks good!! Just a minor revision to the header for fitment issues with the no longer missing alternator. I dropped it off at Frank's shop as well. Now the only task let is to put everything back together, test it, finish the brackets and water injection, install the gauges and boost controller. This weekend, I should have it...

Ryan
Old 09-14-06, 08:43 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

42 pages on this project .hope all this is worth it boosting the 1uz .good luck with the project (hopefully a 1j wont smoke you after all this)
Old 09-14-06, 03:19 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexusboy94
42 pages on this project .hope all this is worth it boosting the 1uz .good luck with the project (hopefully a 1j wont smoke you after all this)
It was never about beating the 1J...It was about Turboing the 1UZ...I am sure there are 1J's that I will beat, and then there will be 1J's that will beat me... I can live with that just fine...

Ryan
Old 09-14-06, 06:31 PM
Jonathan o
Lead Lap

Ryan I have been following you progress with the SC4TT. And you are doing a great job with it. I see a few people talking about 1J/2J they are great motors but the 1uz is just as good. Theres not many SC400TT and you will have one of the of them. I love everything you are doing with SC, And are looking forward to the car being on the road. I'm happy for you bro. . please keep the pics coming
Old 09-14-06, 06:53 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusboy94
Thats kind of harsh dont you think? Ryan is doing a one up project here and doing it right! There are tons of fast 1j's out there (yank yank) this project is out of the norm, thats what makes it great! Doesnt matter what you do to any car, there will always be somone faster.
Old 09-14-06, 07:32 PM
bossauto
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
Thats kind of harsh dont you think? Ryan is doing a one up project here and doing it right! There are tons of fast 1j's out there (yank yank) this project is out of the norm, thats what makes it great! Doesnt matter what you do to any car, there will always be somone faster.
an

Not to worry , I'm sure Ryan knows where he can find a car he can race

Best Regards
Old 09-14-06, 07:41 PM
lighthalo
Lexus Test Driver

sweeeeeeeeeet even got custom emblems.. mmm
im with jew when he rides only i got shotgun very awesome project and i look seeing it in person, heck ide drive to o-town to see it *From j-ville*
Old 09-15-06, 05:07 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Guys, thanks for the kind words...I have learned that there will always be some that will find ways to pick apart something that is positively being done...It is the very nature of some people...I do not worry about it. I am looking forward to getting this car on the road, and ready for LexFest. This is my goal, to have it ready for LexFest, except for the 2000 refresh and the new black paint... No time for that before Lexfest is upon us. But, Stage I will hopefully be well done performance wise by then. I have faced many, many challenges and frustrations getting this project to this point...May I witness a running car today, and drive away with it.

Ryan
Old 09-15-06, 12:13 PM
wannasupra
Driver School Candidate

hey, screw you guys, i'm driving from MONTANA, i get the first ride
Old 09-15-06, 12:40 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Trust me when I say that I have seen MANY cars get turbocharged and unless the owner understands what is going on with their CUSTOM car the end result is frustration. Ryan started this with a dream and a passion (and a checkbook) and has learned many many lessons. He is now MUCH better able to own a custom turbocharged than MOST on this forum.

If you go with a known proven combination (2j/1j) your do not need to have as great of an understanding BUT you still better be ready to educate yourself. A person can walk into a showroom these days and purchase a 500hp+ car (Corvette Z06, Mercedes SC AMGs and TT 600s/65s) and really not have to have much understanding. But if you want to be able to car craft and enjoy trailblazing and exploration and owning unique car(s) you must be willing to pay the price (money, time, frustration, education, patience, etc).

Ryan is nearing graduation but will be post grad school for the rest of his car crafting years (as are any of us that have crossed the rivers and climbed the mountains) and that is a VERY exclusive club and the cost is high.

Congratulations on joining the club Ryan
Old 09-15-06, 02:56 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Thanks John...I appreciate the insight you have...As we discussed, I could have just bought a new GS430, but then how many others have the exact same thing? I love the SC400...I always have...SO, I decided to customize, personalize and craft this car so that it is unlike anyother one in the world. While it is still an SC, it is now unique...And that keeps me happy with it...it now is a statement about me, not just another car...That is why the custom emblems, the clean interior, etc. This car is no longer an "off the shelf" model. I decided to go out and build my own car...

Anyway, I love it...

Ryan
Old 09-15-06, 04:38 PM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GL man, i love wut ur doin, and cant wait to see some numbers. When did clublexus start having so many negative people?

Quick Reply: SC400TT Project Car