Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

CleanSC: The Reveal

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-05, 07:35 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

LOL yea man people have been hounding me for info but I answer every single PM so it's all good.

Splat, the exhaust is not loud at all. Just damn expensive.

Everyone else, again, I appreciate the praise. I'm glad to have inspired so many. The SC is a car that has the potential to be great, it just needs to be brought out with carefully selected mods.

I was asked for a pic of the lights. It's horrible but it's the best I can muster at night. The lights are so intense that photographing them accurately is almost impossible.
Attached Thumbnails CleanSC: The Reveal-lights.jpg  
Old 03-22-05, 11:38 PM
96sc3
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

clean clean clean and clean,
it looks sooooooo good,.,..,
that's it!!!, i'm going to start walking down there to see it in person, see ya~!~!
Old 03-22-05, 11:48 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

Wow, absolutely stunning..

Ed
Old 03-23-05, 02:24 AM
gsWarrior
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the interior looks stunning. clean is an understatement
Old 03-23-05, 08:59 AM
techsc400
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CleanSC
LOL yea man people have been hounding me for info but I answer every single PM so it's all good.

Splat, the exhaust is not loud at all. Just damn expensive.

Everyone else, again, I appreciate the praise. I'm glad to have inspired so many. The SC is a car that has the potential to be great, it just needs to be brought out with carefully selected mods.

I was asked for a pic of the lights. It's horrible but it's the best I can muster at night. The lights are so intense that photographing them accurately is almost impossible.
Fog lights look more white than the HID headlights. Does your HID more towards white (4000K) or blue (6000K)?
I guess that PIAA Plasma bulbs are pretty white.

Thanks.
Old 03-23-05, 09:24 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by techsc400
Fog lights look more white than the HID headlights. Does your HID more towards white (4000K) or blue (6000K)?
I guess that PIAA Plasma bulbs are pretty white.

Thanks.
The HID's are 4100k. They are more white than anything else until you approach the cut off where they are blue and purple. The PIAA plasmas are white but have purple hues at certain angles. Piaa has other colors for you and if white is what you like then check out the Xtreme White series. I've had great luck with those. My older LED wedge bulbs were much more purple than these new ones. The older ones kept burning out. These are more on the bluish side but they still match the hids at cut-off angles.

I've come to the conclusion that it's impossible to catch the true hues on camera. That pic is not very representative of how it looks in person. Especially since the distance and angle that you view the lights from widely varies the way they appear.
Old 03-23-05, 09:29 AM
techsc400
Lead Lap

The HID's are 4100k. They are more white than anything else until you approach the cut off where they are blue and purple. The PIAA plasmas are white but have purple hues at certain angles. Piaa has other colors for you and if white is what you like then check out the Xtreme White series. I've had great luck with those. My older LED wedge bulbs were much more purple than these new ones. The older ones kept burning out. These are more on the bluish side but they still match the hids at cut-off angles.

I've come to the conclusion that it's impossible to catch the true hues on camera. That pic is not very representative of how it looks in person. Especially since the distance and angle that you view the lights from widely varies the way they appear.
Thank you very much for your input. It helps me a lot for my next project. (HID upgrade)
I was concerning about what I shuld do with the fog lights after head light upgrade.
Old 03-23-05, 09:35 AM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

a little late.....but MAn....what a presentation....from the write up, to the quality of the photos.............and of course...the grand finally...WOW!!!!! amazing...HOtcar
Old 03-23-05, 11:32 AM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

This is absolutely true Jose.....you just cannot capture the correct color variations associated with all of the kelvin ratings. Plus, what would seem blue to me could be purple to another...and so forth....otherwise, your lights look great.....
Old 03-23-05, 04:22 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

well, i guess the only thing to do is make a video from many angles. you could also let that exhaust be heard. i think you should just come to orlando, and ill tell everyone how good it looks in person!!!!
Old 03-23-05, 04:22 PM
Spencer
Driver

Will you deed me your car?

mad props, good work
Old 03-23-05, 05:42 PM
vaki2
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Snif snif,

I got tears in my eye. This is a masterpiece. Jose, heads off man. I may have to drive down to Miami to see this one in person.
Old 03-23-05, 08:16 PM
zzaldyy
Driver School Candidate

niceee!!!!
Old 03-24-05, 01:45 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gorgeous Jose! (the car, not you) I have a similar modding style.....only i'm very broke right now Keep up the good work, I hope this doesn't mean you're done messin' with the car...

Oh and I'll host high-res pics of your car in my gallery just as soon as my host server goes back online
Old 03-24-05, 07:38 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lex400sc
Gorgeous Jose! (the car, not you) I have a similar modding style.....only i'm very broke right now Keep up the good work, I hope this doesn't mean you're done messin' with the car...

Oh and I'll host high-res pics of your car in my gallery just as soon as my host server goes back online
Thanks for the kind words. And thank YOU for the help a year ago.

Lemme know when you are ready for the fullres pics and I'll forward them.

Quick Reply: CleanSC: The Reveal