Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

LS400 Supercharger Project

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-07, 03:39 PM
turbosix
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bill Dowd
I also heard a story ( not sure how much truth it holds) that the lexus engine is the only car engine in the world that can be put into an airplane and is fully FAA passed.
not true. there are people using blown LS1s in airplanes.
Old 11-30-07, 03:40 PM
turbosix
Pole Position

it should be easy to acquire an adjustable fpr... you'll be fat down low but safe up top.. ... first thing buick guys do when they up the boost
Old 03-14-08, 10:18 PM
avalon42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just wanted to see how the setup was running...were you able to dyno to see the hp/tq results?
Old 03-17-08, 02:38 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I would also love to hear more a few months later!
Old 03-17-08, 02:55 PM
steveski
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Guess I will also chime in to say I too am interested. If you are running a flat 6 second to 60 MPH, that is a pretty impressive jump in performance over stock numbers.
Old 03-31-08, 10:19 PM
CarlosR347
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, Guys Im New to Club Lexus And I really wanna put a T70 in my SC400 but The whole electronics and tunning thing scares me ****less lol, i think ima mess it up for some reason, so yea my question is , Can I use the stock injectors and ECU and run that turbo?
Old 03-31-08, 11:48 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CarlosR347
Hi, Guys Im New to Club Lexus And I really wanna put a T70 in my SC400 but The whole electronics and tunning thing scares me ****less lol, i think ima mess it up for some reason, so yea my question is , Can I use the stock injectors and ECU and run that turbo?
A T70 is ok, but it's an overkill if you don't tend to go over 500 rwhp. This high hp application will also require engine rebuilding, bigger injectors with ECU, or extra injectors with the controller, tranny rebuilding, torque converter. Sizing the right turbo is important and will eliminate the turbo lag, which is very...boring and annoying when you need the power.

I only run 6 psi now and smoked many cars in the 350 hp range. I haven't lost yet.

You might need to have a hp goal to decide which turbo to go. And I think you might need to start another thread to avoid jacking Ca12los69's thread.
Old 03-31-08, 11:50 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

go to www.lextreme.com then www.google.com and LEARN about what a turbo is before asking that question.
Old 04-01-08, 02:06 AM
Neofate
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Yup I would back off on the application unless you have plans to continually build the car up and up.

Like was mentioned, start with a Horsepower goal, a realistic goal.. Size your budget up. Then research.

Something like 350-400hp is reasonable with a budget of 4-5grand.. Less if you get or skip certain things.

Say you run 350hp, you don't have to replace the tranny, you can get away with alot of factory components that otherwise would need replacing because of the newly introduced friction/force from your power adder. Engine has to be solidified when that kind of power is introduced. A more reasonable power addition is cheaper, and well, easier overall.

It does take alot of homework to do yourself,.. even to pick the right parts. If you have the money take it to a tuner, and work out the details. Leave it with em for X days (week) whatnot.. and pick up your new car done right =)

But, half the fun is in doing it yourself.
Old 05-11-08, 08:08 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Carlos! How is the car running? I have not heard from you for awhile. My piggyback is going up for sale if you are interested. I finaly completed my 6 speed swap! A supercharged 6 speed Sc400 is loads of fun. I should have my stand alone any day and will be boosting to 11 lbs. this will be my indermediate step. Just shot this video today.
FYI these are my track wheels, CCW w/MT ET streets and front skinnys.

Yes I know I bounced off the rev limiter a little. I really was hovering it around 4000-4500 RPM but it keeps climbing up. This is just thru first gear, It will throw some more down if I hook second hard.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RwDlMHpR8A
Old 05-12-08, 12:35 PM
atoyot
Pole Position

i know i'm new to this board and this thread, but...

In the landcruiser wold, we are turboing the inline 6 1fzfe motors and also there is a TRD supercharger available for these motors.

One problem we were running into was saturating the MAF sensor and throwing it into openloop soon. We had a member machine a larger diameter MAF housing and replace the stock MAF with a larger unit.

This eliminated the quick saturation we were seeing.

may be worth looking into.

here is the thread for anyone who is interested: http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-te...f-gen-1-a.html
Old 08-01-08, 08:39 PM
Ca12los69
Driver

Update:
I have recently machined the blower pulley down to about 61mm.
This has resulted in about 9 PSI. I initially had belt slip problems, but I just finished added another idler and that has solved the slip. My wideband A/F meter shows 10.5 at peak boost. I am also running 70/30 water-meth injection from 6 PSI up. I do not hear any knock and the engine is pulling very strong. 10 PSI is achievable I believe, but this would be cutting it close without engine management. The drive belt would probably contact the radiator hose as well.
I have a BEGI RRPFPR and a walbro high pressure pump hooked up at battery voltage. This seems to be doing the job, but an aftermarket ECU and injectors will be needed for reliabilty and more timing advance. I had a chance to drive a stock LS400 and the power difference is amazing. It was all worth it.
Attached Thumbnails LS400 Supercharger Project-dsc02338.jpg  
Old 08-01-08, 09:28 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Great news Carlos! love the progress. Just a FYI, I may replace my full ported M90 soon and that would probally give you a extra 2lbs.

I have a stand alone coming soon, Just trying to locate injectors.

Anyways I am really loving your project, great progress.
Old 08-01-08, 09:47 PM
Ca12los69
Driver

Scott,
I may just pick up that charger from you. Whats your next venture Scott?? Twin screw I bet....lol I cant wait to see that combo with a 6 speed and LSD!!!
Old 08-01-08, 09:54 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

You guessed it, I am going to take the several thousand dollar plung for a twin screw plus a few other tricks. Should be fun.

Quick Reply: LS400 Supercharger Project