Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Matt, I got to download pics off the camera and email them to you
Old 02-18-09, 07:53 PM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
Matt, I got to download pics off the camera and email them to you
That would be great! I'll PM you my email addy.
Old 02-19-09, 12:39 PM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Well, after looking at prices and seeing what is around in my local area, this little project will be on hold until I can figure out a cost effective way of connecting the 2 fuel rails together.

This is my first time working with steel fuel lines and whats going to be needed to make this work, so I have some research and studying to do. If anyone has a cost effective method or know where some pre-fab lines are, chime in

Last edited by DasBach; 02-19-09 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-19-09, 07:23 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

I might be able to get you a set of the spare stock fuel lines that connect from the left fuel rail to the right fuel rail for the 1UZ. Is that what you're looking for?
Old 02-19-09, 07:28 PM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by stevechumo
I might be able to get you a set of the spare stock fuel lines that connect from the left fuel rail to the right fuel rail for the 1UZ. Is that what you're looking for?
Yes and no. The stock ones are too short, even if I bend out all the factory bends and make it totally straight.
Old 02-20-09, 12:03 AM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DasBach
Yes and no. The stock ones are too short, even if I bend out all the factory bends and make it totally straight.
I thought the supercharger manifold will allow you to retain the stock fuel lines. Actually modifying that isn't too hard. I just have 2 ideas.

The first is you may use a flat bracket and brace the fuel rails to the manifold. Tap and screw the fittings into the rails' ends. Then use stainless braided lines to connect the rails together.

The second is to make it look like stock. You'll need to buy an aluminum tube (at any hardware store) with the diameter of about 3/8" like stock size, use a tube bender and bend it to any shape. Get all types of aluminum fittings here: http://www.anplumbing.com/shop.

Tap & and thread the fitting at both rails' ends. Put the rails on the manifold and take the whole set to the aluminum welder so he could weld the tube to the fittings. ***Since you may need to take out the rails later, you'll may thread a male fitting to the fuel rail, but weld the aluminum tube to the female fitting. so only the tube with both fittings is one unit. It's just a rough idea but you'll need to choose the right fittings. Hope it works for you. You can be your own fabricator.
Attached Thumbnails DasBach's Build Thread-fuel-line.jpg  
Old 02-22-09, 11:43 PM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Got a lot done today, I should have this all wrapped up by next week.

I got the fuel rail problem solved, parts are on order and will be here before the end of the week. Installed pulleys, cleaned the engine bay and started moving / tucking away wires and harnesses to keep it clean under the hood.

The manifold gaskets, injector insulators and O-Rings arrive Wed. so I'll be putting those aside until the fuel lines come in so I can attach them to the manifold and drop it all in.

Installing this super charger has been a blast, but whats really given me such a wonderful feeling is knowing how clean I've gotten the engine. It makes me proud to pop the hood!
Old 02-28-09, 12:34 PM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

The super charger is now in, and the car idles at 1K as I've had to manually set the throttle screw in order to keep it running. At 1K, the car is at 16.0 AFR (wideband PLX devices) and doesn't go lean until right at the red line.

I will have a ton of pictures posted tomorrow of install and the current product.

Tomorrow will be installing the wide band permanently instead of having it though the window, buttoning up odds and ends and finally extending the throttle and transmission kick down cables.

If I can put more than 2 hours a day into like I've been doing, this should be up and running mid next week to test it out and make sure there aren't any critical errors from the get go.

I have a question for anyone with knowledge who is reading. The first time I got it to idle, when I gave it some gas which brought it up to about 3-4K, it would puff white smoke the first 2 or so times, but after that nothing came out. Was this perhaps grease and dust that had set in the manifold while I was working on it? I was a bit worried, but it went away so I'm content at this point.
Old 02-28-09, 01:40 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow you work fast, good stuff! PICSORBAN!!!
Old 02-28-09, 02:34 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VIDS please
Old 02-28-09, 08:02 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

A tuned SAFC with 315 cc/min injectors will be a good way to go for the safety and money. A mid 12 sec for 1/4 mile is very doable.
Old 03-01-09, 04:23 PM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

I now own a super charged SC400.

I have a complete write up ready as well, and tons of pictures which I am looking for my camera cable now to upload them.

I have videos, and pictures ready to go!

Last edited by DasBach; 03-01-09 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-01-09, 07:34 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 382 Likes on 225 Posts

a supercharged sc400 damn that's gorgeous
Old 03-01-09, 07:53 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Nice progress Matt! Looking good!
Old 03-01-09, 08:53 PM
SC400TT