Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

DasBach's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-08, 10:34 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DasBach
I finally got somewhat settled into the new house and did a lot of moving and storage.

I got in my S&S headers and all the parts for my exhaust setup, but am still waiting on my custom flywheel for the W58 Swap. Its been a while, but I trust Blizzy when he said this guy is good people.

I decided to never part out a car again, as no matter how much you hook someone up they still complain!

Stay tuned for some pics of the parts, and of the new pad.
Cant wait to see the 400 build! I got a feeling it will be extreme.
Old 08-24-08, 10:04 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That was my first idea. I think if I polish it up really nice, it will be good to put on top of the manifold. I'll have to try it out and see.
Put it under your pillow before going to sleep and see what you end up wiyth in the morning...

Glad to see you're going to be joining the V8 FI Group...

Keep us posted.

Ryan
Old 11-03-08, 09:23 AM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well pre-winter time in Arizona is here, enters 90 degree weather (a dream compared to summer trust me) so it will soon be time to ground the Lexus and start with all the goodies!

I can't stand working on the car in 120+ weather, its even hotter inside the auto shop as the AC sucks. So far in my garage, I have the S&S headers and full 5 speed W58 swap minus the adapter flange ready to go. I'm only a month out from getting the sweet M90 Supercharger setup from ScottURnot so hopefully I will see that in December. So, hopefully by the new year I'll have a supercharged 5 speed with full exhaust.

When I dyno'd the car in San Diego I was told I have a little ignition problem and recently the car has been a bit choppy in the lower RPM for a split second, but its noticeable. I want to get a new fuel filter, and buy new plugs (1 step colder for the SC) and wires and make sure I have it all ready to go for December when I FI it.

Anyone have an suggestions on new plugs and wires? Open to any suggestions as I haven't really figured out whats best on the SC yet. I'm still rather new to the V8 and all the obvious suggestions someone can make at the press of a button. I will post pictures tonight of all the goodies laying around!
Old 11-03-08, 09:38 AM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you need any help with anything i got your back brother...

Semper Fi
Old 11-03-08, 10:42 AM
DWPsc3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

car is looking good man. good luck with your build
Old 11-03-08, 04:59 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Manual FI SC400! Can't wait to start seeing the build pics! Good luck with everything.*
Old 11-04-08, 10:20 AM
gabegtz84
Pole Position

Beautiful as for the tranny swap you should definitly do that!

I spent 4 months looking for my SC, the biggest qualification was that it was a Stick.

And no matter how nice your car is automatic, there is nothing like shifting the gears and downshifting through the corners.

Keep up the Good Work Das BACH and I can't wait till you make your beautiful car even better.
Old 11-04-08, 11:28 AM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
If you need any help with anything i got your back brother...

Semper Fi
Thanks man, I will let you know. Semper Fi!

Originally Posted by DWPsc3
car is looking good man. good luck with your build
Thanks, I can't wait to see what it becomes.

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
Manual FI SC400! Can't wait to start seeing the build pics! Good luck with everything.*
I bought a Camera just for the build and some other tasks, I will be sure to provide a lot of greeeeezy pictures.

Originally Posted by gabegtz84
Beautiful as for the tranny swap you should definitly do that!

I spent 4 months looking for my SC, the biggest qualification was that it was a Stick.

And no matter how nice your car is automatic, there is nothing like shifting the gears and downshifting through the corners.

Keep up the Good Work Das BACH and I can't wait till you make your beautiful car even better.
The car will be an entirely new beast. I just smoked the tail lights which look amazing and just the right tint to stay out of most of the trouble others have had, hopefully.

I now have a set of Rojas that I need to try fitting on. they were on the Manual SC300 I had and unsure how they will look like the silver trim on the 400. I will post some mock up pictures tomorrow.
Old 11-06-08, 11:12 AM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Smoked tails and some stuff that needs to go on the 400.

Old 02-02-09, 07:35 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Nice setup. 9 psi on the V8 will kick ars.. Make sure you have a good tuning when you go over 7-8 psi. What year is your SC4?
Old 02-16-09, 09:38 PM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by stevechumo
Nice setup. 9 psi on the V8 will kick ars.. Make sure you have a good tuning when you go over 7-8 psi. What year is your SC4?
1992. The engine runs great, I made a mistake of having my wiring for the passenger side O2 sensor too close to the exhaust so I was eating EFI 30 AMP fuses like tic tacs.

Current M90 install:

As of now, the entire intake manifold and all parts have been removed. My fuel rail and the lines that connect them (they even out the flow I suppose) have been bent and can be mounted to the manifold. I am going to buy new injector O-rings, insulators and the TB gasket/Manifold gaskets (felpro) tomorrow which are needed to finish the install.

Right now, I am figuring out what to do with the cold start valve and the IACV. I have access to some tuning shops in CA so will start working towards installing the perfect power piggy back and source a good wideband.

Expect a lot of pictures tomorrow when I go into the shop before work to measure some things!
Old 02-17-09, 03:59 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

The 92-94 is more boost friendly because of the stronger rods. I ran the 95 engine and it's weak. I'm currently running the 92 JDM LS engine and it has beefy rods.

You may use braided stainless fuel lines to save the hassle of fixing the stock fuel lines. I think you can run a Map Pro or SAFC for 9 psi with 315 cc fuel injectors. Good luck...
Old 02-17-09, 07:54 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

1992. The engine runs great, I made a mistake of having my wiring for the passenger side O2 sensor too close to the exhaust so I was eating EFI 30 AMP fuses like tic tacs.

Current M90 install:

As of now, the entire intake manifold and all parts have been removed. My fuel rail and the lines that connect them (they even out the flow I suppose) have been bent and can be mounted to the manifold. I am going to buy new injector O-rings, insulators and the TB gasket/Manifold gaskets (felpro) tomorrow which are needed to finish the install.

Right now, I am figuring out what to do with the cold start valve and the IACV. I have access to some tuning shops in CA so will start working towards installing the perfect power piggy back and source a good wideband.

Expect a lot of pictures tomorrow when I go into the shop before work to measure some things!
It has been my experience that with most piggy backs you will need to keep your cold start and your Idle Air control valve. Check with the manufacturer before you lose them...Most piggy backs only adjust air and fuel. More advanced ones will adjust timing.

Great build...M90...Massive low end torque!!

Ryan
Old 02-17-09, 09:11 PM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by stevechumo
The 92-94 is more boost friendly because of the stronger rods. I ran the 95 engine and it's weak. I'm currently running the 92 JDM LS engine and it has beefy rods.

You may use braided stainless fuel lines to save the hassle of fixing the stock fuel lines. I think you can run a Map Pro or SAFC for 9 psi with 315 cc fuel injectors. Good luck...
Thanks a ton! I already bent the stock equalizer lines on the fuel rails, and should be able to use the stock steel ones. I'll find out later in the week when I have some time off.

Originally Posted by SC400TT
It has been my experience that with most piggy backs you will need to keep your cold start and your Idle Air control valve. Check with the manufacturer before you lose them...Most piggy backs only adjust air and fuel. More advanced ones will adjust timing.

Great build...M90...Massive low end torque!!

Ryan
I decided to attempt to keep both items, so now its just finding the best spot on the manifold to add them to. I'd like to be able to run the car as-is w/o tuning or a piggy back for a week or so, hopefully the engine will be ok with the boost until I figure out my options.
Old 02-18-09, 06:09 PM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Well tonight got some good work done. The entire manifold is off the car, cleaned and ready for the SC. However, I have these tasks to finish:

Shave down new injector insulators to fit into the gaps in the SC manifold
Find some high pressure braided fuel lines for the equalizer lines
Figure out the pulley setup Scott provided (just gotta read thread)
Finish killing off EGR.

Other than that, should be smooth sailing once I get all my parts collected.

Quick Reply: DasBach's Build Thread