OMD
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very interesting build.. any updates?
Old 03-27-09, 11:13 AM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

I've been having horrible fuel leaks and am waiting on 97+ fuel rails to arrive so I can correct it. I will post this weekend after I fix it up.
Old 03-29-09, 03:19 PM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Well so far, fuel issues are all taken care of. I'd like to track down some thicker O-rings that make the injectors a little more snug, until then I will drive it normally and not rag on it too much.

I'd like to fit these 315CC injectors and larger pulley and get it tuned. I wonder what kind of power this unit will put out. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 03-29-09, 04:27 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice setup !
Old 03-29-09, 06:41 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DasBach
Well so far, fuel issues are all taken care of. I'd like to track down some thicker O-rings that make the injectors a little more snug, until then I will drive it normally and not rag on it too much.

I'd like to fit these 315CC injectors and larger pulley and get it tuned. I wonder what kind of power this unit will put out. Anyone have any ideas?
I used Bosch injector o-rings and they fit like OEM. KC95 has been running 8.5 lbs with 315cc injectors and he made around 350 rwhp with the headers. I think that's the max of 315cc injectors.
Old 03-29-09, 07:34 PM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Ya I'm going to put some bigger injectors on later on.

I drove the car around the block and it ran great, felt healthy and happy until I went to park it. I scraped the bottom just a bit garaging it in my new condo and figured it was the cats. When I looked under the car, there was a single drop of oil, clean oil.

The car has 177K on it so I don't expect much out of it really, but it sure has been fun.

Just went and checked under the car... 3 drip spots and they are a half dollar size on the ground. I think its leaking from one spot and dripped over the cross member underneath.

I have invested a lot of time and money into this car and it doesn't seem to be turning out very well, I might end this project pretty soon. Maybe I'll pick up a new engine and build it up from the bottom up like Scott, I dunno.

Old 03-29-09, 07:42 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah, don't get up. I know how you feel when something doesn't go your way w/the project... Just drive on- Military style! I've had quite a few thoughts of ending my project, but then realize that I want to beat all the Military 350Z's that are out there. Do you have as many in your area as I do? Where's the drip coming from exactly? Might be an easy fix...
Old 03-29-09, 07:55 PM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
Ah, don't get up. I know how you feel when something doesn't go your way w/the project... Just drive on- Military style! I've had quite a few thoughts of ending my project, but then realize that I want to beat all the Military 350Z's that are out there. Do you have as many in your area as I do? Where's the drip coming from exactly? Might be an easy fix...
Hey buddy, thanks for being a fellow in arms.

The drip has actually stopped, it left 3 half dollar puddles and hasn't dripped once on the plastic I layed down.

350Zs are the most popular sports car on base, there are dozens of them out here in Yuma. For such a small town, there are many. There are some nice cars on base, many of them being 350Zs. The car the way it is which isn't running to the best potential as its untuned and such has beaten the ones I've raced so I'm happy.

Is there any structural difference from a JDM 1UZFE and a USDM one? They are selling on ebay for a little over 600. Tempting.
Old 03-29-09, 08:55 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you're going to build the motor, buy the second one, send it to an excellent machine shop, have it machined to your spec, be sure to have already determined the pistons and size you will be installing, choose forged rods, decide if you are going with oversized valves or not, be sure to use ARP everywhere, port and polish those heads mildly, make sure you invest in excellent engine management, swap that newly built motor in, and have a blast!! You will grin from ear to ear everytime you smoke a vette or a 350z.

Ryan
Old 03-29-09, 08:58 PM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SC400TT
If you're going to build the motor, buy the second one, send it to an excellent machine shop, have it machined to your spec, be sure to have already determined the pistons and size you will be installing, choose forged rods, decide if you are going with oversized valves or not, be sure to use ARP everywhere, port and polish those heads mildly, make sure you invest in excellent engine management, swap that newly built motor in, and have a blast!! You will grin from ear to ear everytime you smoke a vette or a 350z.

Ryan
What do you think about TTC performance?
Old 03-29-09, 09:11 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Eric is a good guy. He has a lot of options for TT'ing the V8. I do not think he has done much for supercharging the V8.

Ryan
Old 03-29-09, 11:35 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DasBach
Hey buddy, thanks for being a fellow in arms.

The drip has actually stopped, it left 3 half dollar puddles and hasn't dripped once on the plastic I layed down.

350Zs are the most popular sports car on base, there are dozens of them out here in Yuma. For such a small town, there are many. There are some nice cars on base, many of them being 350Zs. The car the way it is which isn't running to the best potential as its untuned and such has beaten the ones I've raced so I'm happy.

Is there any structural difference from a JDM 1UZFE and a USDM one? They are selling on ebay for a little over 600. Tempting.
The JDM engines for sale are mostly for LS400. They have different headers and oil pan (upper & lower), and fan bracket. You must use SC headers, oil pan, and fan bracket. Everything else is the same. The sellers might not know that, nor even knowing the exact year. You could ask the seller to pull out the spark plug wires to see which year it is. You're lucky if you have 91-94 because they have stronger rods.

That's the route I went. Here's my build thread. http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10637.
Dont' give up just yet. Most modded cars don't ever run right the first time. They take time to sort out the bugs.
Old 03-30-09, 08:36 AM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by stevechumo
The JDM engines for sale are mostly for LS400. They have different headers and oil pan (upper & lower), and fan bracket. You must use SC headers, oil pan, and fan bracket. Everything else is the same. The sellers might not know that, nor even knowing the exact year. You could ask the seller to pull out the spark plug wires to see which year it is. You're lucky if you have 91-94 because they have stronger rods.

That's the route I went. Here's my build thread. http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10637.
Dont' give up just yet. Most modded cars don't ever run right the first time. They take time to sort out the bugs.
I know exactly what you mean. I am looking at Lextreme's builds and was looking at spending 6100 on the Stage I shortblock and heads. Not bad if you ask me.