Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-09, 07:47 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thats so nice bro I cant wait to get mine going, so you guys out the main computer under the driver seat
Old 08-01-09, 08:16 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryeno
The painted stock calipers, the horribly ebay tails + smoke, removing the door chrome, the fake wood, the black logos, not working s2k antenna(all you need is a celica sub antenna for it to hook up). idk dude, it just seems to me like you took a nice car and with your whole played out black on white look made it ghetto hood cheep.

I mean it definitely doesn't look like its a nice car and its not even that different considering a ton of people do that style but w/e floats your boat.
bro why ....
Old 08-01-09, 12:34 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ wow someone had their Hater-aide this morning !!
Old 08-01-09, 03:40 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
thats so nice bro I cant wait to get mine going, so you guys out the main computer under the driver seat
Thank you very much The main computer is underneath the passenger seat so its easily accessible. It actually fits very well for something that is not really suppose to be there.

The painted stock calipers, the horribly ebay tails + smoke, removing the door chrome, the fake wood, the black logos, not working s2k antenna(all you need is a celica sub antenna for it to hook up). idk dude, it just seems to me like you took a nice car and with your whole played out black on white look made it ghetto hood cheep.

I mean it definitely doesn't look like its a nice car and its not even that different considering a ton of people do that style but w/e floats your boat.
Ryeno.....im sure if we were to put both of our SC's next to each other and people had to take a pole as to which car looked better and was overall executed well I would without a shadow of a doubt win with flying colors. All the mods I have done on my car have been clean and well executed.

My black badges are not peeling and were done well, also my painted calipers look clean and with the Lexus sticker looks stock just like some of the higher end cars out there with painted calipers. My tails look fine to me and the tint makes them look better than they did before. Some people like them and some don't which is fine with me. My interior is in prestine condition and my engine bay is one of the cleanest stock setups you would ever see. The blacked out chrome is just like what the soarer has so I don't even see why that is such a problem for you either. Again it was done very well and not a ghetto job whatsoever. The S2K antenna is for looks only. I don't need it to work and that definitely is not ghetto at all since most people think its stock....which is the whole look I'm going for.

For you to completely bash my ride is absolutely way off the mark so I won't sweat it. Let's just say I would never stich up a blown 3 spoke airbag and put it in my ride because I actually bought the real thing. So who's calling who ghetto again???? I know for a fact I've put more money in my ride then you and overall my ride is cleaner and well put together then yours so please keep the hating to a minimum.

cuz if he tints his headlights and adds chrome rims it will look just like all the other run down scs i have seen in south central when going to roscoe house of chicken and waffles.

idk i'm just not a fan of the whole ghetto fab look.
Ghetto fab is sitting on 24's with a candy paint job and the car jacked up. Where in my whole ride do you see that going on? Again my car is far from run down and is one of the cleanest one's around hands down. I don't plan on changing my rims anytime soon since they look perfectly fine so you don't have to worry about that.

Originally Posted by 2.5tsoarer
^ wow someone had their Hater-aide this morning !!
Drank the whole thing......

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 08-01-09 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-01-09, 04:12 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Don't sweat it, once the Hater-aide wears out he'll be ok.
Old 08-01-09, 07:06 PM
Black Fire
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ IDK If it gets in your bloodstream your *****t!
Old 08-01-09, 10:15 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2.5tsoarer
Don't sweat it, once the Hater-aide wears out he'll be ok.
Yea I hear ya.....a little anoying but its all good. I'm happy with my ride and thats what counts the most

Originally Posted by Black Fire
^^^ IDK If it gets in your bloodstream your *****t!
Haha.....that sounds about right.
Old 08-02-09, 06:45 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Of all people, I cannot believe you (Ryeno) even made such a comment.

Eric - show me the goods today!
Old 08-02-09, 11:50 AM
theory5150
Lexus Test Driver

Looks really good! Were you the one who was going to put on the spacers? If so, pics please!
Old 08-02-09, 12:21 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
Of all people, I cannot believe you (Ryeno) even made such a comment.

Eric - show me the goods today!
Will do man....I texted you so just let me know when you have some free time.

ya no. Just because you do something, doesnt mean its an upgrade.

Your right....just because I do something doesn't mean its an upgrade but to me its not a downgrade either.

No actually it looks like all the other ricers or just distasteful "hood" cars. The fact is NO stock painted color is a floating pin w/ toque plate design. Go look at ANY high end car with painted calipers, porsche, ferrari, aston martin etc. they all have the ls400 or supra tt style caliper. Also your decal will end up peeling, its just a matter of time.

When the decal peels and the paint comes off the caliper you will be the first one I let know about it if you want

Less people like the ebay tails then the 92 tails. Now thats saying something. Like as i was writing this my brother came in the room and i was like look at this guys sc. And he said "who is the lucky bastard who got his tails." He has a 98 400 btw. That is by FAR the single worst mod EVER.

Funny....my car is a 97 SC300.....not a 400 so get the facts straight on that one. The single worst mod ever is hands down your stiched up airbag. Just look at the your thread about it. Did anyone at all say it looked good? NO!!! Have people said my ebay tails look fine? YES!!!! End of that story.

I would hope your interior is in good condition. All the 97+s i have seen have been prestine.

As for stock engine bay. thats not much of a bragging point.

Wrong again....not all 97+ SC's are in prestine condition. Just because its not as old as a 92 doensn't mean the first owner or second owner took very good care of it. Ummm yea the stock engine bay to me is definitely something to brag about because I take good care of it and I'm not about going fast especially when I DD the car and I'm going to school to become a doctor.

cuz it looks cheep. Case in point the soarers. You know they are missing stuff scs have right? Like a fender mount antenna and gated shifter.

I'm sure you know there are plenty of highend cars who don't have chrome trim and look good right? Same in this case. I like my chrome blacked out because it blends in much better with the rest of the windows on the car. With blacked out trim it looks like the windows is one piece which looks good to me.

you could say the exact samething about my airbag, but of course you wont since you need something to diss me on. FYI i am working on my other air bag.

Post that other airbag up PLEASE because that 3 spoke looks like complete crap and everyone will agree with me on that.

BTW no car has stock ebay altezza tail lights that are tinted. IDK how it is were you live but here in southern california anyone can easily tell they are aftermarket.

Thats the point!!! To be aftermarket!!! I like the tailights tinted since it helps to blend them into the car better. I have had plenty of people say they look fine and they are not the worst mod ever.

You want to take a mod tally? I'm well over 5,700 dollars right (not including the car) and i still havent even started on the powertrain.
Thats good for you. I have definitely spent a few grand in mods and even more on maintenance if you really want to go there. When you say not including the car you spent about what a few grand??? I spent 8500 which is most likely way more than you payed for your SC. If I wanted a cheaper SC I could have....but most likely I would have had to fix many things with it. Thats why I got one for a little more money but overall in better condition so I didn't have to fix so much just to get it runnng decent. I'm sure if you would have just waited it out you would have found one with not so many problems and that way you would have not had to fix so many problems that are with it. Not only that but I'm sure you have had your SC for longer than mine. I'm going on less than 2 years and look at where my SC is compared to yours.

At the end of the day Ryeno there is hardly a soul on this forum that will back you up and I know I got PLENTY of people who will back me in saying my ride looks just fine and is not a "ghetto fab" looking SC that you speak of. Post some pics of your car so I can see what an SC should look like please

Originally Posted by theory5150
Looks really good! Were you the one who was going to put on the spacers? If so, pics please!
Thanks for the kind commment Yea I was going to throw spacers on but it didn't work out for me so I sold them to redphoenix. Maybe again later down the road I might throw some spacers with shaved inner fenders.

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 08-02-09 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-02-09, 03:18 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Actually the only maintenance i NEEDED to have done was to replace the stock clutch which went out at 134k miles. Which i didnt even include in that estimate.

And for the record i waited 3 months to find my 92 sc300 5spd. I passed numerous other scs because i wanted that stock manual cluster. And not just that but i even passed on 2 other stock manual scs because i didn't trust the people.

For a 92 car, my car is in incredibly good condition. With the only problems being a minor dent on the rear qt panel cover (which is gone since i went 97+) and a torn up driver side seat on the left edge. Which no doubt you will get just like every other sc owner. Oh and that clutch problem which is now fixed.

Their is no way i could have waited it out and found a better sc. To get a 5spd that was still owned by the original family and not beated on is the dream of every oem 5spd guy.

Actually i got my sc back in dec of last year. and i already put 10k miles on her.

thats cool, i dont really need people to back me up.

As for a pic, well this is all i have right now.
http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/r...0708091806.jpg
Its not even done yet, still need the s2k antenna, drop, bbk installed, spoiler, supra seats, new airbag, the list gos on and on.

Also that pic is out of date, the passanger seats aren't in and i took off the front lic plate.
You know whats real funny....I look at your pic and I would say that you have a nice car and it looks good. Even if I didn't like your car I would not bash it but you obviously can't show the same respect back to me as I would by looking at your ride. Our conversation is over with man.....like I said your ride looks nice and even if it wasn't my idea of what an SC looks like I wouldn't have said all the things you did about my ride and thats that. Don't bother posting anymore in my thread since I don't need rude comments. Thanks.
Old 08-02-09, 03:27 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 381 Likes on 224 Posts

PRS's SC = Win

Ryeno's SC and gay *** comments = Lose

That's right Emil...

Last edited by ThomasGS4; 08-02-09 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-02-09, 03:36 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1UZ-SC
PRS's SC = Win

Ryeno's SC and gay *** comments = Lose
HaHa....thank you for the kind words man. I really needed that right now
Old 08-02-09, 05:44 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 381 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
HaHa....thank you for the kind words man. I really needed that right now
Hey no problem. I give credit where credit is due, and you definitely deserve it. Keep up the good work bro, and don't let those other people discourage you.

They must be jealous
Old 08-02-09, 06:07 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1UZ-SC
Hey no problem. I give credit where credit is due, and you definitely deserve it. Keep up the good work bro, and don't let those other people discourage you.

They must be jealous
It's not so much discouraging but perplexing I like constructive criticism not bashing but its ok....we are moving on

Quick Reply: Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813