Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-09, 10:13 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 383 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by ahhyes300
Lol. And he'll be back at it again in a couple of days.
nope I believe he's been banned
Old 09-20-09, 11:18 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ahhyes300
Lol. And he'll be back at it again in a couple of days.

P.R.S.22, Car looks great as always. I like how you've taken a low point (your "masochistic" tail light removal on a 97'), and turned it into a really nice finished product. When I read the first page of this thread about a year ago, I never thought your car would end up looking how it does now. Now only the Fan-boys leave negative comments about the lights. keep up the good work.
I appreciate the comment ahhyes300 I remember my first post and everyone was on me for getting rid of my 97 tails for these but that's what is so great about modding cars....everyone has their own taste and I love coming here to see what everyone else is doing with our cars.

Haha....even I'm pretty amazed at how the car has come along since I first purchased it a little over 2 years ago. I never get tired of looking at her and overall I feel has been pretty well executed. Few more things and I should be pretty content

I have seen the progress your car has made and it is coming along nicely. That bad boy must be a beast to drive but the ultimate sleeper

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
Wow... those seats are incredible. I remember them having the typical bolster wear and such... And wrinkles that turn into cracks... He did a great job!
Thanks Matt!! Yea I'm telling you I was blown away when he was done in like 5 hours....I just could not believe he could do that in only one day and I could sit in them with no problems whatsoever.

Originally Posted by captainsc
WOW! Amazing job, I could've saved so much money if I did that!
I know Taylor....believe me if I would have known about this sooner I would have posted it up for other fellow members so that they don't have to spend alot of money on new leather and just fix what they have. Thanks for the comment as always!!!

Originally Posted by 1UZ-SC
nope I believe he's been banned
Amen to that
Old 10-08-09, 06:31 AM
wrightbenz
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Thanks for the compliments guys....I really appreciate it. As long as you approve Matt that's all that matters....haha. I will probably space out the rears later but for now I'm content. Just gotta get this bad boy lower when I get some more money. It's coming along so there will be more to come

Just wondering what are the offsets on the is350 wheels? I like them and the seem to be available.

We have the same car by the way. 97 pearl.
Old 10-08-09, 09:05 AM
BigGreen
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car has come along way man, keep up all the good work. When you do the black and tan combo post some pics cause i know its gonna look sick man.

Where did you get your clear side markers from.
Old 10-08-09, 03:07 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wrightbenz
Just wondering what are the offsets on the is350 wheels? I like them and the seem to be available.

We have the same car by the way. 97 pearl.
Glad to hear another 97 pearl commenting on my ride. Truly appreciate it

Sadly I don't know the exact offset on the ISX50 rims but if you go to their forum in here and search for the offsets I know its there because I have read it before.....just a real long time ago.

Yea these rims are always available and at a great price so you can't really go wrong with them. Clean look.....18"s....and tires are not that hard to find for these. What more could you ask for??? Haha...

Originally Posted by BigGreen
Car has come along way man, keep up all the good work. When you do the black and tan combo post some pics cause i know its gonna look sick man.

Where did you get your clear side markers from.

Thank you very much for the kind words As a matter of fact I already started on the black/tan combo so I wil post pics in a little bit. Nothing much....but its a start and the rest sadly will have to wait till december/january when the christmas money comes in

Clear sidemarkers are for the GS300 off of ebay. They go for like 10 bucks shipped or something like that. You will need to dremel them down a bit in order for them to fit but I think its worth it and looks real good on the car if done right. Several threads have the write up on how to do it right the first time around.
Old 10-08-09, 04:08 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Little update on the interior....started getting what I could done for the black/tan combo. This is really the only part of the car I could do myself since the rest is going to be re-dyed by the guy who did my seats. Painted the rear view mirror and center console trim black. Volume and temp control buttons are from a real black interior.

Later when I go back home I migh re-do it again because there are some small imperfections that you can't see but I can.....I'm a bit of a perfectionist.....haha.

Better pics of the seats and center armrest as well. Here you can really tell how great a job he did. Can't wait for him to do the rest of the brown parts black!!!!

These will probably be the last updates till the end of the year.....hope you enjoy!!!

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 10-30-09 at 11:18 PM.
Old 10-09-09, 06:14 AM
wrightbenz
Rookie

Glad to hear another 97 pearl commenting on my ride. Truly appreciate it

Sadly I don't know the exact offset on the ISX50 rims but if you go to their forum in here and search for the offsets I know its there because I have read it before.....just a real long time ago.

Yea these rims are always available and at a great price so you can't really go wrong with them. Clean look.....18"s....and tires are not that hard to find for these. What more could you ask for??? Haha...

Did you use spacers on your wheels to push them out? I really like your car it gives a good idea on how my car could look.
Old 10-09-09, 07:07 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

He did not use spacers.
Old 10-09-09, 12:16 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wrightbenz
Did you use spacers on your wheels to push them out? I really like your car it gives a good idea on how my car could look.
Yea just like redphoenix said.....no spacers on the car. Just the drop and these particular rims. I like the way she sits and glad I can help you get an idea on how your ride will turn out
Old 10-09-09, 12:44 PM
captainsc
Lexus Test Driver

Both P.R.S.22 and I have the same wheels and I personally cant even use spacers on the rear until I get a roll on my rear fenders. I love the look, now just got to get them lined up nicely.
Old 10-10-09, 02:36 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Both P.R.S.22 and I have the same wheels and I personally cant even use spacers on the rear until I get a roll on my rear fenders. I love the look, now just got to get them lined up nicely.
Yea thats tru.....we could never fit spacers on without a roll on the rears but for now they look just fine where they are. Gotta get an alignment soon Taylor!!! Haha...
Old 10-11-09, 08:44 AM
captainsc
Lexus Test Driver

I finally did get one, yeah!!! Steel was showing in the fronts...FML, the tow was way off apparently and now its all fixed. It rides soo much better now too.
Old 10-11-09, 12:23 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

I finally did get one, yeah!!! Steel was showing in the fronts...FML, the tow was way off apparently and now its all fixed. It rides soo much better now too.
Haha...awesome. Glad you got the alignment all done and the car rides better than ever
Old 11-09-09, 09:53 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Allright so here is the link to the video of the carputer in action (this is for you 1UZ-SC....hahaha)....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqfYbnPAfXQ

Mind you its a bit rough since my buddy was driving the car and I'm trying to press buttons and hold the camera but you get the basic idea.

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 11-09-09 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-09-09, 09:57 PM
megamarine
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Allright so here is the link to the video of the carputer in action....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqfYbnPAfXQ

Mind you its a bit rough since my buddy was driving the car and I'm trying to press buttons and hold the camera but you get the basic idea.
Sick....

Quick Reply: Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813