Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-11, 03:11 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
So they just masked your dash interior and Dyed it in the car? Wow, that takes even more guts I think! Was this a spray or brush on?

They obviously took out the door upper trim and rear upper trim correct?
Haha...yea it was pretty ballsy of him to mask the dash and the rest of the front of the interior and dye it right then and there in the car but I trusted him. Mind you he has been in the business of automotive interior upholstery for over 30 years and has worked on some pretty high end cars (Aston Martin, Ferrari, BMW, Mercedes, etc). He even let me touch some Alcantara material that he had for some of the Lambos (amazing material by the way).

Yes the rest of the interior that you see black in my car was stripped and taken out for him to dye outside the car. I told him I would take care of taking the pieces out of the car myself since I can literally take the interior apart (minus the dash) in less than 30 minutes (probably have done it over 10 times or more).

Everything including the dash (minus the steering wheel which was dyed a different way) was dyed using a spray can of SEM landau black. We started at around 10 am and finished the car with everything back in it by 6 or 7 pm that same day. He re-wrapped my rear deck in black material to match the rest of the upper half of the car.

Honestly it was by far the best 330 dollars I ever spent on the car. Mind you the car has been dyed like this for over a year now and as you can see from my pictures it still looks like it did the day it was first dyed minus the shift **** which he told me would fade and I knew it would as well. I just need to get a real black shifter one of these days (which I have been searching for over a year) and I will be content.

The best part about dyeing the pieces is that he told me you will never have to armor all those pieces ever again. He told me to simply wipe them off with a clean towel or every now and then take a damp towel with baby soap to the pieces and thats it. Gotta love it
Old 03-31-11, 03:18 PM
Pearl300sc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good bro see u at the meet next week..
Old 03-31-11, 10:01 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Pearl300sc
looks good bro see u at the meet next week..
Thanks brotha Sounds good....definitely will see you this coming up wednesday at the meet for sure.
Old 03-31-11, 10:37 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
Forum Moderator

Received 446 Likes on 368 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Thanks brotha Yea since you look at the interior all the time when you drive the car I think it is one of the most important parts of the car to take care of. When your happy with it you feel just that much happier when you get in it and drive it
I totally agree! The interior is very important and it only makes the driving experience more fun when you have a nice interior.

Haha...yea it was pretty ballsy of him to mask the dash and the rest of the front of the interior and dye it right then and there in the car but I trusted him. Mind you he has been in the business of automotive interior upholstery for over 30 years and has worked on some pretty high end cars (Aston Martin, Ferrari, BMW, Mercedes, etc). He even let me touch some Alcantara material that he had for some of the Lambos (amazing material by the way).

Yes the rest of the interior that you see black in my car was stripped and taken out for him to dye outside the car. I told him I would take care of taking the pieces out of the car myself since I can literally take the interior apart (minus the dash) in less than 30 minutes (probably have done it over 10 times or more).

Everything including the dash (minus the steering wheel which was dyed a different way) was dyed using a spray can of SEM landau black. We started at around 10 am and finished the car with everything back in it by 6 or 7 pm that same day. He re-wrapped my rear deck in black material to match the rest of the upper half of the car.

Honestly it was by far the best 330 dollars I ever spent on the car. Mind you the car has been dyed like this for over a year now and as you can see from my pictures it still looks like it did the day it was first dyed minus the shift **** which he told me would fade and I knew it would as well. I just need to get a real black shifter one of these days (which I have been searching for over a year) and I will be content.

The best part about dyeing the pieces is that he told me you will never have to armor all those pieces ever again. He told me to simply wipe them off with a clean towel or every now and then take a damp towel with baby soap to the pieces and thats it. Gotta love it
I need to find an interior guy to do my car. Did you leave the headliner tan or did you change it?
Old 04-01-11, 01:00 AM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

did you paint the steering wheel plastic cover and center console trim or did you just buy them separate?
Old 04-01-11, 03:07 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kira X
I totally agree! The interior is very important and it only makes the driving experience more fun when you have a nice interior.

I need to find an interior guy to do my car. Did you leave the headliner tan or did you change it?
Yea finding a good interior guy is really key. They can get the job done much better than the average person....and if their prices are right it can be done for a fair price.

The headliner is still tan for now. My interior guy at the time wanted me to go with black suede for the headliner but I just didn't have the money at the time to do it. It could be a possibility down the road but for now I'm happy with everything in the interior.

Originally Posted by iridebmx
did you paint the steering wheel plastic cover and center console trim or did you just buy them separate?
Not sure what you mean by the steering wheel plastic cover iridebmx but everything you see in the car that is black minus the volume/temp ***** and seat belts were either dyed black or spray painted black. The center console trim that is black was spray painted by me personally with a can of flat black paint. Heck I spray painted the seat belt buckles and the rear view mirror too.

I just can't justify spending money on parts I already have and the only problem is the color. You can make almost any piece on a car the color you want it to be minus those parts that have lettering on them. Plus if you buy OEM black pieces you will never re sell your tan pieces. Everyone has them and nobody needs them IMO.
Old 04-15-11, 09:41 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Just posting up some pics of the latest acquisitions to the car to finish up the exterior. Custom clear/red tails from Japan thanks to Kohinoor. Thanks again man!

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 05-20-13 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-15-11, 09:54 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^^looks nice
Old 04-15-11, 10:27 PM
boostinsc
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

looking good
Old 04-16-11, 12:24 AM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

E, the tails look good, but is there a slight tint to the top clear part of them??

imo they would look better if they were not tinted, so that the upper part of the lights can kind of "blend-in" with your trunk.
Old 04-16-11, 12:40 AM
RjBLayz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it. Different for sure.
Old 04-16-11, 09:07 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
Forum Moderator

Received 446 Likes on 368 Posts
Smile

Yea finding a good interior guy is really key. They can get the job done much better than the average person....and if their prices are right it can be done for a fair price.

The headliner is still tan for now. My interior guy at the time wanted me to go with black suede for the headliner but I just didn't have the money at the time to do it. It could be a possibility down the road but for now I'm happy with everything in the interior.
That's true. I was thinking about doing black suede for my headliner as well. How much did he quote you on the headliner?

Just posting up some pics of the latest acquisitions to the car to finish up the exterior. Custom clear/red tails from Japan thanks to Kohinoor. Thanks again man!
They look good. Are they actual 92 tails or 95+ with 92 covers?

Did you buy the from Kohinoor?
Old 04-16-11, 11:38 AM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those custom tails were a GREAT choice. Post up some pics in the daylight of different angles when you have the chance, maybe showing down the whole side of the car from a rear quarter angle view, side view of the tails, etc. Again, SO MUCH better than junk circle Altezza tails, even if they were blacked out (which reminded me of GTS taillight covers from back in the day.)

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 04-16-11 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-16-11, 02:20 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2BENVD
^^looks nice
Thanks 2BENVD

Originally Posted by boostinsc
looking good
Appreciate the compliment boostinsc

Originally Posted by MIGS
E, the tails look good, but is there a slight tint to the top clear part of them??

imo they would look better if they were not tinted, so that the upper part of the lights can kind of "blend-in" with your trunk.
Thanks bro Yea the tint you speak of is actually the plastic plexi glass that is actually covering the top portion of the tails. It reflexes light around it but if you notice on the driver tailight that problem is not there. I will tell you more about it in person since its kinda interesting what I did and a bit crazy as well

Believe me I don't like the tint either so I came up with a solution that was a bit ballsy you might say.

Originally Posted by KB24MVP
I like it. Different for sure.
Thanks KB24MVP I have definitely never seen another set of these tailights anywhere here on CL and definitely not on any SC in the states so I just had to jump on these fast when I had the chance....even if I was a little short on money to get them....haha

Gave my ride a completely different look from the ebay tails I had on before.

Originally Posted by Kira X
That's true. I was thinking about doing black suede for my headliner as well. How much did he quote you on the headliner?

They look good. Are they actual 92 tails or 95+ with 92 covers?

Did you buy the from Kohinoor?
For the headliner in suede I believe he told me like 150 to get it done.....which I thought was a fair price and I knew it would have came out great. Just didn't have the money for it at the time.

Thanks for the compliment on the tails Kira X Honestly I'm still trying to figure out how these tailights were made The bottom red part says it is genuine Toyota but I know the top plexi glass is aftermarket, but the internals of the tails are OEM. Its a pretty crazy setup but whoever made them did an amazing job to say the least. They look almost completely OEM.

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
Those custom tails were a GREAT choice. Post up some pics in the daylight of different angles when you have the chance, maybe showing down the whole side of the car from a rear quarter angle view, side view of the tails, etc. Again, SO MUCH better than junk circle Altezza tails, even if they were blacked out (which reminded me of GTS taillight covers from back in the day.)
Haha...thanks UZZ-TT No doubt about it these look ten times better than my old setup. Believe me....I didn't want to keep the Altezza tails forever, but at the same time I didn't see anything out there that was either better or one off that satisfied me. Once I saw these I knew they were meant for my ride. I think they have the perfect blend of clear/red that I was looking for and also one of a kind too.

I will definitely take some more pics of the tails in different angles when I get a chance. Need to clean the car soon and then maybe do another small photoshoot with my real camera somewhere local to show off the new look.
Old 04-27-11, 04:23 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey what's up man! I just browsed through every single page of your build! And I really think what you did with your car is awsome! It's kinda like the build I'm aiming for mine! The only things I would differ is the conversion of interior to black, grill(I really hate the grill on SC's, just my opinion, it kinda takes out the Dodge Viper look of SC), never been a fan of chins, blacked out emblems and aftermarket tail lights! But all in all it's kinda like the look I'm aiming for just in a different approach! Love it man! And oh, the carputers a bit too much for me, but its pretty cool..

Quick Reply: Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813