Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-11, 08:54 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kingphilip
Hey what's up man! I just browsed through every single page of your build! And I really think what you did with your car is awsome! It's kinda like the build I'm aiming for mine! The only things I would differ is the conversion of interior to black, grill(I really hate the grill on SC's, just my opinion, it kinda takes out the Dodge Viper look of SC), never been a fan of chins, blacked out emblems and aftermarket tail lights! But all in all it's kinda like the look I'm aiming for just in a different approach! Love it man! And oh, the carputers a bit too much for me, but its pretty cool..
Haha...I'm glad you were able to look through my thread and see the evolution of my ride I appreciate all the comments. For now the black/tan interior will have to do until I can go full black conversion sometime down the road. I like the grill on the 97+ SCs since it adds a bit more luxury compared to the pre-97 bumpers which are a more sporty look IMO. Blacked out emblems are to stay with the whole black/white exterior combo. I actually have to redue the emblems since there are some minor chips on them which are starting to annoy me a bit. The ebay tails were just a temporary solution until I finally got these new JDM tails I really wanted. I think the new tails go really well with the overall back of the SC the best besides a set of 95 tails IMO. Honestly the carputer was a bit overkill but I still enjoy it to this day and everyone is always interested in it when they see the car for the first time....good conversation piece.

Again I appreciate all the comments and look forward to your progress on your ride. If your going for something similar to this but with your own personal style I know it will turn out awesome! Goodluck and happy modding

Oh and some more pics of the tails from different views....

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 11-02-13 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-12-11, 08:45 AM
DJ XO
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice build. Thanks for sharing
Old 10-12-11, 10:41 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DJ XO
Very nice build. Thanks for sharing
Thank you for looking DJ XO Really appreciate it.

Big change up front as of yesterday but I will wait to post pics of it on Sunday when the car is in a more presentable condition....haha.
Old 10-12-11, 03:41 PM
DJ XO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Thank you for looking DJ XO Really appreciate it.

Big change up front as of yesterday but I will wait to post pics of it on Sunday when the car is in a more presentable condition....haha.
Yes sir! Can't wait till I get my lip. Seeing this thread further confused me as to wether to paint my lip MIP, or leave it a Satan black. Lol. Thanks alot, its all your fault. Yours looked good both ways with the old lip.
Old 10-12-11, 04:48 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Yes sir! Can't wait till I get my lip. Seeing this thread further confused me as to wether to paint my lip MIP, or leave it a Satan black. Lol. Thanks alot, its all your fault. Yours looked good both ways with the old lip.
Hey no problem....thats why I'm here....haha You will love the lip....trust me Since the Fujin lip attaches onto the existing bottom portion of the front bumper I would say paint it to match your SC.

My old lip was attached to the very bottom of the front bumper so it would have looked fine leaving it either flat black or painted to match. The flat black looked more sporty IMO and the painted to match looked more luxurious. Either way I don't think you can really go wrong when yours comes in and will turn out great in the end
Old 10-12-11, 08:18 PM
DJ XO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Hey no problem....thats why I'm here....haha You will love the lip....trust me Since the Fujin lip attaches onto the existing bottom portion of the front bumper I would say paint it to match your SC
I hadn't considered that. You make a great point. MIP paint it is. It just might look silly in black, since it goes over instead of underneath.
Old 10-12-11, 08:25 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 431 Likes on 355 Posts

I can't wait to see the new lip man. It's going to look great!
Old 10-12-11, 08:28 PM
IN2LXUAL
Driver

nice build so far!
Old 10-13-11, 12:20 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

I hadn't considered that. You make a great point. MIP paint it is. It just might look silly in black, since it goes over instead of underneath.
Hey at the end of the day it's your call brotha I know it's going to look great either which way and you will absolutely love it! As always post up pics as soon as you can with the new lip on your SC...can't wait to see it on your ride.

Originally Posted by Kira X
I can't wait to see the new lip man. It's going to look great!
Haha...thanks Kira X Just a few more days and the world will be introduced to the very first Fujin VIP lip completely installed and painted on a 97 SC Oh and I know I'm a few days late but congrats on becoming a mod on here Could not have picked a better person in the SC community

Originally Posted by IN2LXUAL
nice build so far!
Thank you IN2LXUAL Really appreciate it. Stay tuned and I will have some pics by Sunday of the latest transformation in my build
Old 10-13-11, 05:25 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

hey man your car sure has come a long way...I still remember the days when you sued to rock the IS wheels
Old 10-13-11, 10:22 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kaydee
hey man your car sure has come a long way...I still remember the days when you sued to rock the IS wheels
Appreciate the kind words Kaydee I feel like you have been lying low for awhile now. You either are simply enjoying your SC or maybe you secretly have big plans in store for the near future....haha

Yea I kinda miss those days of rocking the IS wheels. I remember when I put them on for the first time and thought that my SC was soooo amazing. Now after more time has passed I don't think I could be any more happier with how she currently looks today. For me thats what its all about....seeing the transformation of your ride in all its stages and finally reaching that long lost goal you had envisioned all along from the very beginning. I hope everyone is enjoying their particular journey as much as I am
Old 10-14-11, 03:00 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

hey haha I have been laying low because I sold my car and moved to Shanghai. The only Lexus in my life belongs to other people as they try to run me over during my morning, afternoon, leisure commute.

but yeah keep up the good work, it's always nice to see how everyone is doing.
Old 10-14-11, 10:24 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kaydee
hey haha I have been laying low because I sold my car and moved to Shanghai. The only Lexus in my life belongs to other people as they try to run me over during my morning, afternoon, leisure commute.

but yeah keep up the good work, it's always nice to see how everyone is doing.
Wow another Sandstone SC gone from CL....but I'm sure somewhere down the line another SC will be in your future I do remember you saying you were going to Shanghai but I thought it was to visit and then come back to Canada. Must have been that good....haha.

Always wanted to visit Shanghai and I plan to eventually some day. I'm sure those Lexus owners over there are just trying to show you some Shanghai love...haha

Really appreciate the kind words and will definitely keep things going with my SC over here. Good to see current and former SC owners still come back to CL to see how things are going on here
Old 10-16-11, 10:55 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

So update time to my build thread. As you all may or may not know, I was fortunate enough to be the first to get the new Fujin VIP Polyurethane lip for the 97+ SC. I took a few picks of when it came in the mail to me on Oct. 7th. Can't thank RideSkinz enough for this precious item!

Like Christmas all over....haha

The lip out and opened up for the first time after being folded in the box.

Today I finally got around to taking pics a few hours ago of the lip on the car....BEHOLD!!!!! Haha....if your not convinced about this lip then I don't know what to tell you. It was my first time seeing the car all cleaned up with the lip from a distance and I have to say.....I'm lovin this look! Enjoy!

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 06-17-13 at 11:20 PM.
Old 10-16-11, 10:58 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Also needed to add some updated pics of my interior with the black vinyl wood in it. Best couple of bucks I may have ever spent on the car!

Hope you all enjoy all the latest and greatest that has been added to my build as of late!

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 12-09-12 at 10:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813