Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-11, 12:50 AM
RideSkinz
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, so I know your car is super clean and you've done an amazing job, but I can't help notice that your seats have absolutely no wear nor tear.. either your never sit in your car or your as light as a feather lol.
Old 10-17-11, 10:18 AM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't explain how much better your new lip looks hated your old one lol
Old 10-17-11, 10:26 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RideSkinz
Man, so I know your car is super clean and you've done an amazing job, but I can't help notice that your seats have absolutely no wear nor tear.. either your never sit in your car or your as light as a feather lol.
Appreciate the compliment brotha I'm pretty light but not that light The seats were re-dyed a few years ago. He basically took out all the worn out marks and smoothed out the seats. Not sure exactly how he did it but he has a huge reputation in the Tampa area so I had to give it a try and see for myself. Could not be more happier with my seats looking practically brand new....haha.

Originally Posted by 2BENVD
Can't explain how much better your new lip looks hated your old one lol
Haha...thanks 2BENVD Man it sounds like you really had a dislike for the old lip I know I could have made it fit better than it did so I think that was partly to blame. Also I knew it would not be the final lip for the car so I just needed the temporary look until I could get something like this on my SC. Thankfully it happened sooner than I had expected
Old 10-17-11, 10:31 AM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can only hope my SC looks as good as yours some day.
Old 10-17-11, 12:37 PM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

The new lip looks pretty good. In my opinion it hangs angles out too much at some angles. But your happy with it and thats all that matters.

I like the new black woodgrain addition. Where did you get it from or sent it in to?
Old 10-17-11, 07:59 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MattStarr
I can only hope my SC looks as good as yours some day.
I appreciate the kind words MattStarr From what I have seen in your resent thread it looks like you are off to a great start and the SC is really coming along nicely (red is sooo sexy by the way...haha). Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing more progress on your ride

Originally Posted by eyeSOARER6
The new lip looks pretty good. In my opinion it hangs angles out too much at some angles. But your happy with it and thats all that matters.

I like the new black woodgrain addition. Where did you get it from or sent it in to?
Thanks eyeSOARER6 Yea it is a bit flared out sort of at the very ends of it but nothing too drastic IMO to take away from the look of the SC. I couldn't be any more happier with the lip

I got the black woodgrain from ebay. I'm pretty sure I made a separate thread on it as far as exactly what I typed on ebay to get it but so far me and eliteskill have it in both of our SCs. Search in the SC section typing black wood grain vinyl and you should find either my thread or eliteskill's thread on it if your interested in getting some.
Old 10-17-11, 08:01 PM
lexiSC4
Driver

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by eyeSOARER6

Mad props! From how u started to now WOW!
Im new to this lexus forum....

Im also wondering the same thing as SOARER6... where dod u get the black woodgrain from?
Old 10-18-11, 07:14 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexiSC4
Mad props! From how u started to now WOW!
Im new to this lexus forum....

Im also wondering the same thing as SOARER6... where dod u get the black woodgrain from?
Haha....thank you lexiSC4 Yea the car has come a loooonngg way since I first got it. Hard for me to really remember it as it was when I first got it but I do still remember getting the keys for the first time and driving it home....I had the biggest smile the whole way back

You and I posted almost literally at the same time as my last post so as I told SOARER6 there is a thread I made about the black wood vinyl. Just literally search using those words and it will come up. As a matter of fact someone else on the forum replied to it sometime today so its either on the first page of the SC section or the second page.
Old 10-24-11, 12:11 PM
lexiSC4
Driver

ok thank you i will look into it!

off subject but how do yall put those pictures on the bottom of each post u put of ur car?
and also like on the side of the post under ur name???
i am a newbe on here sorry!!!
Old 10-24-11, 11:13 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexiSC4
ok thank you i will look into it!

off subject but how do yall put those pictures on the bottom of each post u put of ur car?
and also like on the side of the post under ur name???
i am a newbe on here sorry!!!
Check your settings when you look at your PMs. On the left side of your screen you will see several options that deal with editing your signature (which is what you see on the bottom of my post where a pic of my car is listing all its mods) and editing your avatar (pic of a generic SC under my username) From there you can upload pics and they will show up when you post. In order to do these signatures they have to be a certain file size in order to show up which kind of gets complicated to explain.

Check out the photoshop section of CL and you can request for someone to make you your very own signature with your car in it if you like

Believe me we were all noobies at one time or another so its all good
Old 10-25-11, 05:08 AM
lithium14
Driver

SC looks amazing!! I will be picking mine up on Wednesday, it's a black one, and I plan on doing a full black out of the car. Gonna have to get back to you on how you blacked out the chrome trim, and like you, I may have to temporarily use the ebay tails until I find the perfect setup. I will start a thread once I pick up the SC400.

anyways, good job man!!
Old 10-25-11, 06:20 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lithium14
SC looks amazing!! I will be picking mine up on Wednesday, it's a black one, and I plan on doing a full black out of the car. Gonna have to get back to you on how you blacked out the chrome trim, and like you, I may have to temporarily use the ebay tails until I find the perfect setup. I will start a thread once I pick up the SC400.

anyways, good job man!!
Thanks for the love lithium14 Congrats to you on your purchase of an SC! Be prepared to spend a ton of money on it Haha....but its all good as long as you have fun and enjoy the journey.

If you are interested in how I blacked out the chrome trim around the windows I made a thread on it. Search "vinyl trim" in the SC section and I'm sure it will pop up in the results.

Hey no shame in the ebay tails from me I rocked them even when everyone was giving me crap about them but oh well....it was all for the best in order to find this current setup I have now which is what I was looking for all these years.

Look forward to seeing your thread on your SC400 and if you have any other questions about my ride at any time don't hesitate to ask
Old 11-30-11, 07:47 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Really just a reference for myself but none the less still needs to get posted so I can check back to when I actually got these tailights done this way. Last weekend I finished painting the top half of the 92-94 tails in translucent red to match the bottom half. Came out really good if I do say so myself. I have really grown quite fond of this look and I'm pretty surprised there are not more guys on here who have done this to there 92-94 tails. Literally takes a good hour on the weekend and your all set. Pics of finished product:

Product used to get the look. Only costs about 14 bucks at AutoZone:

Only put 2 light coats on each tailight about 6 inches away from the tailights. Also make sure to cover the rest of the bottom half so you don't overspray onto the good part. Any more than 2 coats and your going to have the top darker than the bottom.

Only reason why I have these is because the other set of custom clear/red tails I have on the car have a minor condensation problem with excessive rain. So what I decided was to run these all red tails during the summer when its pouring rain here in Florida everyday (since they have no sealing problems and have never been opened)...then switch back to the clear/red tails when the whether turns cooler in the fall/spring or for car shows and events. Only spent 70 bucks total in the all red tails so can't really complain.

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 12-08-11 at 10:26 PM.
Old 11-30-11, 09:32 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

I like the red tails. I need to get an extra set of tails to try this on.
Old 12-01-11, 02:48 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kira X
I like the red tails. I need to get an extra set of tails to try this on.
Thanks as always Kira Yea the red tails for me seem like a pretty safe bet and something you would expect to find from the factory which is what I'm all for.

Quick Reply: Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813