Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-12, 09:39 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes yes.....another reference for myself really. Just installed some 5000K HIDs for the low beams. Pretty happy so far with them. Wanted as close to white as I could get so I think it turned out allright. Pics of HIDs on and the cutoff.

Old 02-02-12, 10:01 PM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dude, i want to mold that front lip to my '92 bumper so bad, its killing me.

i just cant bring myself to dishing out the money just to hack that beautiful lip up though
Old 02-03-12, 09:54 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MIGS
dude, i want to mold that front lip to my '92 bumper so bad, its killing me.

i just cant bring myself to dishing out the money just to hack that beautiful lip up though
I'd say do it just because of the fact you will be the only one in the WORLD with that setup on a pre-97 bumper and since its poly it will be able to handle all the abuse you would put it through.

Plus if you ever wanted to sell it you would definitely get your money back just for the exclusivity of the lip itself. Win win in my eyes Oh and I just really want to see it on your ride
Old 05-10-12, 04:12 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks really good I'm loving the black on beige setup I want to do that to my interior but I'm always stuck under the hood..lol... Hopefully on it soon!

But what's the next move for your car?
Old 05-10-12, 08:10 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BAD954BOI
Looks really good I'm loving the black on beige setup I want to do that to my interior but I'm always stuck under the hood..lol... Hopefully on it soon!

But what's the next move for your car?
Thank you very much for the kind words BAD954BOI I really do love the black/tan setup on a white SC. Looks clean and sporty enough in my eyes.

Honestly now that you mention it I was going to keep it a surprise but I'm looking into boost I feel its really the only thing missing now so I'm looking to see what route I want to go. As always I will keep CL up to date with my plans as they unfold.
Old 08-08-12, 08:01 PM
shocku992
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've gota ask, could you get me a little info on how you put a good looking sub in the back? Everything I've read said I needed to go with a box in the trunk. By the way, you have a Beautiful car! It's quite inspirational and given me a few ideas for mine. Especially getting rid of the brown on the interior!

Thanks

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Old 08-13-12, 07:26 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by shocku992
I've gota ask, could you get me a little info on how you put a good looking sub in the back? Everything I've read said I needed to go with a box in the trunk. By the way, you have a Beautiful car! It's quite inspirational and given me a few ideas for mine. Especially getting rid of the brown on the interior!

Thanks
Sorry for the late reply back shocku992....just finished up my finals for grad school and was literally studying every waking second I could get! But now I have some time off which means taking care of some odd ends in the SC

First off welcome to CL and thanks for the compliments on my ride Its been 4 years in the making but I'm very pleased with where the car is at today, but eventually there is more in store for the car in several more years after grad school is over. I'm glad I could be of inspiration to you and hopefully you will enjoy your SC as much as I enjoy mine.

To answer your question any shallow mounted sub will fit in the stock sub area. Biggest that will fit in the stock sub area is a 10" which is what you see in my SC. Specifically the sub in my rear deck is a Pioneer TS-W252R. Probably old now but it was new when I bought it several years ago and does its job very well. You could even potentially fit a full blown regular sub in the stock location but take measurements as to how much clearance you have from the bottom of the sub to the gas tank. If the magnet is too long it will hit the gas tank which equals no bueno

The only thing to remember is that you will have to take a piece of thin wood (maybe like 1/4 to 1/5" thick?) or particle board, cut out a hole for the new sub to fit and sit on top of, and then place this in the stock sub location. Just placing the new sub alone will not work because the holes and everything will not line up. Place the piece of wood there and then place the new sub on top of it and you will be all set to go. Oh and remember to re-upholster your rear deck as well to cover the wood and just display the sub. If you have any other questions feel free to ask away and I hope you enjoy your time here on CL
Old 08-19-12, 07:26 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

So last Thursday I was able to install an Injen intake on my 97 SC300. For years it has been a bit unclear as to whether or not this intake would fit on a 97 non VVTI SC and I can say now beyond a shadow of a doubt it fits with no issues. I decided to paint it Matte Black since it goes with the rest of the car and it was originally blue which was not going to work. Couple of key points to note:

-You will need an extra coupler (or maybe you will get one if you ever buy it from someone) in order to attach the original Injen coupler to the MAF of the 97 SC. Reason I say this is because the Injen coupler is not the right size so it won't fit correctly (See pics below)

-You will need extra clamps in order to make sure this thing won't come apart when driving (I would say an extra 2 since you will re-use the ones already on your car and maybe you will get some with your intake kit)

-The power steering sensor hose from your stock SC will not be long enough to reach the whole on the Injen intake as well as it is not the right size to fit on the Injen intake. You will need to buy some extra hose to fit on top of the stock power steering sensor hose which will also fit just fine on the hose connector on the Injen intake (Again see pics below)

-The MAF on the 97 SC fits perfect on the 3" filter directly. Just put a clamp over this area and you are set to go (See pics below)

Keep in mind I did this purely for asthetic purposes and no real functional use. I already know the Injen intake does not really add HP or anything like that so no need to remind me. Got a really good deal for it and no other plans for this motor anytime in the near future. Once grad school is over in 2 years then a whole new motor will get dropped in (Maybe GTE or NA-T). For now I am happy with the results so could not have asked for anything more.

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 12-09-12 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-19-12, 07:29 PM
snook
Racer

You can use some black paint for a grill to brush onto the radiator, will make it fit in nicer.
Old 08-19-12, 10:03 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

The intake looks clean, good call on the black paint. However your radiator looks poo poo brown lol.
Old 08-20-12, 05:23 AM
moosejaw2
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just buy a Mishimoto Radiator with a fan for the Auto Tranny
That radiator has a short shelf life.
Old 08-20-12, 07:01 AM
kanderson
Driver

The radiators turn that color before they start to seep. Just keep an eye on it over the next few months. Your car still looks great!! One of the best looking SC's on the forum sir!
Old 08-20-12, 09:11 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by snook
You can use some black paint for a grill to brush onto the radiator, will make it fit in nicer.
I hear what your saying snook. I am fine with the radiator just the way it is. Doesn't really bother me at all really.

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
The intake looks clean, good call on the black paint. However your radiator looks poo poo brown lol.
Thanks Lance! I think the intake looks pretty stock looking in the engine which is just the way I wanted it to look. I'm pleased with the results. Haha...hey now that radiator is working just fine thank you very much Believe me I just spent 1200 bucks last week in repairs on the car for basic maintenance (timing belt, water pump, fixed power steering and fixed oil leak). If the radiator was bad my mechanic would have told me but I will keep my eye out on it

Originally Posted by moosejaw2
Just buy a Mishimoto Radiator with a fan for the Auto Tranny
That radiator has a short shelf life.
Thanks for the advice moosejaw2 I will definitely keep in mind the Mishimoto Radiator just in case the OEM radiator decides to go.

Originally Posted by kanderson
The radiators turn that color before they start to seep. Just keep an eye on it over the next few months. Your car still looks great!! One of the best looking SC's on the forum sir!
Thanks for the advice kanderson I will definitely keep an eye out on the radiator to see if its on its way out or not. Believe me its been that way for quite some time and the car has not had any issues with it yet. I appreciate the compliments Not sure if its one of the best looking on the forum but I'll take it....haha. Plenty of amazing SCs on this forum so just trying to hang in there.
Old 10-06-12, 03:57 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

So yesterday I received in the mail some custom SC side mirror covers from a fellow member here on the forums. I can't thank DWPsc3 enough for these beautiful side mirror covers. It was fate for me to pick them up simply because they were already in DWP to begin with....so I had to have them....haha. I think they just further update the exterior of the car more and more. I have seen them alot on the JDM Soarers and Ebay used to sell the side mirror covers but then even those ran out too. I got lucky on these. Here are some pics of me freshening them up and then placed actually on the car.....enjoy!

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 06-17-13 at 11:21 PM.
Old 10-06-12, 07:25 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

Been a while since you updated this thread. Car is looking great as always!

Quick Reply: Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813