Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-13, 10:28 AM
USMC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just finished reading from the beginning up to now and wanted to say thanks for taking the time to share your build.

It seems too often, I read all the excitement someone has when they first get their SC, and all the mods they want to do and some try to tackle the whole thing all at once, others try to stick to an unrealistic timeline, some just stall out and one day you read that they've sold the car and moved on.

I don't think any car is ever really "finished". Those of us that really love them, drive them, tinker on them, improve them (in our eyes anyway), we show them, collect them, compare them, and most importantly: we enjoy them.

It's nice to have watched your car progress through it's journey and how even when confronted with negativity, you stuck to your goals and didn't let it daunt you. I also like how you responded to the negativity with positivity and set a positive example for others, both by your actions as well as your words. There are some on here that only seem to be able to spout the negative, never offering a positive comment or even a constructive comment (probably the same ones who try to impose their religious or political beliefs on others too).

It's refreshing to read through your build. There are a lot of other forums that have a very negative view of this forum because of all the bickering and tearing down of each others cars and ideas. Your build is one of the reasons I still come here.

There are a lot of good people here, but you Sir are one of the best and you deserve a big "Thank You!" for taking the time to share your passion, and for your dedication and professional attitude.

Thank You!

PS: I love how your car has turned out as well as watching your willingness to put your ideas out there. No great thing was ever accomplished without some trial and errors. You have a right to be very proud of your car.
Old 07-10-13, 02:02 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

USMC,

Thank you for such a positive post! I'm glad you have enjoyed reading my build from the beginning up to now. I agree many SC owners have high expectations and want to do everything at once and sometimes give up on the car. I am completely the opposite and never plan on getting rid of this car ever. It's my first car and will always have a special place with me. Plus its not worth anything so I might as well go all out over a long period of time. Believe me....I haven't even started the real work on this car yet. As soon as I finish my doctorate program next year this car will look completely different. And the best part is I will continue to drive it almost daily in order to enjoy all the mods I do to it.

There will always be negativity about anything in life but the key is to not let it get to you and always have a positive outlook. There are too many others who are going through even worse situations and cars are just a hobby at the end of the day. I'm always willing to give constructive criticism in order to help others....not break them.

I'm glad that my build keeps you coming back to CL. I honestly love this forum and even though there are some who bring it down, there are others who are a great example of what this community is all about.

I want to thank you again for all the positive comments in your reply. I will continue to post my future plans with my SC for others to see. Whether it receives positive or negative criticism is allright with me....at the end of the day I am very proud of the way the car has turned out up to this point and I cannot wait to continue making progress on my build.
Old 07-15-13, 08:36 AM
kanderson
Driver

Do you have any new pictures of your car. Would like to see some new updated pictures!!
Old 07-16-13, 02:47 PM
SANDSTONE
Driver School Candidate

Wow great progress, I like the new tail lights great addition! Can't wait to see what's next
Old 07-17-13, 02:06 AM
wrivera283
Driver School Candidate

Is your windshield tinted? I really love those mirrors by the way
Old 07-17-13, 09:26 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kanderson
Do you have any new pictures of your car. Would like to see some new updated pictures!!
Ask and you shall receive.....haha. These pictures are at my detail job after work yesterday. I'm always impressed at how well my dyed interior has held up these past several years. Honestly it still looks exactly the same as it did the very first day I got it done. I would always recommend everyone who has a clean interior go with professional dye job to save both time, money, and extra parts lying around.

Originally Posted by SANDSTONE
Wow great progress, I like the new tail lights great addition! Can't wait to see what's next
Thank you for the compliment SANDSTONE I like the tail lights as well. I like them so much that I don't have them on the car at all times and have my all red out 92s on there daily. I'm afraid someone is going to rear end me and break them....haha. So I only break them out for shows. Funny enough I may buy another set of taillights from Kohinoor, but this time 97+ LED taillights. I'm literally trying to get almost every look possible for the taillights. After that I have to wait till next August when I graduate from my doctorate program to really build one of the best SCs ever. I plan on sparing no expense in order to build my version of SC perfection

Originally Posted by wrivera283
Is your windshield tinted? I really love those mirrors by the way
Thank you for the compliment wrivera I love the mirrors too It's probably one of my favorite purchases for my SC to date. I have honestly been looking for a set of these ever since I joined CL and after all these years I finally found them. On the subject of my windshield it is completely stock with no tint. It may just look dark due to the lighting in the pictures. I have thought about tinting the windshield since its blazing hot in Florida but I don't need to be getting tickets anytime soon...haha.

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 11-20-14 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07-22-13, 08:38 AM
kanderson
Driver

Just my opinion that your SC is one of the best looking coupe's around. Tastefully done sir! A pleasure to view your car. As always keep your updates coming.
Old 07-28-13, 09:20 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Just my opinion that your SC is one of the best looking coupe's around. Tastefully done sir! A pleasure to view your car. As always keep your updates coming.
I appreciate the kind words kanderson There is still so much I want to do with the SC but just have to wait till I graduate from grad school in a year and go from there. There are still some small items I may get done along the way and I will definitely continue to share my progress with the CL community throughout
Old 10-10-13, 09:24 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Minor update.....mostly for myself to account for when this was done as I look back over the years to see the progress of the SC. Purchased black window switches from a fellow member here on CL for a good price that I could not pass up. I will eventually go full black interior anyways and there are certain pieces I need to buy in order to complete the setup.....specifically any parts that have lettering on them.

So far I am trying to get used to this look but I think it still works as it is right now in my interior since I do have the black wood vinyl along with other black interior parts to compliment these window switches. I am still happy with the purchase and just wanted to post some pics for reference sake. I also repainted my rear black emblems with plastidip that worked very well. First time using the product and so far I am pleased with the results. Also replaced my license plate bulbs since one of them went out with another set of white LED bulbs from superbrightleds. No pics of those since I already had them done to the car previously. Now on to the pics....

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 10-23-13 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10-14-13, 05:59 AM
kanderson
Driver

I like te tan and black combination!! Keep up the good work.
Old 10-14-13, 09:51 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

I like the tan and black combination!! Keep up the good work.
Thanks for the compliments as always kanderson I'm starting to like the black window switches more and more each day I see them in the car.

I actually have one more mod that I'm working on that pertains to the dildomatic shifter but we will see when I have time to actually experiment more with that idea. I have all the parts that I need for the car but I need specific tools only my dad has and I don't travel back home as often as I used to before. Hopefully in the next few months I will have some more progress to post
Old 01-29-14, 01:21 PM
Shrugy
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I LOVE the interior combo.

What I am wondering tho, is why did you remove your Gated Shifter and swap it with a pre 97 shifter?

I plan to do the EXACT thing with my interior.

What parts did you dye? Like did you remove the top dash and dye it ? Or did you just replace it with OEM black interior stuff?

Last edited by Shrugy; 01-29-14 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-29-14, 09:36 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Shrugy
I LOVE the interior combo.

What I am wondering tho, is why did you remove your Gated Shifter and swap it with a pre 97 shifter?

I plan to do the EXACT thing with my interior.

What parts did you dye? Like did you remove the top dash and dye it ? Or did you just replace it with OEM black interior stuff?
Thank you for the kind words Shrugy To answer your questions this SC is a 97 so the shifter is stock for this car. Believe me I wish I had a gated shifter but I actually have something in the works to fix that problem.

I think this color combo looks great on a DWP SC. The black and tan make a nice combination. Everything in the car is dyed with the exception of the floor mats, ***** shifter, window switches, and center armrest. Everything else is dyed. Dash was done inside the car by a professional. Not easy but it can be done.

Latest acquisition to the ride is an OEM black center armrest I received a few days ago. Doesn't look too bad but it was a look I wanted to try. More for a reference for me than anything else but hopefully I will have some other minor mods in the next few months.

Old 02-25-14, 10:45 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Just hit a major milestone two days ago....finally she hit 200k! It's been quite the journey and I cannot wait to continue racking up the miles on this beauty for many years to come. Another acquisition is in the mail as we speak and I will be posting pics of it hopefully by next Tuesday.

Old 02-26-14, 01:54 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Are your front clear side markers Vertex?

Quick Reply: Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813