Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

I'm Jenn, and this is my IS :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-08, 10:55 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The reason why I went with D70s (first camera) rather than the XTi was the feel of Nikon. It felt like it was higher quality even though the price is the same. XSi might be different though. The only Canon I would only buy is the 1D series :droool:
Yeah rolling shots are usually lowest ISO you can go. Unless it's at night, which is hard to do.

Have fun!
Old 09-07-08, 04:15 AM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool pics! I need to get a good camera..
Old 09-07-08, 05:41 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

"have faith; will travel."

no one's leaving until the 19th (or the 20th), so still plenty of time to sign up.

and even if you don't get to make it, check out the socal CL section. plenty of general mayhem... i mean... meets and get-togethers going on.

again, welcome to CL, and fight on!
Old 09-08-08, 09:19 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by nabbun
Welcome! Lovely IS you've got there.

Working for Scion Corporate must have good pay =D

Off the topic....but I hear Scion is not doing so well these days. But, neither are many of the other manufacturers.
Old 09-08-08, 10:23 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From your sig you had a 06 is350? What happen to it?
Old 09-08-08, 02:12 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
"have faith; will travel."

no one's leaving until the 19th (or the 20th), so still plenty of time to sign up.

and even if you don't get to make it, check out the socal CL section. plenty of general mayhem... i mean... meets and get-togethers going on.

again, welcome to CL, and fight on!
oh yeah, I've been in the SoCal CL section already I'm quick like that

MrMark Quote:
Originally Posted by nabbun
Welcome! Lovely IS you've got there.

Working for Scion Corporate must have good pay =D

Off the topic....but I hear Scion is not doing so well these days. But, neither are many of the other manufacturers.
Scion (Toyota Motor Sales) Corporate has superb pay I must say, but if I can just get a little bump in that pay, then I juuuust might be able to go back to the 350 next year

As for Scion not doing so well—Well, sales have been down across the whole automotive industry, and of course, Scion is included in that- An example of that is most recently, for August 08, Total Scion sales for the month was 11,681 (94.9% of objective and sales to availability of 55.7); down 18.4% vs. August 2007.
But, Scion as a brand is very strong-- Two of Scion's main objectives since launch were to bring new customers into the Toyota family and to attract a more youthful buyer. At 5 years young we are succeeding in those two areas with 73% of buyers being new to Toyota and a median age of just 32 years old. No other automotive brand even comes close to those numbers =)

Also, Scion does a lot of events to reach out to the young demographic we are targeting and just to give a little example of the amount of events put together by Scion- for the month of August alone, Regions and Scion Dealers had a total of 96 events!!!!!!

Sorry for the little essay there but, hey I work for Scion; What’d ya expect heheehe

2slow:
I had a pre-owned 06 IS350 and it had scratches and scuff marks on it (ick) and as much as I LOVED that car, the payments were kind of high (esp for being used) and the mpg wasn’t that great- On top of that I started paying back my student loans, which takes a fat chunk out of my bank account each month, and so I picked a new 250 to keep the payments a tad bit lower this time around =]
But I miss that 350!
Old 09-08-08, 05:22 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yay more girls on CL!

Welcome aboard.

Old 09-08-08, 06:20 PM
TRDRAV4
Advanced

nice IS250!

You work for Scion? Those jobs are hard to get...No IS for me yet since I work for TFS and they pay less than TMS

Last edited by TRDRAV4; 09-08-08 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-08-08, 07:45 PM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

Welcome, you should tell those Scion execs if they want more youthful customers to put some f'in power in to their damn cars, tC = decent looking car, dumb slow.
Old 09-08-08, 08:38 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Yay more girls on CL!

Welcome aboard.

TRDRAV4: You work for TFS??? Really?? What location? hehe the jobs aren't that hard to get...but you do have to endure a lot of "bootcamp" in the call center before you can move ahead *I call it bootcamp because hearing customers complain starting at 5am everyday just wasn't my cup of tea haha*

JKA.nyc: Haha I know, I had 2 tCs =/ Basically its all been thought of, unfortunately to increase power, it'd be best to use a RWD platform, which means a nice increase in price- Scion is trying to keep the costs below $20k so that wouldn't work with for the Scion brand-- but its ok- we have the Toyota-baru RWD sports coupe coming out soon Hopefully it will help fill that "sports car" void....hopefully
Old 09-08-08, 08:55 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

wow
this thread goes on and on..huh? LOL
might as well make this a Sticky..hehe
Old 09-09-08, 12:23 AM
TRDRAV4
Advanced

Originally Posted by IntegresS

TRDRAV4: You work for TFS??? Really?? What location? hehe the jobs aren't that hard to get...but you do have to endure a lot of "bootcamp" in the call center before you can move ahead *I call it bootcamp because hearing customers complain starting at 5am everyday just wasn't my cup of tea haha*

JKA.nyc: Haha I know, I had 2 tCs =/ Basically its all been thought of, unfortunately to increase power, it'd be best to use a RWD platform, which means a nice increase in price- Scion is trying to keep the costs below $20k so that wouldn't work with for the Scion brand-- but its ok- we have the Toyota-baru RWD sports coupe coming out soon Hopefully it will help fill that "sports car" void....hopefully
hi jenn..i do work for teeffffffesss (i'll only say it once cuz i prefer to keep it hush), but at a field office aways from torrance but still in LA. It took me awhile to get here despite a lot of things (uncle works in IS). I applied for the Lexus position awhile ago, but they didn't hire me (really pissed me off, long story). But I guess I'm happy now where I am now, so it's a long climb once again. Did you work in the Scion call center before? I sold some shoes to the supervisor there (name is Kaz).

I would be leasing an IS too now, but then I wouldn't have any money left over for a roof over my head
Old 09-09-08, 07:19 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SeOuLiS250
wow
this thread goes on and on..huh? LOL
might as well make this a Sticky..hehe
LMAO

t0e and hapaboy: that picture is priceless hahaha and I am doing this:

*Sits back down*

TRDRAV4: hahah Kaz is (for 3 more days anyway) my supervisor!!!!!! Hahahaaha

I started as an MT at TMS, but then realized I didn't want to go out to the region, so I opted out- and I ended up in the Toyota call center (misery in its purest form haha ok I'm exaggerating a tad bit there), the after interning in the Toyota call center, I moved to Scion's call center and in 3 days I'll be moving to the Scion headquarters building as a Customer Services Analyst (ooohhh I like the sound of that!)
At times I wish I could just buy the IS so I could go all out and mod the crap out of it....but having the lease is nice too-- insurance, registration AND maintenance paid for by TMS...gosh what more could one ask for haha
Old 09-09-08, 07:45 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Working Customer service does suck unless you are always cheerful lol.

My office is undergoing renovation so I sit in a cubbie beside the customer service folks, man they are like human punching bags :/
Old 09-09-08, 09:30 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mikez
Working Customer service does suck unless you are always cheerful lol.

My office is undergoing renovation so I sit in a cubbie beside the customer service folks, man they are like human punching bags :/
Haha basically yes-- and I am not one of those "always cheerful" people haha
I've noticed that after a year in customer service, my tolerance for stupidity and my patience level have both gone down...a lot. Ugh I'm trying to work on getting them back up again

Quick Reply: I'm Jenn, and this is my IS :)