Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Project: 97 6-speed, SC400 supercharged 4.7L V8

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-10 | 12:05 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LCSC
Looks like you have been busy, congratulations to you son. My parents know that it takes a lot of effort from the parents too

V8's in 2012?
Yes congrats are in order, It is a tough trail to Eagle, only 2% of scouts make it, it’s good to hear others recognize it still. Scouting is a huge commitment by parent and boy, unfortunately it seems to be shrinking in today’s world.

My bet is on 2011!

Originally Posted by MongooseGA
Congrats to your son. Eagle's definitely an accomplishment and he'll see it pay off for him when the time comes to apply for college and jobs.

Ask me how I know...
Thanks! Are you an Eagle? He doesn’t see it now but this accomplishment has marked him for life! The world will expect more from him but in return he will be offered many opportunities.

Originally Posted by ClearP
I want that gun... NOW!
LOL, its a nice Paintball gun for sure, most people like his Guitar, thats a Zakk Wylde Signature Buzzsaw with active pickups, sis I mention he's spoiled? LOL

Originally Posted by SC400TT
Absolutely awesome work, Scott!! Very nice, as usual.

That periscope is way cool...

Ryan

Thanks Ryan! Now I got to get back to my car, you are almost done!
Old 10-09-10 | 01:30 AM
wernersl
Driver School Candidate

Well its 1:30 AM and I just finished reading your build thread(s). Exhausting but inspiring. I just got a 93 SC400 and I dont think I will ever take it to this level. As it is my wife doesnt even want me to replace the crappy speakers! Oh before i forget...+1 on the pearl!

and now the obligatory question.....any updates?
Old 12-15-10 | 11:59 PM
UpInTheLex
Instructor

Congrats to you're son for getting his Eagle. My dad was with me every step of the way from tiger cubs until I got my Eagle badge. He passed away in late September and I feel so fortunate to have experienced all of it with him.

Any updates?

Where did you source the snout extension and 8 rib pulley kit? and what length is it?

Last edited by UpInTheLex; 12-17-10 at 09:00 AM.
Old 12-17-10 | 08:25 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Scott's been like me...On sabbatical burn out...

Ryan
Old 12-17-10 | 05:16 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wernersl
Well its 1:30 AM and I just finished reading your build thread(s). Exhausting but inspiring. I just got a 93 SC400 and I dont think I will ever take it to this level. As it is my wife doesnt even want me to replace the crappy speakers! Oh before i forget...+1 on the pearl!

and now the obligatory question.....any updates?
Well things have been slow but I am going to try and give the new motor some attention over the holidays.

Originally Posted by UpInTheLex
Congrats to you're son for getting his Eagle. My dad was with me every step of the way from tiger cubs until I got my Eagle badge. He passed away in late September and I feel so fortunate to have experienced all of it with him.

Any updates?

Where did you source the snout extension and 8 rib pulley kit? and what length is it?
Thanks for the kind words on my boy, I am really proud of him making the rank of Eagle, He remains in the troop and is earning badges and palms, I really thought we were done when he got his Eagle but he keeps running for leadership positions and the camps and activities have not let up. We are getting ready for one of his favorite camps in January. Nothing like camping in Kansas in January, expect it to be in the teens and below, we have camped in single digits so fun! I guess I am glad he is still active in scouts, its a great experience for him.

Regarding the drive and snout I sourced them with Andrew at Richwood. I could measure the length for you.

Originally Posted by SC400TT
Scott's been like me...On sabbatical burn out...

Ryan

Its somthing like that, but that has to change........
Old 12-17-10 | 05:23 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

As far as updates, there are a few. I sold my 550cc injectors and am ordering new 650cc units, they will be more suitible for my power goals. I am pulling the cams back out of the enging to add 2 additional dowles, this is for insurance, if the factory dowel gives way the engine is toast since it is now a interference motor. Other than that I have aquired quite a few new items for the car and am currently exploring a CRYO2 system to add to it to further drop Air intake temps.
Old 02-07-11 | 03:22 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Found your thread today... a lot of what you said (the tech specs and what not) is way over my head, but I understand a lot too. AWESOME PROJECT. Beautiful car all around.

Oh yeah! ...any updates??
Old 02-07-11 | 07:29 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

UZ in 2011!
Old 02-07-11 | 07:47 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
UZ in 2011!
^Meaning it'll be done this year? lol
Old 02-07-11 | 09:41 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

mine will...lol
Old 02-08-11 | 07:10 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

It will be done in 2011, if not I am going to start a new project LOL maybe thats the problem, I may have started to many other projects. I pulled the cams out to add dowles, also have a tailight project going. Got to get back to the motor and get it dropped in. The longer it sits the more I buy for it, its only getting better with age.
Old 02-09-11 | 12:19 AM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Well who cares about that! It's not like it's YOUR car, it belongs to CL and we want to see it done so we can ALL have a ride... gah! j/k! Like I said, your car is astonishing. I'm just excited to see what my, and any SC for that matter, could potentially be. :thumbsup:

You're a pioneer, keep doing what you do!
Old 02-28-11 | 07:10 PM
fleishelja
Lead Lap

How bout some updates now? I saw the tailights but how about this legendary motor?
Old 02-28-11 | 07:40 PM
meangreen1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by fleishelja
How bout some updates now? I saw the tailights but how about this legendary motor?
YEah, what he said. Also nice lights
Old 03-01-11 | 01:33 AM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

I bet you could have everything completely bolted back into the car if you would just focus for one weekend! lol But first get some installed pics of those taillights!! Btw, I can't remember are you using the Battle Version arms I had, or did someone else buy them? Woulda looked sick if so being red like the brakes and some of your engine parts. Maybe a full Ikeya Formula setup is what is needed next??

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 03-01-11 at 01:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Project: 97 6-speed, SC400 supercharged 4.7L V8