tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

final pics and video...
Old 07-27-09, 05:38 PM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the piston rings did you have to grind them to size or they come pre girnded to fit oem ring end gap specs?

oh by the way verry nice build , the way it should be done .
Old 07-27-09, 05:42 PM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

sorry one more question , did they deck and hone your block ? if so did you have to get a thicker head gasket or did you use oem ?

sorry for all the questions .
Old 07-28-09, 02:56 AM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by M3ONJUICE
the piston rings did you have to grind them to size or they come pre girnded to fit oem ring end gap specs?

oh by the way verry nice build , the way it should be done .
Originally Posted by M3ONJUICE
sorry one more question , did they deck and hone your block ? if so did you have to get a thicker head gasket or did you use oem ?

sorry for all the questions .
Piston rings were perfect out of the box. I had the block honed and the head prepped. Stock head gasket.
Old 07-28-09, 08:38 AM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

thanks for your help .

Last edited by M3ONJUICE; 07-28-09 at 08:46 AM.
Old 07-28-09, 01:49 PM
howat
Pole Position

Hey slappy96,

Did you do the fuel pump, 12V mod?
Old 07-31-09, 08:58 AM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by howat
Hey slappy96,

Did you do the fuel pump, 12V mod?
Not yet. The fuel pump is actually the only thing left to do. It idle's great with the stock SC pump. I'm going to put the Denso TT in this weekend. I'm just not sure yet if I want to do the 12V mod or keep the ECU hooked in the loop. Everyone has a different opinion on this. I like having the off/kill still functional with the stock ECU. Takes me forever to figure out how I want to do stuff when there are options.
Old 07-31-09, 09:36 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by slappy96
Not yet. The fuel pump is actually the only thing left to do. It idle's great with the stock SC pump. I'm going to put the Denso TT in this weekend. I'm just not sure yet if I want to do the 12V mod or keep the ECU hooked in the loop. Everyone has a different opinion on this. I like having the off/kill still functional with the stock ECU. Takes me forever to figure out how I want to do stuff when there are options.
the only thing I would add/reply to that is use the power line from the fuel ECU as your switch to the relay. My concern was the off still available on the fuel pump and not having fuel pumping when the car was off/in an accident. Looking at dejacky's colorful schematic you can use the power line to turn on the relay so it has the safety feature.

Last edited by ICONYQ; 07-31-09 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-31-09, 09:55 AM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Zmegoby-Thanks man. Your inputs are always great.

Is that diagram with the 12V mod, or still with all the FuelECU connections still functional (and using a direct line from the batt to ensure good voltage)? I did this whole swap and wiring crap still freaks me out.

Also, does heat shrink tubing stand up to gasoline immersion?
Old 07-31-09, 10:10 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by slappy96
Zmegoby-Thanks man. Your inputs are always great.

Is that diagram with the 12V mod, or still with all the FuelECU connections still functional (and using a direct line from the batt to ensure good voltage)? I did this whole swap and wiring crap still freaks me out.

Also, does heat shrink tubing stand up to gasoline immersion?
Thanks for the comments. This is the 12v mod. I would use the heatshrink on everything you do and solder. I do not like to crimp in there. You will see when you are in the tank that the power line goes to the top of the cover of the tank and routes to the back of the tank. Mine is covered in yellow tubing. What I am going to try is use that line and run into into the relay. Might as well use that is there IMO. (Mine is already wired. I just finished putting in the ECU harness last night and runing the battery lines to the back. Looking to test it all this weekend)

This will bypass the FuelECU. However what it will do is take the signal that tells the fuel ECU to turn on (12v) and tell your relay to turn on and pump.

I get what you are saying about playing with the wiring...xcply in the fuel. Still is not a fun thought even after I did it but I think that concern made me make sure that everything was solid back there.

BTW 8guage is overkill. You can use 10 or 12 IMO.
Old 07-31-09, 10:52 AM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Interesting thread over at supraforums. Shows part numbers for fuel pump and it looks like the JDM Turbo and N/A Supra have the same pump. I can only assume the N/A Supra and SC300 have the same pump. Does that mean I can use my current pump until without concern (conservative driving) until I get the wiring all nailed down. Seems silly since I have a TT Denso just in waiting, but I want to make sure it's done right. This is my daily driver and I need to get to work and back. Part no's below. Makes a little sense seeing as how the Aristo injectors are only 440cc.

23221-46070 - JDM N/A / Turbo, USDM N/A
23221-46100 - Euro N/A
23221-46110 - USDM Turbo, Euro Turbo
Old 08-01-09, 06:43 AM
howat
Pole Position

Slappy,

For the record, I'm also doing a swap - 1998 sc300 with a JDM Aristo 2jzgte. It's a non VVTI 2jzgte.
The swap package comes with the Walboro 255 fuel pump and I will install that fuel pump with the 12V mod. I was told to do that by the seller, since the upgraded fuel pump must use higher voltage.

Thus, if you install the Denso fuel pump, you may have to supply more voltage to the pump.

Here is the concept and principles I've gathered, thus far, about the 12V mod:
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/12v_mod/12v_mod.htm

Lastly, the 12V mod still allows for all the functionality the fuel pump ecu inherently has, besides the voltage toggling. I believe, with the 12V mod, you are NOT bypassing the fuel pump ecu, rather the 9v to 12v toggling functionality for the device. Notice the fact you must reconnect the plug back into the fuel pump ecu after the wire splice and join.

Please, if I've misspoken or have given any wrong info, someone please chime in.
thx

Last edited by howat; 08-01-09 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-01-09, 08:47 AM
Ryeno
Banned

how much have you spent total for this? I am thinking following in your foot steps and doing the samething except buying usdm turbos.

Quick Reply: GTE swap rebuild thread into SC300