Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

ExileLakai's Build thread. JP, 2JZGTE VVTI, FAB, Stance

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-08, 10:00 AM
mrkenji
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck on yoru future plans with the car.. it is sad that some things were done the cheap way..
Old 12-03-08, 11:49 PM
nobody
Rookie

very nice, i was wondering what happened to the car
Old 12-04-08, 01:44 AM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not that it matters but those are just Supra TT calipers painted red with an aftermarket Tom's decal stuck on them, they aren't actual Tom's calipers. Though the TT brakes are one of the best upgrades so don't feel bad. Figured it might help you to know so down the road when you want to buy pads etc..you won't be searching far and wide for "Toms" stuff.
Old 12-04-08, 07:41 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by macd7919
Not that it matters but those are just Supra TT calipers painted red with an aftermarket Tom's decal stuck on them, they aren't actual Tom's calipers. Though the TT brakes are one of the best upgrades so don't feel bad. Figured it might help you to know so down the road when you want to buy pads etc..you won't be searching far and wide for "Toms" stuff.
LOL this car is just a rolling bag of lies damn.
Old 12-04-08, 08:06 AM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by japspec
LOL this car is just a rolling bag of lies damn.
wow.. no kidding.. I bet you will find heck of a lot more flaws down the road..
Old 12-04-08, 08:58 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by benzo555
wow.. no kidding.. I bet you will find heck of a lot more flaws down the road..
Only thing that seem was a plus was the motor swap lol.
Old 12-04-08, 10:05 AM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Tom's used to sell rebadged Supra TT brakes as their own. And that is what you're seeing on this car. Also those are obviously eBay tail lights unless he actually called them JP tails.
Old 12-04-08, 10:14 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chrispy
Tom's used to sell rebadged Supra TT brakes as their own. And that is what you're seeing on this car. Also those are obviously eBay tail lights unless he actually called them JP tails.
LOL just stop because it looks like this kenny tran guy screwed some sucker and got his money, causing that poor simp to sell it to somebody, who in turn takes a loss for this guy to make the come up and air out all its flaws. Lmao i'm not buying nothing from anybody with the name tran or nyugen lol.
Old 12-04-08, 10:28 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

its not kenny tran...its Johnny Tran...yeah, same name as Fast n Furious. And not all vietnamese with the name Tran or Nguyen are hacks FYI
Old 12-04-08, 11:11 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by speedaddic
its not kenny tran...its Johnny Tran...yeah, same name as Fast n Furious. And not all vietnamese with the name Tran or Nguyen are hacks FYI
No disrespect to vietnamese, I was just making a joke but regardless that dude is a straight up con artist and thats all i gotta say about that.
Old 12-05-08, 11:29 PM
airmax
Pole Position

wow that sucks
Old 12-06-08, 11:26 AM
AristoKing
Instructor

Originally Posted by ExileLakai
Drum roll please..... haha

Well the guy that bought it from johnny is a Houston guy and i bought it off of him. last month.

not too bad for a 100 dollar camera. I need to get a good DSLR.

enjoy
Rob
This car has no exhaust I wonder how the car sounds?

But damn that sucks
Old 12-06-08, 07:50 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

HAHA damn everyone hate'n on my GS!!! haha. well about the brakes I was wondering about that b/c they looked a lot like supra brakes but if what chrispy said about Tom's is true then I guess that will explain that. Yeah it does seem the audio/video, wheels, air ride, and engine where the only real stuff on this car. But that just gives me more reason to make it into a track car. By the time i get done selling the "real" parts. I will have this car for a dirt cheap price. It does go to show you how fake it is at the top of the import scene. Import Tuner wrote a whole article about this car lying through their teeth!! I feel bad b/c now every time I read a article about a car in a mag i wonder what is true and what is false. It kinda of cheapens my feeling as an import enthusiast. But anyways the air runner system is up on ebay so take a look....

Thanks for all the post. good and bad... I'm just glad I wasn't the poor sap that paid 30+K for this thing off of this Johnny Tran guy haha

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Air-R...DVW#ht_500wt_0

Last edited by ExileLakai; 12-07-08 at 05:33 AM.
Old 12-06-08, 11:36 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ExileLakai
HAHA damn everyone hate'n on my GS!!! haha. well about the brakes I was wondering about that b/c they looked a lot like supra brakes but if what chrispy said about Tom's is true then I guess that will explain that. Yeah it does seem the audio/video, wheels, air ride, and engine where the only real stuff on this car. But that just gives me more reason to make it into a track car. By the time i get done selling the "real" parts. I will have this car for a dirt cheap price. It does go to show you how fake it is at the top of the import scene. Import Tuner wrote a whole article about this car lying through there teeth!! I feel bad b/c now every time I read a article about a car in a mag i wonder what is true and what is false. It kinda of cheapens my feeling as an import enthusiast. But anyways the air runner system is up on ebay so take a look....

Thanks for all the post. good and bad... I'm just glad I wasn't the poor sap that paid 30+K for this thing off of this Johnny Tran guy haha

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Air-R...DVW#ht_500wt_0
Nobodys hating on your gs man its still a nice car and the swap is a plus so at the end of the day you made the come up. I like the way you exposed the original builder for the fraud that he was, I feel sorry for the fool that paid 30k for it before you got it but then again I dont better him than you lol. Johnny Tran lol got his money and laughed to the bank, karmas gonna get him dont worry.
Old 12-11-08, 07:49 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

ok hopefully everyone can now see the pics. I can't believe just moving them to a folder throws off the code. Anyway anybody up for some 20" Fab Profound wheels? I'm selling getting around to selling them. My buddy has a pretty sick set of volk GT-Vs I want to use as track rims so these will be up for sale shortly.

Quick Reply: ExileLakai's Build thread. JP, 2JZGTE VVTI, FAB, Stance