Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

ExileLakai's Build thread. JP, 2JZGTE VVTI, FAB, Stance

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-11, 12:26 PM
AristoKing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
rob sold this car ages ago and hasnt been online since February...

he dumped it for for $6k in post # 9

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...de-stance.html

i STILL kick myself for passing on robs interior and the fabulous profounds as he was gonna deliver all the interior to me for $1200 + we the price he was asking for the profound which i think was 1800-2400

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2ge...al-system.html

he also had some interior shots of his beautiful cage in here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ets-caged.html

search over a few of those threads and you can see the interior work
Damn that sucks i wonder where this car ended up.
Old 08-25-11, 02:03 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by AristoKing
Damn that sucks i wonder where this car ended up.
no clue....last time i talked to him i think he said just some guy bought it. i figured it would show up at a drift or a drag event and make some news but i remember googling it last year or so and couldnt find ANYTHING out about it. i mean with the cage and everything that is in it (since he never finalized the motor) and was either selling it with either the LS1 or a 2JZ WITH a T78 you would think someone would have seen it but i havent seen it pop up on here or on the internet so i have no clue man... i have wondered. i think i sent rob a PM a few months ago when i thought back about it but since he hasnt been on since feb who knows if he will return

the rims went to glen (geezenuts) i dunno where anything else went besides what he sold in the classified's

robs build and jays flat black LS powered drift build make me sad,selling all the work,sweat,$ that went into them only for them to be dumped for a major loss when they were either almost finished or completely finished. i bought many things from both these guys and had numerous conversations with them, they were both very nice and stand up guys and hope to see them both back
Old 08-25-11, 02:25 PM
AristoKing
Instructor

Originally Posted by sakataj
no clue....last time i talked to him i think he said just some guy bought it. i figured it would show up at a drift or a drag event and make some news but i remember googling it last year or so and couldnt find ANYTHING out about it. i mean with the cage and everything that is in it (since he never finalized the motor) and was either selling it with either the LS1 or a 2JZ WITH a T78 you would think someone would have seen it but i havent seen it pop up on here or on the internet so i have no clue man... i have wondered. i think i sent rob a PM a few months ago when i thought back about it but since he hasnt been on since feb who knows if he will return

the rims went to glen (geezenuts) i dunno where anything else went besides what he sold in the classified's

robs build and jays flat black LS powered drift build make me sad,selling all the work,sweat,$ that went into them only for them to be dumped for a major loss when they were either almost finished or completely finished. i bought many things from both these guys and had numerous conversations with them, they were both very nice and stand up guys and hope to see them both back
I agree all that hard work and seeing it goes sucks. But wow for a car to completely go off the radar is weird especially looking the way it did, I would think it would pop up somewhere with new mods or something.
Old 08-25-11, 03:25 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

i thought he sold to someone in huntington beach ca?
Old 08-25-11, 09:53 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AristoKing
I agree all that hard work and seeing it goes sucks. But wow for a car to completely go off the radar is weird especially looking the way it did, I would think it would pop up somewhere with new mods or something.
yeah its def weird

Originally Posted by SoCal Cyco
i thought he sold to someone in huntington beach ca?
who knows....where is it now though and what they doing with it?

Last edited by sakataj; 08-27-11 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-26-11, 04:50 PM
chknlittle
Pole Position

Thats sad to see this car disappear. It was one of my inspirations to get the gs platform.
Old 08-29-11, 08:43 AM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Holy thread revival!!! Its really cool to see you guys interested into where this car went. I am too. I'm doing better financially now and I've actually been trying to contact the guy I sold it to. He owns a shop in HB but I can't remember the name. Next time I'm in HB I might visit shops in the area and see if I can spot it.

I was super bummed when this car left my possession. Its really down to two cars I want to build again. A FD3S RX7 which is a childhood dream car that I owned when I was twenty which I sold do to a trip overseas when I was in the military and a 2nd gen GS because its one of those unfinished nagging things.

All in all. I'm enjoying being completely debt free and I would like to actually start a small business so I'm looking for a project but the reality is I'm pretty content at the moment.

I kinda want to wait and try to find my shell again before buying anything. This GS and I have unfinished business!

If anyone has any lead on its location PM me.

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited by ExileLakai; 08-29-11 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-29-11, 09:05 AM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

I just found this on my full build thread over in the performance section. I still want to go see it. I just need to find out where this is. I pm'ed the guy that posted this pic.

However I'm kinda sad now because I'm pretty sure I can't afford to buy it back so I'll have a start from scratch. Sucks but I'm glad I sold her to a person that had the resources to finish her up.

Old 08-29-11, 09:37 AM
geeznuts
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy $heT! That car looks sick! Sup Rob^^^^ wheels ended up with me and brought back to life and that pioneer I got from you still works haha. Good to hear your doin better. Let me know on your new business venture. You are good kind of peeps
Old 08-29-11, 12:52 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ExileLakai
Holy thread revival!!!
yeah i was stalking the internet for a few months after you sold it and NEVER saw anything about it, was surprised thinking something of that quality would turn up.

good to see you back man, glad your doing better not a fan of red typically but that looks well done

Originally Posted by geeznuts
wheels ended up with me and brought back to life
yes they did glen....and Rob i never should have passed on them , im working on acquiring them from glen. i been bothering him about them for like a year or so now