ExileLakai's Build thread. JP, 2JZGTE VVTI, FAB, Stance

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-08, 06:23 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ExileLakai's Build thread. JP, 2JZGTE VVTI, FAB, Stance

Hey guys...

I'm the one who bought Johnny Tran's GS4 that was in Import tuner from the guy he sold it to.

enter mag photo....

Ok so here is what's new/plans for the car. I ripped out the air runner system. I changed out the air ride for STANCE coilovers. Which are very nice I might add. I hated always adjusting the ride height of the air ride whenever i wanted to take a quick trip to the store. I'm very happy with the stance over the car now. Its sits really low all the time now. Me likey!!

Now comes rant time. I'm not trying to bash johnny tran but this car when it came to the air ride and the sound system was thrown together. the air ride was is in and working but the fit and finish was not what i think a mag car should be. Wires self tapped grounded to the body. all crimped wires... no soldered connections. Plus the supposed JP taillights were actually EBAY knockoffs that almost burnt the car down.

I went to take the car out of the garage and nothing but smoke was rolling out of the rear of the car. The knock off tails run every led off one circuit and don't even have a brake light set of LEDs. Which ended up over loading the wire that touches the plastic bulb connector which in turn started melting the plastic!!! CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP.... So i bought stock 01+ tails and are every happy with the look. It just seems the car was rushed to make a deadline with things that "O WE'LL FIX THAT LATER" and it was never fixed before he sold it.

But anyways the car is in good hands now and I'm still happy with purchase. I just detailed the car this morning and did a pretty kick *** photo shoot with my friends.

One of them is hungry so I have to go before I upload the photos. but i will as soon as i get back.

Rob

Last edited by ExileLakai; 12-11-08 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-23-08, 06:24 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Drum roll please..... haha

Well the guy that bought it from johnny is a Houston guy and i bought it off of him. last month.

not too bad for a 100 dollar camera. I need to get a good DSLR.

enjoy
Rob

Last edited by ExileLakai; 12-11-08 at 07:42 PM. Reason: update pics
Old 11-23-08, 06:26 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

rebadged supra brakes from tom's

Last edited by ExileLakai; 12-14-08 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Removed for sale items, post in classifieds after reading rules there please
Old 11-23-08, 06:32 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

sorry for the grainy pics. I don't have my friends camera that i was using for the photoshoot for the air runner and brake pics. I can't wait to tear out the tom's brakes and repaint them.
Old 11-23-08, 07:32 PM
Damnnchi
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Fack! most of the pics dont work
Old 11-23-08, 07:36 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ExileLakai
Hey guys...

I'm the one who bought Johnny Tran's GS4 that was in Import tuner from the guy he sold it to.

enter mag photo....

Ok so here is what's new/plans for the car. I ripped out the air runner system. I changed out the air ride for STANCE coilovers. Which are very nice I might add. I hated always adjusting the ride height of the air ride whenever i wanted to take a quick trip to the store. I'm very happy with the stance over the car now. Its sits really low all the time now. Me likey!!

Now comes rant time. I'm not trying to bash johnny tran but this car when it came to the air ride and the sound system was thrown together. the air ride was is in and working but the fit and finish was not what i think a mag car should be. Wires self tapped grounded to the body. all crimped wires... no soldered connections. Plus the supposed JP taillights were actually EBAY knockoffs that almost burnt the car down.

I went to take the car out of the garage and nothing but smoke was rolling out of the rear of the car. The knock off tails run every led off one circuit and don't even have a brake light set of LEDs. Which ended up over loading the wire that touches the plastic bulb connector which in turn started melting the plastic!!! CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP.... So i bought stock 01+ tails and are every happy with the look. It just seems the car was rushed to make a deadline with things that "O WE'LL FIX THAT LATER" and it was never fixed before he sold it.

But anyways the car is in good hands now and I'm still happy with purchase. I just detailed the car this morning and did a pretty kick *** photo shoot with my friends.

One of them is hungry so I have to go before I upload the photos. but i will as soon as i get back.

Rob
I like the car its pimp and i give you props for airing out the flaws. I notice alotta times these so called online import turner celebs try to get over on people when they sell cars claiming high end parts when they are far from that. But it looks like you took care of the flaws of the original builder and your on a good path, good luck and keep it up.

Last edited by japspec; 11-23-08 at 07:40 PM. Reason: no reason
Old 11-23-08, 07:49 PM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Glad you caught that tire in time . pm me price for the air setup
Old 11-23-08, 07:49 PM
Vincent123
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

fix the pics please
Old 11-23-08, 07:53 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vincent123
fix the pics please
fix the pics? too big? Not coming up? I have no problem pulling the pics of the CL server....
Old 11-23-08, 08:00 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wondered where that car went to...one of the most expensive salvaged cars I know of.
Old 11-23-08, 08:04 PM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

nice car... from couple pics that work
Old 11-23-08, 08:07 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by speedaddic
I wondered where that car went to...one of the most expensive salvaged cars I know of.
haha yeah well the previous owner never told me what he paid for it but i know he probably got bent over on it. I'm pretty sure I got it off of him for half of what he paid which I think is fare. This car is badass and worth the money i paid for it. Plus I might have a clean title coming through on it. The tax rep messed up so I'm crossing my fingers
Old 11-23-08, 08:12 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bet its a blast to drive with the 2jz...
Old 11-23-08, 08:18 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i heard a while back that the kit was fake. do the panels have jp serial #s??
Old 11-23-08, 08:19 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by speedaddic
I bet its a blast to drive with the 2jz...
Yeah its nice. I plan on Rick Bowers to do a R154 swap into it next month when he has some time. after that the car should be totally different. Its still pretty quick even though the box in the trunk is heavy plus all the wood back there covered in fabric. All that will be taken out b/c I'm not a big fan of systems. This car will end up seeing track time since it is a salvage. i just can't see spending another 20K in VIP upgrade in a car i wont be able to sell. so it will end up being converted into a hella fun powerful car to drive. I have high hopes for a 1000hp track GS. Plus I want it to be in import tuner again so I have to change it up a bit. Same car in the same mag twice!!!! haha It will be done!

Quick Reply: ExileLakai's Build thread. JP, 2JZGTE VVTI, FAB, Stance