Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

romeo291 vip-inspired SC300 build thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-09, 08:49 AM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default romeo291 vip-inspired SC300 build thread

Like a few other SC owners on this forum, I also built my SC using the vip styling queues for inspiration. This thread will be a collective of all the mods I've done to the car thus far:

*This is the car bone stock the day after I got it. It's a 1992 SC300 automatic, black with tan interior. It had 150K miles on it, and it definitely needed some work:

Old 02-02-09, 08:53 AM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

When I got the car, the interior was pretty bad. The needles didn't work, carpet was real dirty, seats were torn up, all the dash stuff was dirty and stained, it badly needed a makeover:

To fix the horrible interior, I started dying all the tan/brown parts to black.

Old 02-02-09, 08:55 AM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Converting a car from tan to black is a very long and time consuming process, I would not recommend this to anybody unless they're stuck with a tan interior and wanted something different. You have to spend time removing the part, cleaning the part, prepping it, painting it, put clear on it, and then re-install it back. The results are totally worth it though, if your interior was as bad as mine's. Anyways, here are some pictures of the re-assembly process:

Finished the door panels, here they are installed:

Old 02-02-09, 08:59 AM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Here's a random artsy picture of my car on the night of a Lunar Eclipse:

My first choice of wheels and suspension were Tein Comfort Sports and Work Euroline DH. The Work wheels were bought used and they were powdercoated black. I had to re-powdercoat it to silver and re-polish the lip. The Tein suspension felt great though:

Got these JP neckpads from Luxury Bippu Style, I use them a lot:

Another interior shot, I installed the Pioneer AVIC-Z2 head unit:

Here's a small Lexus shoot with some of my friends:

Old 02-02-09, 09:01 AM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

I don't think the previous owner took good care of the car, so the stock motor started giving me problems. My gas pedal kept getting stuck, I was leaking oil due to a bad rear main seal, and a few other minor issues. To fix the issues, I ordered a 1JZ-GTE from JHOT Imports with only 40K miles on it (here are some pictures sent from JHot):

Old 02-02-09, 09:02 AM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

While waiting for the motor to come in, something else came in from Carson Lexus. My Auto Couture kit finally came in after a few months, and I ordered the stock 97+ grill, fog lights, and body moldings as well. Here are some pictures of it installed:

I also got my JDM Toyota window visor installed, they look great and works great:

Old 02-02-09, 09:05 AM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

My tan carpet was really really bad, so I ordered some new black carpet and black floor mats. The new carpet made the interior looks so much better. I also got rid of the dildomatic and converted it to a gated shifter. It gave the car a nice updated look:

Steering wheel remote control for my Pioneer AVIC-Z2:

TRD Horn badge for my IS300 Steering wheel w/ the Celica airbag:

Trending Topics

Old 02-02-09, 09:07 AM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Once I got my motor in from JHot, it literally came with everything I could possibly need for the swap. I am really impressed with JHot and their services. It took me 6 hours to extend the wiring harness, doing them one by one, soldering every wire, and heat shrinking them. Then it took about 8 hours to drop the motor in and get her running with new fluids and everything. Here are some pictures of the 1JZ-GTE installed in my car. The motor runs like a dream, the whole swap ended up costing me around $2400 for everything.

Old 02-02-09, 09:08 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Nice work, I'm slowly converting my interior to black, I will probably ending doing two tone setup similar to the factory option on the RSP SC's. Your car is well put together.
Old 02-02-09, 09:11 AM
JPSFAB
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

really nice work man.....................very time consuming but it looks great. what kind of dye did you use?
Old 02-02-09, 09:12 AM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

To add a nice extra touch to the interior, I installed some chrome door sills that I got from this Australian guy:

This past weekend, I got in some black leather seats to replace the torn up tan ones. They were a nice addition to the interior, making me about 85% done w/ the interior conversion. I still need black seat belts, A-pillar, headliner, rear-view mirror, visors, all the little stuff above:

I had to add this, I love the way it looks. My kurotsuna:

Kurotsuna from the outside:

I need a FUSA too, but I can't decide which color I want to get.
Old 02-02-09, 09:16 AM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cherplex
Nice work, I'm slowly converting my interior to black, I will probably ending doing two tone setup similar to the factory option on the RSP SC's. Your car is well put together.
Thanx man, I would've done two-tone had my interior parts not been so crappy. But I think the two-tone would look great too. I know someone on here did it with tan Recaro seats, and it looks amazing.

Originally Posted by JPSFAB
really nice work man.....................very time consuming but it looks great. what kind of dye did you use?
Most of the items were dyed with Folia-tec paint. It's this German vinyl paint, works like magic. I can't seem to find them anymore because the shop I bought them at sold out. I started using SEM, but it wasn't half as good as Folia-tec. I painted the rear side panels with SEM vinyl paint, and the quality just doesn't compare. The SEM stuff did not bond with the vinyl as well as the Folia-Tec stuff does.
Old 02-02-09, 10:25 AM
Mr. Klean
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Very nice job man! I LOVE all the changes...well, except the rims...but that's why its your car...Everything else is ON POINT IMO...and all DIY, which just makes it that much more enjoyable to read and look at. Good Job, man.
Old 02-02-09, 10:35 AM
DWPsc3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn looks good man, very clean
Old 02-02-09, 10:37 AM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

woah you came a long way... congrats and that 2 tone doesn't look too bad either...

Quick Reply: romeo291 vip-inspired SC300 build thread