Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

B-ver's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-09, 10:48 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trying to talk Brian Crower out of a 3.4l stroker kit. So far its kinda working. Probably doing a 2jzgte DVD with drifting.com. CP pistons may be helping me out with a set. Ended up on the phone most of the day again. Droping off the motor at [URL="http://www.speedomotive.com/" Speed O Motive[/URL] in the morning to start being cleaned up and ready for machining. I trust those guys alot. We made a sr20det and ran it on thier dyno for the castrol top shop challenge, it made just over 850hp on 100 octane.
Still trying to get a clutch and wheels for this thing. The car goes to paint on monday, think I found a color I like.
Old 03-18-09, 11:13 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DRFT103
I mean you're the pro here but 1000 hp is a little overkill for a drift car.

but then again the new tracks are getting faster and faster so, i could see why you might want all that power. high speed enterys
I dont think of it as overkill, there are many other cars with alot less weight running 800+hp na v8's. And they kinda took out the pase cone this past year. Even though they say your supposed to wait for the other guy, no one really does. Figured if people want to drag race, I'll make a drag setup then just learn to keep it sideways, which shouldnt be hard with that much power. Yeah, the tracks are getting really fast.
Old 03-18-09, 11:15 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DriftVIP
Hey Alex,

This is you personal car? I know you have a 5speed sc300 as your DD.
Its going to be just for competitions and demos. I actually sold my DD 5 speed last year when I picked up a truck finally.
Old 03-19-09, 06:59 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Alex let me know how you like that mishimoto radiator, Ive been thinking of picking one up my self here soon.

I really need to start picking up some sponsors here myself.
Old 03-19-09, 08:48 AM
mrkenji
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you know roughly around weight you are down to now? i know from my friends car that the SC doors are hella heavy.. doing any weight reduction to those or replacing?
Old 03-19-09, 09:46 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I beleive he cut the support and insides of the doors out as he really doesn't need them with that cage
Old 03-19-09, 10:47 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

I'm trying to get some replacement parts but there are only a few companies that carry that stuff and they are not getting back to me right now.

Picked up another sponsor, Rotora. Too bad thier web site is down. Said it was getting moved or something.

6 hours later and finally the body kit still doesnt fit right but at least its decent from 30ft away.

Thats what I get for buying a $200 body kit. What a waste of time. I did drop off the motor at speed o motive. And the rear end got dropped off at Kaaz.

Still need a better clutch pedal, wheel sponsor, and a turbo.
Old 03-20-09, 10:18 AM
Dereke
Rookie

glad to see you coming back alex.
Old 03-20-09, 10:58 AM
mrkenji
Lexus Champion

thats too bad the kit doesnt fit but i guess it comes back to the get what you pay for but then again if your gonna drift it and have the chance to mess it up i may have gone with the cheap one too..
Old 03-21-09, 07:41 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Good news, new sponsors,

And

They are sending the BC 3.4 stroker kit with 9.0 compression pistons, 272 cams, titanium retainers, and single style valve springs. We will also be going a DVD with Drifting.com for the motor build.

Also when I got home, was happy to find my cat ontop of this

And this thing is cool, rad cap with temp guage built in.

Last edited by BattleVer; 03-21-09 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-21-09, 09:45 PM
Gspec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How cool is that!
Old 03-21-09, 10:10 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

damn a BC stroker kit now thats baller ...i like the rad cap as well when I get my mishimoto rad i'll have to get that cap
Old 03-23-09, 06:35 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

Rock Band.

**** yeah!
Old 03-23-09, 01:17 PM
mrkenji
Lexus Champion

Dang this project keeps getting crazier and crazier..
I wish i could get sponsors that easy haha
Old 03-23-09, 10:12 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Got a couple new sponsors,

www.aitracing.com, they saw the body kit and said they had something better. Unfortunatly they are out of front bumpers but will have one in a couple weeks. In the mean time the old bumper will be getting painted.

www.knwautobody.com/ will be doing the body work. Great guys and they are used to dealing with aftermarket cars. At least half the cars in there today where getting kits fitted and molded. If your looking for someone in the 909, hit these guys up.

I'm leaving for hawaii tomarro (family stuff) which kinda works out I guess. The chassis is over at knwautobody and they will need it for some time. Then the BC stroker showed up at speed o motive this morning. They will need some time to get that together too. Which leaves me a week with nothing to do but hang out with old friends and the family. I'm glad to take a break from this car which has taken up all my time. Just when I get back, its full tilt till the end. I'm still in need of some parts which I hope to have ordered and on its way to the shop by the time I get back.

Quick Reply: B-ver's Build Thread