Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

B-ver's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-09 | 10:03 AM
camberSC
Lexus Champion

Sick Built! When can I go check it out in person?
Old 04-26-09 | 01:31 PM
SoarerAZ
Pole Position

Continuously following the thread, loving the progress.
Old 04-27-09 | 08:50 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Did a few things. Got the head back, then started on shimming the valves. Ordered a bunch of shims from toyota so hopefully get those soon. The valve lash is pretty much the only thing keeping me from putting the motor together and sticking it in the car.

Then finished up the brake lines and did the clutch line.

Got bored since I'm waiting for parts, so started on the electrical again. Think I'm going to throw away the original switch panel and made one on the dash cause it looked too empty. Used some thick carbon fiber sheet and cut it out to fit the little area in the middle.

O yeah, thats the steering wheel off my ae86, it fit the sc. Just going to leave it on there till I find a replacement since it looks better then the stock one. Started on the main circuit board. Thinking of running it behind the switch panel basicly on the firewall pretty much. That way the wires are rather hidden. Not sure if I like it yet. May redo it like alot of things I end up with.

Old 04-29-09 | 09:04 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Need to update with some new sponsors. Some of you remember House of Kolor, they sponsored the paint. Competition Clutch is on board with help on a twin disk setup. Also Bullseye Power Turbos is helping with S368R turbo.

Last couple days where spent working on product. The biggest thing holding me back right now is money. Even when the car is done, its going to take money to run it at events. So I spent some time trying to make some extra funds and worked on some products. You mkiii guys will be happy, 150 end brackets...

I need to sell these seats to get my money back. Sparco Fighters, used as back seats in a honda Fit for sema last year. They are bottom mount seats. I can take more pics if need be. Rather have local pick up but I can ship if need be. Rather sell as a pair also at $600 (shipping not included). No brackets or rails.

Old 04-30-09 | 07:04 AM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

mkiii related:

whats the end brakets for?

also what happened to those battle version tie rods for the rear suspension?
Old 04-30-09 | 07:12 AM
BattleVer
Pole Position

They are the end brackets for the mkiii rear camber links and rear traction links.

also what happened to those battle version tie rods for the rear suspension?
You mean the rear links I have on my car? They have always been available.
Old 04-30-09 | 09:23 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Clutch came in today. Competition Clutch really came threw. When they said it was a complete kit, they were right, this has to be the most complete clutch setup I've seen. Came with everything including a slave and clutch line. Converts from pull to push style, twin disk, light flywheel. I weighed it earlier and think it was 23lbs with the flywheel and clutch together. Best part is its a tight diameter clutch so it drops down the rotating mass of it. Should make the motor perky.

Also picked up the shims for the head and got to work on that for a few hours. Pretty happy now that the head and the rest of the parts are ready to go together. Just need to line up the DVD filming and should be in the car soon. I did finally find a spot to stick the damn kill switch.
Old 04-30-09 | 10:44 PM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Alex, are you still using the W58 or the V160?
Old 05-01-09 | 12:38 AM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Im using the r154. Couldnt find a v trans cheep enough.
Old 05-01-09 | 07:20 PM
HeisLegend
Lexus Test Driver

Alex, lend me some money bro.

I have tons of pens and papers and you know what that means.

IOU's buddy....that's right, take it allllll iiinnnn. hahahaha.

I feel like a kid watching the presents under a christmas tree as the day draws nearer to the completion of this beast.
Old 05-01-09 | 10:32 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Dropped off the clutch at Speed O Motive to get ballanced. Figured since the crank was ballanced, needed to make sure the flywheel and clutch was too. Come to find out it was good so no worries there. Moved the switches to the center dash peice. They look alot better, just hope I can reach them. Mounted the ViPEC V88 (ecu) in the center of the trans tunnel. Should be easier to wire up from there.

Anyone got a stock guage cluster? I need to mount the guages and dont feel like having to create something to fill that hole. Seats still for sale. Only a few things left to find, some 1000cc injectors are the main things I need right now.
Old 05-03-09 | 07:46 PM
WICKED 1
Pole Position

i have a stock cluster and can ship it on monday. pm me
Old 05-04-09 | 07:07 AM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

WOW! baller! keep up the good work....
Old 05-04-09 | 08:25 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

That clutch looks like SRS BZNS