Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

B-ver's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-09, 11:29 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BattleVer
Dropped off the clutch at Speed O Motive to get ballanced. Figured since the crank was ballanced, needed to make sure the flywheel and clutch was too. Come to find out it was good so no worries there.
actually you should have balanced the clutch while balancing the crank all at once along with the crank pulley. you can balance all the components separately and have them be good but together they can still be off. its probably not the case but when we build racing engines we balance everything together thats on the rotating assembly.

more pics. any more progress with the motor?
Old 05-04-09, 07:08 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

5sp, i hope you realize how negative you always sound in your posts. I had the motor together before I found a clutch. Be happy that I actually ballanced it instead of just installing it.
Old 05-04-09, 07:55 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BattleVer
5sp, i hope you realize how negative you always sound in your posts. I had the motor together before I found a clutch. Be happy that I actually ballanced it instead of just installing it.
sorry to be a debby downer all the time.

Last edited by 5sp_jzz30; 05-04-09 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-04-09, 08:04 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is true of some posts I have read... Comes off a little bit condescending... Ah well, C'est la vie!
Keep up the awesome quality, and hopefully you'll be making some new/different SC parts some time soon for the public?
DAMN dude, just saw the reply above, that's serious negativity- Doesn't seem deserved, what's the deal 5sp?

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 05-06-09 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-04-09, 09:11 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Wow, if your going to talk ****, dont edit it. There are reasons why I'm building it the way I am. Yeah there are alot of thing I would have done differently. This is just the way the car is coming along since I didnt have the parts when I started the project, or knew what parts were going to be on the car, or have the money to buy all the parts I wanted or need. Hell, why would you build a 900hp car with a r154, its retarded, but find me a v trans for a decent price.

I hope you dont think all these parts came free. I'm in this car 20k already. Sponsorship doesnt mean they gave me the parts, most of the time I'm still paying dealer price or just under warehouse price. Find me a better clutch for what I payed, find me a motor for less then I payed, find me anything for less I payed and I would be a happy man. Its hard trying to build something this bad *** and be on a budget so just lay off and stop talking like I dont know what I'm doing. You try building something like this with your own money and see how you do.
Old 05-04-09, 09:14 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

5sp's original post,

sorry to be a debby downer all the time. i just like things being done right instead of getting a bunch of companies together, throwing parts at a project, and then advertising how great everyone is just because they gave you free ****.

if you want some solid engine advice PM me. im not going to post anymore in this thread.

the only reason im posting is to either clarify things or tell you why certain things are/should be done and especially the order of them. but i guess youre an expert on everything automotive so be it

btw that whole "its good that the clutch is a tighter diameter and better" sounds retarded on your part. i hope you know why having a "tighter diameter" clutch is better or worse in that case. if you dont then still PM me.

have fun with that interfooler as well. when you learn how to build a real one that is actually ducted as well, better yet a v-mount, go on zilvia and look up the fabrication thread for know-how.

they can also help you with building cages for things other then show.

if you have anything to say to this PM me. im not going to read this thread anymore.

Last edited by BattleVer; 05-05-09 at 07:24 AM.
Old 05-04-09, 09:28 PM
QwkSC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
actually you should have balanced the clutch while balancing the crank all at once along with the crank pulley. you can balance all the components separately and have them be good but together they can still be off. its probably not the case but when we build racing engines we balance everything together thats on the rotating assembly.
That really isn't that necessary in an internally balanced engine. I build lots of SBC's and the only flywheel balancing I do WITH the rotating assembly is on 400's which are externally balanced. if its a 350(internally balanced) then they don't need balancing together
Old 05-04-09, 10:47 PM
Levistey0
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's all good Alex, You've been in the scene for awhile now. You're definitely doing your thing! It's showing in the build.

People are always going to have their opinion. When it comes down to it, it's who is really building their car properly to how they want it. Plus, I know this car will live at the track. All this you shoulda, woulda, coulda talk is BS.

Also, there are only a hand full of us that went from Ae86 ----> Sc300.

Don't mind the Haters, They're just doing their job.

I think this build is going really well!
Old 05-05-09, 01:17 AM
bangdangvn
Lead Lap

wow you learn something new everyday...I always thought sponsership means free goodies but guess not. That beast is coming along real nice man!
Old 05-05-09, 07:49 AM
BattleVer
Pole Position

For my company, I never give free parts. Only discounts in trade for advertising space. You can see my stickers on cars like Tanner Foust, Chris Forsburg, Taka Aono, Hiro Sumida, Vaughn Gittin JR, Daijiro Yoshihara, and more. Sometimes they need parts that I have on the shelf, or sometimes they need something new. Building new parts for people's cars is how I end up with more product. And how better to test your parts then having pro drift teams try to destroy them. At the end of this build, the delrin control arm bushings and the subframe spacers are a couple of the things that may end up as new products.
Old 05-05-09, 08:42 AM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PM's

I pm'd 5sp_jzz30 and duscussed why he was being so harsh about such a clean build, by the end he replied that:
---->"im here to help people so being a **** about things is not right. ill edit my post."
(So that is the reason why he edited his post above)

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 05-15-09 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-05-09, 12:25 PM
curbsurfer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30

more pics. any more progress with the motor?

you balance all your race engines this way? are all your race engines externally balanced? if not, YOU are doing it wrong
Old 05-05-09, 12:33 PM
HeisLegend
Lexus Test Driver

Dang. Buncha girls talking hype.

I guess people forgot that this is alex and HIS car w/ his own way of doing things.
Who cares if things are done according to a personal preferance?

That's what makes things fun/interesting.
Old 05-05-09, 07:13 PM
BattleVer
Pole Position

Back to business. Turbo came in.

Bullseye s368 T-4 .88ar, BEP 68mm compressor wheel, S300 68mm 2.5 BEP inlet bell. I dont know what any of that means, Dan said it would spool pretty quick and make 800 to 900hp depending on boost, thats all I needed to hear. Now I need to find the v band and fitings and such. Going to hopefully be finishing up the dvd soon.
Old 05-05-09, 07:31 PM
King7Two
Lexus Champion

Whats with all the damn clutter?
If you dont have solid input.......just watch.

This thread should be 6-9 page MAX.

We get it.......your little **** is hard.

Quick Reply: B-ver's Build Thread