Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Ongoing build thread for my Girl-built SC300nat!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-09, 11:10 AM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snook
a ton of work, very painful & good luck

I drove 2 FDs in college was on the rx7club as snook and surgemonster, my roomate a tt supra. both moved to vettes now. Just picked up the sc and cleaning it up in and out perfect before I move on to turbo, but its right around the corner.

I see a lot of people switch to a ijz or 2gte when they want turbo instead of na-t, I guess if its so extreme and you are changing everything around the engine like you did theres no bother switching to a turbo block besides the oil squirters and some other details?
Yeah- I still love the FD! I need to look you up on 7club! I decided to go the opposite route- I knew I was going to trash it a bit while I worked on it so I'm putting off new paint until I'm done. I'm glad I did too- I smacked it with a redneck breaker bar a few weeks back and scratched it up pretty badly. I do most of my builds this way- get all the parts I need, throw them in, redo half of what I already did (like the tranny because of the oil pan), and then I scramble at the end to buy everything I forgot. A million late night phone calls and IM's "I need it like SUPER-FAST" or "how am I supposed to do this??? Uh...I don't get it." or even worse "Can you cancel that..."- My speed shop guys are on the verge of killing me and they probably should!!! Hehehehe!
The GTE block's oil squirters help out a lot with false knock but there's other ways to get around that. There are a billion threads on here about the various upsides to going gte but in my case it's just not necessary.

Last edited by hyjaxx; 05-14-09 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-14-09, 02:31 PM
snook
Racer

I don't go on RX-7 club now without a 7. The FD is one of the most pure sports cars out there. I dont think I'll ever enjoy a car as much as that one, like a go cart. However, once I dumped so much into the 94 and I concluded Id need 30k more easy to be complete with the project I gave up being in college at the time. Wish I had never sold that 94 it had 42k miles on it mint!

Everyone is different, I've never scratched any of my 6 cars working on them, Im very slow and thorough and go for perfection. I do it once and thats all. Ill think about it for weeks before hand though.

Good luck finishing this massive project that normally takes people a year or many years.
Ive also decided NA-T but Im sticking with wuss hp for just a little more action during DD activities
Old 05-14-09, 05:10 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

I love the weight distribution- it feels like no other car I've ever built. And the interior is just tight! I'm gonna miss that FD!!!
Ok- back to the SC~I got my lazy butt out to the car and got the shifter in earlier this morning or afternoon or whatever time it was...I did a bunch of stuff but that's the only thing that's 100% finished. I've had tons of free time lately so it'll progress quickly from here on out. Sorry about all the junk on the seat- I needed it all later so I didn't feel like putting it away. The plate will get fabbed a little later on- it's like really close to the bottom of my priority list and it's gonna take FOREVER to make.

Last edited by hyjaxx; 05-14-09 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-14-09, 06:13 PM
Vertex GS3
Pole Position

this build is "ok" nothing spectacular lol JK Janelle
Old 05-14-09, 06:40 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did you do to seal the tunnel from all the fumes?
Old 05-15-09, 09:08 AM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vertex GS3
this build is "ok" nothing spectacular lol JK Janelle
You of all people know I'm busting my butt on this car! It's sooo much fun...and it's really close to being done!
Old 05-15-09, 09:17 AM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
What did you do to seal the tunnel from all the fumes?
Under the shifter plate is a gnarly layer of Toyota seal packing. My seal for the shifter cable is gonna sound ghetto but it works like a charm when you don't have a grommet. I took a rubber fuel line and a heater hose and cut a 1" section off of both, slit the sections from end to end and wrapped the cable in the fuel hose then wrapped it in the heater hose. I crammed them down into the hole I drilled for the cable and sealed them with Fipg.Trying to get the hoses to squish into that hole was absolutely horrible.
Old 05-15-09, 11:24 AM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Ok- th400's bolted up but I still have to connect a few lines and attach a bunch of stuff so the crossmember isn't on- I'm going to need to swing it down so I can get some clearance. I'm still posting a pic though.
Old 05-15-09, 11:32 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not to change the subject but what kind of tatoo you have?
Originally Posted by hyjaxx
Old 05-15-09, 12:12 PM
2jznat
Pole Position

Under the shifter plate is a gnarly layer of Toyota seal packing. My seal for the shifter cable is gonna sound ghetto but it works like a charm when you don't have a grommet. I took a rubber fuel line and a heater hose and cut a 1" section off of both, slit the sections from end to end and wrapped the cable in the fuel hose then wrapped it in the heater hose. I crammed them down into the hole I drilled for the cable and sealed them with Fipg.Trying to get the hoses to squish into that hole was absolutely horrible.
this sounds like something the navy would do
Old 05-15-09, 12:15 PM
2jznat
Pole Position

I love the weight distribution- it feels like no other car I've ever built. And the interior is just tight! I'm gonna miss that FD!!!
Ok- back to the SC~I got my lazy butt out to the car and got the shifter in earlier this morning or afternoon or whatever time it was...I did a bunch of stuff but that's the only thing that's 100% finished. I've had tons of free time lately so it'll progress quickly from here on out. Sorry about all the junk on the seat- I needed it all later so I didn't feel like putting it away. The plate will get fabbed a little later on- it's like really close to the bottom of my priority list and it's gonna take FOREVER to make.
if that shifter was any taller, T could shift it from the car seat or you could use it in the bass boat tournament
Old 05-15-09, 12:20 PM
Vertex GS3
Pole Position

You of all people know I'm busting my butt on this car! It's sooo much fun...and it's really close to being done!
i know i was just joking. =)
Old 05-15-09, 12:21 PM
2jznat
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
those are lines that run up to the 666 on her forehead. love u, mean it
Old 05-15-09, 12:43 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
I have a stocking line that runs from my foot all the way up to that triangular thing- then from the triangular thing it's a braid that runs way up to a victorian scrollwork design. It's on both legs. It just looks like I'm wearing old school panty hose with the seam running up the back. Pretty cool- it's the first tattoo I've ever seen that elderly people love. I get more compliments from people in motorized scooters than anyone else. I guess it's because you can usually only see the lines and not the rest when I'm wearing a skirt.
Old 05-15-09, 12:50 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2jznat
if that shifter was any taller, T could shift it from the car seat or you could use it in the bass boat tournament
It has to be or it'll smash my radio. There is a good thing about it though- I can actually reach it! Kinda nice! Oh and I don't think Mario's sits up that high in the bassboat, but he has longer arms so it's probably more comfortable for him lower anyways.
Originally Posted by 2jznat
those are lines that run up to the 666 on her forehead. love u, mean it
OMG! hehehehe- you're such a goof David! And you certainly weren't showing me any love this morning when you were yelling at me over a damned tranny cooler!!!!!!!!!!!! But I still <3 ya!!! I gotta run- I just finished wiring the Tbrake and I need to run the wires for the temp gauge.

Last edited by hyjaxx; 05-15-09 at 12:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Ongoing build thread for my Girl-built SC300nat!